Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starved to Death in an American Jail, the Man Who Couldn't Pay $100 Bail

Raptor Witness

This is just a small sample of the evil that exists in my home state of Arkansas, especially in the northwest corner.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration of this man’s attorney to equate this incident to the concentration camps that we liberated in Germany. The view of the German state at that time, was that the mentally ill should be exterminated.

This incident is the same type of thing. My next question is, where was the local bar association? Where was this man’s court appointed advocate, while he was being tortured to death?

Starved to Death in an American Jail, the Man Who Couldn't Pay $100 Bail -

NewsWeek 1-13-2023

Routinely homeless, schizophrenic and with an IQ below 55, Larry Eugene Price, Jr., wandered into the small northwest Arkansas police station on August 19, 2020, as he did nearly every day. Police in the town, Fort Smith, were used to seeing Price, then 50, coming in, hanging around for a bit, then leaving …

Woe to Arkansas .... Woe to her leaders, and Woe to her people.

• Sad 6

Well what a read, seems more than one person should be locked up for this one however imnsho i also see a family who seems to put far more effort into sueing the state than they did to help this man, worse his brother was a correctional officer, the "reason" he didnt push it if i understood is that he thought his locked up brother was getting care that was a wrong and careless assumption, some might say lazy and passing the buck there are agencies the famly could have contacted to go in and check on this man i would imagine it would take about the same efforts as to hire a lawyer which they did do if you have a loved one locked up an ill loved one you step up you ask questions like how long is he in for whats his bail etc and you get answers not blow off or like i said you get agencies involved, i see it as the state failed him and his family abandoned him. Very sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i see it as the state failed him and his family abandoned him. Very sad.

The family didn’t have control or custody, but the state did, and the state murdered this man. Plus, apparently no one has been fired, reprimanded, much less prosecuted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Raptor Witness said:

The family didn’t have control or custody, but the state did, and the state murdered this man. Plus, apparently no one has been fired, reprimanded, much less prosecuted.

The family should have used as much effort to make sure he was safe as they used to sue, there were agencies they should have called they dropped the ball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

This is just a small sample of the evil that exists in my home state of Arkansas, especially in the northwest corner.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration of this man’s attorney to equate this incident to the concentration camps that we liberated in Germany. The view of the German state at that time, was that the mentally ill should be exterminated.

This incident is the same type of thing. My next question is, where was the local bar association? Where was this man’s court appointed advocate, while he was being tortured to death?

Starved to Death in an American Jail, the Man Who Couldn't Pay $100 Bail -

NewsWeek 1-13-2023

Routinely homeless, schizophrenic and with an IQ below 55, Larry Eugene Price, Jr., wandered into the small northwest Arkansas police station on August 19, 2020, as he did nearly every day. Police in the town, Fort Smith, were used to seeing Price, then 50, coming in, hanging around for a bit, then leaving …

Woe to Arkansas .... Woe to her leaders, and Woe to her people.

It’s certainly down right horrific, mostly likely I will be online all night because I have seen this very thing in Afghanistan during the Invasion. When we liberate a Taliban Prison in Kabul and we found prisoners that were nearly in that condition and still alive, covered in Urine and Feces. But, to think this is allowed to occur in the United States, is beyond my comprehension and those responsible must pay, just like the captured prisoner guards payed in Afghanistan, please don’t ask me how they paid because I will not respond!

Fricken Unbelievable!:cry:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

The family should have used as much effort to make sure he was safe as they used to sue, there were agencies they should have called they dropped the ball.

The family's mistakes do not abrogate those of the state.  Whether or not the family is responsible/liable, the state's responsibility sands undimished.

Doug 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

The family's mistakes do not abrogate those of the state.  Whether or not the family is responsible/liable, the state's responsibility sands undimished.

Doug 

I agree i just dont abrogate responsibility of a family either, if you read what i posted you would see i believe some should be locked up for this. the family isnt innocent but hey you can be comfortable they will win a lawsuit.

• Like 1