Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon is struggling to explain more than 170 fresh UFO reports, new document reveals

Still Waters

The U.S. government has been inundated with hundreds of UFO encounter reports in the past year, and about half of them remain inexplicable, according to an unclassified document released by the Pentagon Thursday (Jan. 12).

The 11-page report, filed by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), reveals that the Pentagon has cataloged a total of 510 reports of alleged sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) — or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs), as the government prefers to call them — largely filed by U.S. military personnel. Of these cases, 366 were newly identified in 2022, while the remaining 144 were identified in a prior ODNI report that looked at UFO data compiled between 2004 and 2017.

Of the 366 newly opened cases, 195 have been initially resolved with relatively mundane explanations; according to the report, 26 cases were identified as drones, 163 were classified as "balloons or balloon-like entities," and six were labeled as airborne clutter, such as birds or plastic bags.

https://www.livescience.com/pentagon-ufo-report-unsolved-2022

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Unclassified-2022-Annual-Report-UAP.pdf

• Like 1

Heh, I will throw one into the basket. Identify this...

IMGP0492_over_bastardized_zps79fd94a7.JPG.9e4543d37aa5112a7e64016b50a8f789.JPG

Would it fall in unindentified folder?

PS it was a bug flying accross FOV, long exposure, overbastardization of original pic, voilia, saucer....  

• Like 2

Whenever the west is involved in a war they always do this UFO thingy.

Its to cast doubt into the minds of Russians as to whether they could beat us.

4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The U.S. government has been inundated with hundreds of UFO encounter reports in the past year, and about half of them remain inexplicable, according to an unclassified document released by the Pentagon Thursday

so what!? Putting it like this makes it sound all weird & wonderful.... It's impossible to get positive data from a story told.

Misinterpretation is one thing but folk can & will exaggerate & just plain ol' lie for attention in whatever form.. How can anyone possibly know/ get anything from a story!?

If I see footage of something in the sky & can't make out what it is I say: 'nope, I don't know what that is'= because it could be anything!
Because the Pentagon is struggling to explain them (well, so we're told) some folk feel there's more to it when in reality they probably mean the same as I do:  'nope, I don't know what that is'= because it could be anything!

Only people who look at it all through fantasy glasses see something mysterious weird & wonderful 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Whenever the west is involved in a war they always do this UFO thingy.

Its to cast doubt into the minds of Russians as to whether they could beat us.

Where Brits come into the picture? Just a thought...

173 unexplained sightings, mostly by military personnel.

Then the article is keen to point out it doesn't mean alien... why? Why can't it be alien? Why limit the search like that?

Odd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

173 unexplained sightings, mostly by military personnel.

Then the article is keen to point out it doesn't mean alien... why? Why can't it be alien? Why limit the search like that?

Odd.

Yep, good solid logic there. With this kinda rational thinking maybe one should look into fairies too. Well if you don't know what it is it could be anything, right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Yep, good solid logic there. With this kinda rational thinking maybe one should look into fairies too. Well if you don't know what it is it could be anything, right?

I'm very upset that they didn't mention Mothman. I mean, why limit the search to things other than Mothman? We know for certain that Mothman flies therefore some of these reports could be Mothman. It's like these S.O.B.s are trying to convince us that Mothman doesn't exist!

• Like 1

No. They can't explain ANY of them. Just admit it!

22 hours ago, Dejarma said:

On 1/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, Dejarma said:

So by your logic, the military observers, who observe flying objects often, should be on the same level as the Fairies observers? What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

So by your logic, the military observers, who observe flying objects often, should be on the same level as the Fairies observers? What on earth are you talking about?

the authorities are not considering aliens as an answer. Though people like your good self believe they are after reading stuff read or said in a youtube video by those who will earn money out of people who believe all the conspiracy theories. 
There's a very small handful of individuals (retired this/  X that) putting this stuff out there- you have to ask 'why is it just a few'?

The authorities (the pentagon, Navy, air force, etc) will not spend time & resources on aliens to solve the UAP problem.
 The authorities are worried about other countries, not aliens... Where in an official document does it say they are!?

That's what I'm talking about! IF you're going to reply then at least do me the honour of not throwing another link at me of a retired this/  X that telling stories because you'll put me in the mood for cutting my own testicles off with a blunt razor blade, again.

Now you wouldn't want that would ya;)  Thanks

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

the authorities are not considering aliens as an answer. Though people like your good self believe they are after reading stuff read or said in a youtube video by those who will earn money out of people who believe all the conspiracy theories. 
There's a very small handful of individuals (retired this/  X that) putting this stuff out there- you have to ask 'why is it just a few'?

The authorities (the pentagon, Navy, air force, etc) will not spend time & resources on aliens to solve the UAP problem.
 The authorities are worried about other countries, not aliens... Where in an official document does it say they are!?

That's what I'm talking about! IF you're going to reply then at least do me the honour of not throwing another link at me of a retired this/  X that telling stories because you'll put me in the mood for cutting my own testicles off with a blunt razor blade, again.

Now you wouldn't want that would ya;)  Thanks

I have not given you any links. Nor do I intend to. No idea what you are talking about in regards to this but your logic has been proven to be flawed so... 

As for Pentagon spend on the UAP problem - they are and do spend money on it. Quite a hefty sum all be told.

Now, where do you find these professionals who are fairy observers that you previously mentioned?

• Like 1

the Pentagon has cataloged a total of 510 reports of alleged sightings

Alleged? Is this suggesting that highly trained U.S. military personnel could be making up stories?

195 have been initially resolved with relatively mundane explanations.

Who resolved them? Is there an individual or a group of individuals reading through the reports & concluding= 'a plastic bag' OR 'a flock of birds'??...

How did they come to these conclusions after reading a story/ sorry- a file?

Who filed it?: 

largely filed by U.S. military personnel

Oh dear :hmm:

25 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

As for Pentagon spend on the UAP problem - they are and do spend money on it. Quite a hefty sum all be told.

yeah with regards to a threat from other countries- not bloody aliens! where has any official (who's still in their job BTW) said they are worried about an alien threat?? 

I have not given you any links. Nor do I intend to.

where did i say YOU did? i was talking in general.. now you have a wonderful day my friend:tu:

Edited by Dejarma

43 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

IF you're going to reply then at least do me the honour of not throwing another link at me of a retired this/  X that telling stories because you'll put me in the mood

Your response to ME, mentioning links... and the use of the word 'another' meaning that you think I've sent you more than link.

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah with regards to a threat from other countries- not bloody aliens! where has any official (who's still in there job) said they are worries about an alien threat?? 

where did i say YOU did? i was talking in general.. now you have a wonderful day my friend:tu:

I would be pretty sure the people researching the UAP haven't ruled out aliens. They are professionals and cannot afford blindspots in their research.

• Like 1

Your response to ME, mentioning links... and the use of the word 'another' meaning that you think I've sent you more than link.

don't worry about it

I would be pretty sure the people researching the UAP haven't ruled out aliens. They are professionals and cannot afford blindspots in their research.

oh ok then

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Which aliens do you think they're considering?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, astrobeing said:

Which aliens do you think they're considering?

I would hope they rule nothing out. You?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I would hope they rule nothing out. You?

They shouldn't rule out angels. They have wings, you know.

• Like 2