Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon is struggling to explain more than 170 fresh UFO reports, new document reveals

Still Waters

17 hours ago, astrobeing said:

They shouldn't rule out angels. They have wings, you know.

They shouldn't rule out angels given the description in the most ancient texts we can get out hands on. What are angels really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Audio Imagez said:

If they could explain them, they'd no longer be unidentified. They'd just be flying objects.

Whatever they know, they're not gonna tell us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

They shouldn't rule out angels given the description in the most ancient texts we can get out hands on. What are angels really?

OK, what about flying monkeys? They can fly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, astrobeing said:

OK, what about flying monkeys? They can fly.

Didn't have you pegged as a Wizard of Oz fan but whatever floats your boat. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 1:36 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Didn't have you pegged as a Wizard of Oz fan but whatever floats your boat. 

You didn't know that flying monkeys are real? You find out they're real soon enough assuming the Pentagon doesn't cover up what they discover.

8 hours ago, astrobeing said:

You didn't know that flying monkeys are real? You find out they're real soon enough assuming the Pentagon doesn't cover up what they discover.

Most days, you do my job for me. Too easy.

• Like 1

Pegasus can fly too! I've seen it!!! Don't tell me what I've seen or not. I KNOW WHAT I'VE SEEN!!!!!

Oh I'm sure all these skeptics are going to tell me unicorns aren't real too.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2023 at 1:29 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Probably something on Earth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a non-story.. 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:00 PM, Still Waters said:

The U.S. government has been inundated with hundreds of UFO encounter reports in the past year, and about half of them remain inexplicable, according to an unclassified document released by the Pentagon Thursday (Jan. 12).

First up, at least they correctly define UFO as simply an UNIDENTIFIED flying object.  It don't mean 'alienz'.

Second, there always will be a portion of unidentified objects detected or spotted..  Think about it, people - every detection system, ranging from a human eye to a sophisticated weapon system through to a high powered telescope - EVERY SINGLE ONE has a range, outside which they can't even detect the object. Duh.  And then there will always be some objects that are just within range, but which obviously may not be identifiable, as they are just a single unresolved dot or blurry smudge.  The better our equipment, the fewer UFO's there will be, but there will always be those things that are just detected but we can't identify.  Double Duh.

So. and again I implore people to THINK about this... surely the things we should be concerned with are NOT the inevitable UFO's - we should be focusing on ONLY those things which are showing 'impossible' characteristics or maneuvering capabilities.  Otherwise, who gives a flying duck about the fact that some idiot who never looks at the sky sees a blurry distant light, or a distant Cessna might have briefly appeared on a radar and didn't get positively ID'd...

As our sky surveillance gets better with every second, we identify more and more of these (initially) UFO's.

And over, what 70 years or more of improvements, NOT ONE UFO has been properly recorded and evidenced doing anything worthy of deeper investigation.  NOT ONE.

Like I said, THINK about that.

There's a simple explanation of why there are no new reports evidencing impossible maneuvers, despite our ever increasing capabilities.  See if you can work it out.

(Added)

PS - given the observing expertise of Jane & Joe Public, I'd think that 'hundreds' of UFO sightings is actually very low, given the amount of stuff that is flying/orbiting around our cluttered and overpopulated planet...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Most days, you do my job for me. Too easy.

Like when you said the possibility of angels in UFO reports could not be rejected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:04 AM, Zebra3 said:

Whatever they know, they're not gonna tell us.

???

Who is 'they'?  May I suggest you join your nearest astronomy club, and then go visit some amateur astronomers and see what they do.  Then come on back and tell us your theories again.  Are 'they' paying the astronomers to keep quiet?  In every country of the world?  You should probably get out more - look for your front door handle, as a start.. 

• Thanks 1