Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats push to amend Constitution so 16-year-olds can vote

el midgetron

6 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Risk and actually fatalities are different, but I will stick with source I trust the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA) over any other source to be honest, every state reports to that National agency. What, your did talking into account in my opinion is the fact that 21 year old through 74 year olds die most frequently because They are drunk or high those same statistics don’t play out for teenagers. But, hey I believe what I believe and I am not changing my comments, and neither should you so let’s agree to disagree respectfully!:tu:

In case anyone reads and believes your fibs, I need to post the following.  Teens driving drunk is still a huge issue in the states.  

Statistically, teen drivers get in the most car accidents. Studies from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety revealed that drivers between 16 and 17 years old get in more motor vehicle accidents than any other group of drivers. Teen drivers tend to lack the experience and situational awareness to make safe decisions on the roadway. Generally, the older a driver gets, the safer they are behind the wheel.

In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This translates to 1,848 fatal accidents at the hands of teen drunk drivers.

https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/teendrinkinganddriving/index.html#:~:text=Young drivers (ages 16-20,they have not been drinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I find humor in the fact that many people find that 16 is a perfectly acceptable age to be a parent but not in who determines the laws affecting thier or their children's future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am preparing for the backlash, a Constitutional Amendment enshrining gas stoves as a God given right.  That will own the libs and  get lots of votes.

• Haha 6

I believe anyone that turns 16 years old should be allowed to vote. I've met and talked to many intelligent 15 and 16 year old people that know a lot more then you think they would. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SHaYap said:

Ye luvs Ye Yea Yeah Ye... 

~

WTF,,,,,,Um……Ha! Ha! Ha!:lol:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I believe anyone that turns 16 years old should be allowed to vote. I've met and talked to many intelligent 15 and 16 year old people that know a lot more then you think they would. :D

Yes, sister we need to set the Radical Rightwing Conservative Extremism of our Political Representatives in Washington D.C. it’s not about politics or one group of people with a political affiliation trying to belittle those with a different political affiliation. Because that’s the problem with America today and the divisionist / divisionism that was fully inspired by Diaper Don or the influence of those sycophant’s still remaining within our Government that must be crushed to prevent a resurgence of Disper Don’s twisted Nationalism. It’s about ignorance, bias, and foolishness because they are unable to conceive or admit that a 16 year old has more political knowledge and savvy than they are, which frightens them, so they lash out like any frightened animal will!:lol:

Namaste!:nw:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Myles said:

In case anyone reads and believes your fibs, I need to post the following.  Teens driving drunk is still a huge issue in the states.  

Statistically, teen drivers get in the most car accidents. Studies from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety revealed that drivers between 16 and 17 years old get in more motor vehicle accidents than any other group of drivers. Teen drivers tend to lack the experience and situational awareness to make safe decisions on the roadway. Generally, the older a driver gets, the safer they are behind the wheel.

In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This translates to 1,848 fatal accidents at the hands of teen drunk drivers.

https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/teendrinkinganddriving/index.html#:~:text=Young drivers (ages 16-20,they have not been drinking.

Just look at insurance premiums they drop after 25.

Though going on the insurance premiums women are safer drivers than men.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Myles said:

Well obviously, you're having reading comprehension issues because what I posted was for 2020 only, so how does 2017 relate to that date do you have difficult with math too!:unsure:

I may be guilty of Fibs, but I am not disingenuous you are the title holder in that area!:no:

Also, my comments were based only fatalities but obviously you were not capable of disputing that. So you changed your comments to reflect all accidents, not the important ones where someone or more than one were killed. Oh no your included scratches on paint WTF. Since you can't quote me according to the actual comments I made go stand in the corner Sparky, like the kid who stole another kid's lunch and blamed another kid for it, you're a silly little boy, but I caught you!!!!!!!!!!!:P

I will wait for your reply with smile! :lol:

Because, your tripped dude, and i expect you will come back with excuse and i have a response for that, btu I will wait!:D

This just in:

Poll shows16 year olds actually lean right. Democrats light this proposal on fire on the house floor. 

Also Central and South Americans lean right as well. Democrats seen laying bricks at the border themselves. 

Does anyone honestly believe this is out of respect for the intelligence of teenagers? Or is it because their minds are more maliable? They propose this every few years and it goes away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Does anyone honestly believe this is out of respect for the intelligence of teenagers? Or is it because their minds are more maliable? They propose this every few years and it goes away. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head. 

cormac

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes, sister we need to set the Radical Rightwing Conservative Extremism of our Political Representatives in Washington D.C. it’s not about politics or one group of people with a political affiliation trying to belittle those with a different political affiliation. Because that’s the problem with America today and the divisionist / divisionism that was fully inspired by Diaper Don or the influence of those sycophant’s still remaining within our Government that must be crushed to prevent a resurgence of Disper Don’s twisted Nationalism. It’s about ignorance, bias, and foolishness because they are unable to conceive or admit that a 16 year old has more political knowledge and savvy than they are, which frightens them, so they lash out like any frightened animal will!:lol:

Namaste!:nw:

They should start a new party … True Republicans United, Massively Patriotic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They should start a new party … True Republicans United, Massively Patriotic. 

