Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged 'Bigfoot' captured on camera in Washington state

UM-Bot

It's a man in a fancy dress costume photographed by his mate in the forest.

This hoax is by 'Ron B'. The Cannock Chase hoax was by 'Ronnie'. Wonder if they are the same person?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sunshine in the Hoh River valley is rarer than bigfoot.  To catch both in one photo is beyond normal. This photo is very reminiscent of Bigfoot walking near Mt. Si. If I didn't know one was from near MT. Si and the other from near the Hoh river, I might think they were both from someone's backyard.

Edited by Portre
  • Like 1

Another nice grainy, poorly focused BF pic thats still better than most because we can see enough to know this is either a real BF or a real hoax no middle ground.

So lets look at the back story, we have zero chain of evidence or provenance for the pic or the photographer, when? Where? Etc so its really not evidence when people go anonymous on this stuff to me that throws about 95% of credibility and integrity out the window.

Looking at the pic i see red flags its a hoax so thats where i am on this one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

when people go anonymous on this stuff to me that throws about 95% of credibility and integrity out the window.

If you took this picture (and it were real) would you publish it along with your actual name? I wouldn’t. Be honest, if there is no corpse dissected and verified as an unknown ape by world renowned biologists you will never believe it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Portre said:

Sunshine in the Hoh River valley is rarer than bigfoot. 

Well that’s not true even in winter. Plenty of sunshine in the PNW.

• Like 1

That is the real deal right there. That is a sasquach. They usually look like this in photos. That's how you can tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is such a sasquach pose to make in the woods when a camera-equipped wilderness guru male human is present.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A large bipedal creature was photographed by a fisherman near the Hoh River around 18 months ago.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/363240/alleged-bigfoot-captured-on-camera-in-washington-state

The face does look very "Chewbacca" to me.

I think it also looks tremendously like a snag. I'd like to see a second pic showing it moved. I have trail cams and they can easily be set to 3 shot bursts. If the camera is checked regularly, the number of pics to look though can still be kept down to a reasonable number.

Indecisive as evidence. Probably fake IMHO. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

If you took this picture (and it were real) would you publish it along with your actual name? I wouldn’t. Be honest, if there is no corpse dissected and verified as an unknown ape by world renowned biologists you will never believe it. 

If it were real, why wouldn't you? You would be famous and depending on how you manage it, make a tidy sum of money from it.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Trelane said:

If it were real, why wouldn't you? You would be famous and depending on how you manage it, make a tidy sum of money from it.

The chance of bigfoot to encounter a hunter with gun ready to fire is way higher than some bystander with a camera having a chance to take a picture of it that clear...

BF would eat a bullet in his vital way faster than getting his pictures posted on internet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

It would be like telling people about the time you were abducted by aliens and showing a picture of their ship.  Most people wouldn't believe the picture and even more wouldn't believe the story. I might tell that story here anonymously but I wouldn't go get interviewed on a UFO show or give my name. Who would want to be that kind of famous?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It would be like telling people about the time you were abducted by aliens and showing a picture of their ship.  Most people wouldn't believe the picture and even more wouldn't believe the story. I might tell that story here anonymously but I wouldn't go get interviewed on a UFO show or give my name.

If it were real and genuine, it couldn't be debunked. That's what the issue has been thus far in both areas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

My weapons are at the ready once I'm out in the deep bush. After my scares with mountain lions and bear, I am extremely careful and mindful traversing the woods.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The face does look very "Chewbacca" to me.

I agree.  I think it actually is someone in a Chewbacca suit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

My weapons are at the ready once I'm out in the deep bush. After my scares with mountain lions and bear, I am extremely careful and mindful traversing the woods.

Certainly if you can kill one and have the corpse that's different.  Hard to debunk that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

If it were real and genuine, it couldn't be debunked. That's what the issue has been thus far in both areas. 

If it's just a picture it can be debunked to someone's satisfaction if they don't want to believe it or if said debunking fits their preconceptions.

I do wonder. If supposedly so many bigfoot photos are hoaxes, are the hoaxers not afraid of getting shot?

Used to be @Sakarihad a suit and would go out by camping areas and tigger the locals. Id have been scared out of my #$@% if I did that. I believe he lost/sold it a couple years back.

It has very short legs, dont you think

• Haha 1