Myles Posted January 16 #51 Share Posted January 16 1 hour ago, odas said: Well, again, your post is misleading. According to your post the majority of drunk driving fatalities involved drunk teen drivers, 17%. So who caused the other 83% of the fatalities? Chicken? If 17% of fatal accidents were caused by young teen drivers 16, 17, 18, 19 year olds, than 83% of the fatal accidents were caused by the older, more experienced road rage group, 20 and above. I admit, I should have worded it differently. The fact is that teens are more likely to be involved in a drunk driving fatality, by percentage, than someone over 20 years old. By volume, of course more involve those 20 or over. According to the NHTSA, teens are involved in fatal accidents at a higher rate than other ages. The term young driver refers to a person 15 to 20 years old operating a motor vehicle Young drivers accounted for 8.5 percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2020. However, young drivers were only 5.1 percent of all licensed drivers in 2020. Although people under 21 are legally prohibited from drinking alcohol, 29 percent of young drivers 15 to 20 years old who were killed in crashes in 2020 had blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) of .01 grams per deciliter (g/dL) or higher; 82 percent of those young drivers who had alcohol in their systems also had BACs of .08 g/dL or higher. https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/813313 1 1 Top Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now