I think your right, and I agree with you completely, however, I would add the following. Yet, I also think the party names Republican and Democrat are far tainted, they should rename the parties and make a fresh start. But to do that they must also set term limits, because the current system is beyond just broken it's fossilized. We currently have a bunch of geriatric Neanderthal's on the verge of exhibiting early-stage Dementia we need to put them in Museum's, where we can take our Grand Children and SAY look Mikey, those are the Neanderthals use to be in charge of our country!!:lol:

image.jpeg.3e8c3b4f03423be344d279bb83908515.jpeg

Current Neanderthal President --- :D

Cro magnon history day : talesfromcavesupport

The age requirement on Congress and the Presidency are very important, we can't keep allowing these Neanderthal's occupy seats, our entire voter base from 18-30 can't relate to them and they feel alienated. So, while we are at it, we also need to introduce legislation for age limits on Congress and the Presidency:

The ages below are the youngest and the oldest ages when they enter office! Man, we need young blood, 

Congress --- 25 - 55 years old

Presidency -- 35 - 55 years old

image.jpeg.401f47a10a927f7f2b36139950151296.jpeg

image.jpeg.fac1853f6e9f385b3ac660916b8ceb2a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well obviously, you're having reading comprehension issues because what I posted was for 2020 only, so how does 2017 relate to that date do you have difficult with math too!:unsure:

I may be guilty of Fibs, but I am not disingenuous you are the title holder in that area!:no:

Also, my comments were based only fatalities but obviously you were not capable of disputing that. So you changed your comments to reflect all accidents, not the important ones where someone or more than one were killed. Oh no your included scratches on paint WTF. Since you can't quote me according to the actual comments I made go stand in the corner Sparky, like the kid who stole another kid's lunch and blamed another kid for it, you're a silly little boy, but I caught you!!!!!!!!!!!:P

I will wait for your reply with smile! :lol:

Because, your tripped dude, and i expect you will come back with excuse and i have a response for that, btu I will wait!:D

So you are sticking with your thought that teens do not drive impaired as much as people over 20 years old?   That nonsense is owned by you and not true.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, Myles said:

Look dude I called you out for being Disingenuous and I will stick with that, because anyone who reads our comments will see the silly stunt you tried to pull.:td:

Do, you honestly believe that I am so ignorant that I would not see the nonsensical BS your attempted to pull. Your source doesn’t compare in anyway to mine, you must be seriously joking:P, So, you need to go stand in the corner for acting childish, and put your nose where the right and left side of the wall meet. :lol:

Your sources are 4 years older than mine, they are from 2017 and mine is from 2020. If I was able to find a new source I would have used it, but Your wouldn’t, you would still cherry Pick a source that fix your preconceived notions, while tried to accurately report the facts, your sad dude. Also, I would never use a source that’s 4 years older than the  newest available like you did because you could not admit you were wrong. Then I specifically only report deaths by age, you counted knocked off mirrors and scratches if they were reported.

Whats more important how many scratches there are on a vehicle or how many people were killed in that vehicle it only seems logical we would base the discussion on fatality rate based upon age nit fender benders!:no:

I mean seriously who gives a dam if someone gets involved in a fender bender not me Sparky!:P

Last, your source is from AAA, and mine is from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA) which is the most accurate reporting agency in the United States, and AAA doesn’t compare to NHTSA,:yes:

If you are unable to admit what you did or your unable to comprehend what I am saying I will not repeated again, so wake up fellow because you sleeping at the Wheel!:tu:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA) : https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/People/PeopleAllVictims.aspx

Teenage motor vehicle crash deaths year 2020 (Age) 16- 20 year old age groups total fatalities: 3121

Adult motor vehicle crash deaths year 2020 (Age) 20 - 74 year old age group’s total fatalities: 31222

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

So you are sticking with your thought that teens do not drive impaired as much as people over 20 years old?   That nonsense is owned by you and not true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Look dude I called you out for being Disingenuous and I will stick with that, because anyone who reads our comments will see the silly stunt you tried to pull.:td:

Do, you honestly believe that I am so ignorant that I would not see the nonsensical BS your attempted to pull. Your source doesn’t compare in anyway to mine, you must be seriously joking:P, So, you need to go stand in the corner for acting childish, and put your nose where the right and left side of the wall meet. :lol:

Your sources are 4 years older than mine, they are from 2017 and mine is from 2020. If I was able to find a new source I would have used it, but Your wouldn’t, you would still cherry Pick a source that fix your preconceived notions, while tried to accurately report the facts, your sad dude. Also, I would never use a source that’s 4 years older than the  newest available like you did because you could not admit you were wrong. Then I specifically only report deaths by age, you counted knocked off mirrors and scratches if they were reported.

