Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boris Johnson’s Partygate testimony to be shown in full on live TV

Still Waters

Boris Johnson’s loyal band of supporters continue to believe he is the only politician with the box-office appeal to turn around the Tory party’s ailing fortunes. Before he has any chance of plotting a comeback, however, he will have to endure another box-office encounter that represents his biggest obstacle.

In what will be a high-stakes spectacle, major broadcasters are planning to air the entirety of the former prime minister’s testimony to parliament’s privileges committee, which is examining whether he misled MPs about law-breaking parties during the Covid pandemic.

So much sensitive evidence has been submitted to the inquiry that the Observer has been told it is being kept in a “strong room”. Only those with proper passes and reasons for access are allowed in and out. One source said some of the claims about parties were “decidedly weird”, and that new information would come to light.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/14/boris-johnson-partygate-testimony-broadcast-tv

• Haha 2

OOOOOOHHHHH......A circus! With clowns and all! :sk

• Haha 2

So we see again the new means of weaponizing media to destroy political opposition players any new chance at office.  I don't really care but it would be nice to see their efforts crash and burn both in the UK and the U.S.  Boris is a clown but a sex scandal?  In the UK?  REALLY?  I'm sure there's nothing more important going on just now... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, and-then said:

So we see again the new means of weaponizing media to destroy political opposition players any new chance at office.  I don't really care but it would be nice to see their efforts crash and burn both in the UK and the U.S.  Boris is a clown but a sex scandal?  In the UK?  REALLY?  I'm sure there's nothing more important going on just now... :rolleyes:

God forbid the public would be informed about what their elected representatives do in office...

But then, if you allowed that, your own criminal clown would never get back in, would he?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Boris Johnson has accepted he misled Parliament over Covid rule-breaking parties in Downing Street, but denied he did it on purpose.

The former prime minister has published a 52-page defence of his actions ahead of a grilling by MPs on Wednesday.

In it, he says his assurances to MPs that lockdown rules had been followed were made in "good faith".

Mr Johnson faces being suspended or even expelled from Parliament, if MPs decide he deliberately misled them.

A group representing families of Covid victims said his claim to have acted in good faith was "sickening", and it was "obvious" he deliberately misled MPs.

The privileges committee is expected to quiz him for several hours on Wednesday in a televised hearing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65012965

On 1/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, and-then said:

You do know that in the eyes of the modern left, Boris is literally Hitler. Yes my friend, the Overton window has moved so far left it's in another country, and the only thing that could possibly redeem him in their eyes now is if he Identified as a woman & converted to Islam.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

On 3/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

You do know that in the eyes of the modern left, Boris is literally Hitler. Yes my friend, the Overton window has moved so far left it's in another country, and the only thing that could possibly redeem him in their eyes now is if he Identified as a woman & converted to Islam.

No, that is Braverman, not Boris. Anyway, the hearing did not go very well, so now he is saying they withheld evidence that would have exonerated him.

Presumably, if the hearing had "been done properly" he would have had an excellent result. A bit like Brexit, then.

:Boris Johnson says papers central to clearing his name missing from partygate dossier (msn.com)

Edited by pellinore