Whats more important how many scratches there are on a vehicle or how many people were killed in that vehicle it only seems logical we would base the discussion on fatality rate based upon age nit fender benders!:no:

I mean seriously who gives a dam if someone gets involved in a fender bender not me Sparky!:P

Last, your source is from AAA, and mine is from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA) which is the most accurate reporting agency in the United States, and AAA doesn’t compare to NHTSA,:yes:

If you are unable to admit what you did or your unable to comprehend what I am saying I will not repeated again, so wake up fellow because you sleeping at the Wheel!:tu:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA) : https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/People/PeopleAllVictims.aspx

Teenage motor vehicle crash deaths year 2020 (Age) 16- 20 year old age groups total fatalities: 3121

Adult motor vehicle crash deaths year 2020 (Age) 20 - 74 year old age group’s total fatalities: 31222

You are looking like an idiot in this.   Teens are involved in more accidents involving drugs or alcohol than those who are not teens.  That is a fact.   Grow up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes

In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). 

That is using the numbers from "YOUR" source.   Do you really feel that teens have changed their ways in the past 4 years?   You are clueless if you do. 

You are still struggling to interpret the numbers you are posting.  Of course the volume is higher for 54 different ages of people than it is for 16,17,18,19 ages of people.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are looking like an idiot in this.   Teens are involved in more accidents involving drugs or alcohol than those who are not teens.  That is a fact.   Grow up.

While I agree that those 16, 17 year olds are not the safest drivers and that both, the US and Canadian student driving schools are a joke, your previous post is misleading when connected to your response.

Your post:

"In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This translates to 1,848 fatal accidents at the hands of teen drunk drivers."

How is 17% more than 83%?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odas said:

While I agree that those 16, 17 year olds are not the safest drivers and that both, the US and Canadian student driving schools are a joke, your previous post is misleading when connected to your response.

Your post:

"In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This translates to 1,848 fatal accidents at the hands of teen drunk drivers."

Simple math.  Teen drivers make up only four ages (16,17,18,19) where those aged 20-75 or so is much more than 4.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Are you in love with me, is that why you keep sticking your tongue out!:lol: Well, I don’t roll your way sparky, but I can recommend a place where you can get your kicks!:D Head down to Venice illinois, then go to K Street it dead ends, when you reach the dead end then knock on the door of the last house on the left!

Yiu should have no problem finding it, Venice can’t be far from where you live, hell you may be able to walk!:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

11 minutes ago, odas said:

Your post:

What the actual problem is, the data he supplied is 4 years older than mine, I use use accidents because that could be anything from a scratch to the loss of a mirror. I think the appropriate statistics to consider are fatality rates

Peace Bro!

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

Simple math.  Teen drivers make up only four ages (16,17,18,19) where those aged 20-75 or so is much more than 4.  

Well, again, your post is misleading. According to your post the majority of drunk driving fatalities involved drunk teen drivers, 17%. So who caused the other 83% of the fatalities? Chicken?

If 17% of fatal accidents were caused by young teen drivers 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds, than 83% of the fatal accidents were caused by the older, more experienced road rage group, 20 and above.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes

In 2017, there were 10,874 drunk driving deaths, and 17 percent of them were caused by teen drunk driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). 

That is using the numbers from "YOUR" source.   Do you really feel that teens have changed their ways in the past 4 years?   You are clueless if you do. 

You are still struggling to interpret the numbers you are posting.  Of course the volume is higher for 54 different ages of people than it is for 16,17,18,19 ages of people.  

You still using a source that 4 years old from 2017. Dude, please my simple education allows me to forget more than you know, unlike you I have an IQ in the triple digits, nit the double digits life you!:tu:

Please, share your true feelings , it’s the Left, it’s the left, it’s the left those are your go too comments I am waiting for you use those famous words !:lol:

5 minutes ago, odas said:

Well, again, your post is misleading. According to your post the majority of drunk driving fatalities involved drunk teen drivers, 17%. So who caused the other 83% of the fatalities? Chicken?

If 17% of fatal accidents were caused by young teen drivers 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds, than 83% of the fatal accidents were caused by the older, more experienced road rage group, 20 and above.

Come on man, your going embarrass the little guy trust me he isn’t worth it.

14 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Come on man, your going embarrass the little guy trust me he isn’t worth it.

Not trying to embarrass anyone just pointing out that stats can be formed in different ways.

54% of fatal accidents in US are caused in rural areas by drunk drivers. Rural areas mostly vote republican. Another stat that can proof one or the other point but does not show the whole picture. Urban areas have more police on streets, better alternative ways to commute, better driving schools...yet still 65% of all accidents happen in urban areas....another stat that can mislead......in the direction one wants to go.

In short, as I said, us and canada driving schools suck big time. US and Canadian trained drivers are one of the worst, according to what I was able to see in my experiance. Lack of training, lack of comon sense and a huge deal of road rage.

• Thanks 1