Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the face of Jesus?

pellinore

17 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Jesus Christ, you must be I hate those dam Frankish Knights!:w00t::lol:

Hey my brother thanks for the information, I always appreciate you input because you’re of the few here, unlike me who is spot on without using source!:tu:

What part of MOS 11FOX don't you understand? :whistle:

22 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I have a question for you why did Jesus Christ actually die!:)

He died so you could live by faith in his sacrifice.  Or not.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Guyver said:

My question is how can the son of an omnipotent being die?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I tried to answer this fantastic question and my computer went wonky and deleted everything.  Sorry about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I tried to answer this fantastic question and my computer went wonky and deleted everything.  Sorry about that.

That’s ok my friend, thanks for trying to answer that question.

I appreciate your replies very much!

Namaste!:nw:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eight bits said:

Probably not. But here's the before and after of the OP image (from the Guardian link I posted earlier):

1368090314_b4after.jpg.4c89a690cb03d2c1ca8ef5cacd2455f5.jpg

The one on the left is the usual EuroJesus, as is the one on the Shroud. Your "based on" image, too, only spacier (in the THC sense, not the Urantia Book sense).

You think Jesus looked anything like that? Good for you.

I don't know which Turin Shroud you are talking about, but I was talking about this one..

The Episconixonian: Turin Jesus On His Face

il_794xN.2717170029_mtci.thumb.jpg.844d4f1bde35dbde7aa908c01c15b2b0.jpg

17 hours ago, Piney said:

No, it's a proven fraud.

You can believe what you want, I don't care, all I know is that picture resonates, goodness. 

And with GOD, anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You can believe what you want, I don't care, all I know is that picture resonates, goodness. 

And with GOD, anything is possible.

That statement told me everything........

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

That statement told me everything........

Yes, its quite a profound lesson.

First, don't care what other folk think, second, go with what resonates, and thirdly, "with GOD, anything is possible."

Now you know everything, Piney, perhaps you could tell me next weeks lotto numbers.:D 

13 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Who said Christ is dead?

Death is an illusion for all of us.

Call upon Christ, (once) and He is with you always.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, its quite a profound lesson.

First, don't care what other folk think, second, go with what resonates, and thirdly, "with GOD, anything is possible."

Now you know everything, Piney, perhaps you could tell me next weeks lotto numbers.:D 

When I saw it all I felt was someone's pain and suffering.

As for the lotto. Gambling is a evil in all forms.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

When I saw it all I felt was someone's pain and suffering.

As for the lotto. Gambling is a evil in all forms.

IMHO, its dogma, in all its forms, that are evil, or at least, may block someone from the truth, for awhile.

But, you are right, its been a strange day.

But I am feeling better now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

IMHO, its dogma, in all its forms, that are evil

Read my last couple of status updates and I'd like to add following anybody else's preaching isn't good either.

"Read everything, question everything, figure it out for yourself. Nobody stands between you and creation."

Quaker teaching as stated by Emma Peaslee Engel 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Read my last couple of status updates and I'd like to add following anybody else's preaching isn't good either.

"Read everything, question everything, figure it out for yourself. Nobody stands between you and creation."

Quaker teaching as stated by Emma Peaslee Engel 

This is what I do, know, believe, feel, live.

One takes useful information where they can.

But I follow no-one, and teachers I have had many, but, Christ is my Teacher, and we walk, talk, side by side.

Edited by Crazy Horse

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Who said Christ is dead?

Death is an illusion for all of us.

Call upon Christ, (once) and He is with you always.

Breaking News: Space Jesus has succumb to wounds suffered in his gallant fight against all (Flabobian Ass Hats) odds protecting Mankind, his Patriotism will never be forgotten, hell maybe we will start a religion in his honor, I think we will name it Christianity!!!!:nw:

Jesus on the morning if his epic space battle!

dwk61i-d780183c-5737-4982-bb35-69c69be529e2.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi82M2Y3NTlkMi0yYTgwLTQ0NDktOWRjZS0wYzQ2ZGE5M2MyZmUvZHdrNjFpLWQ3ODAxODNjLTU3MzctNDk4Mi1iYjM1LTY5YzY5YmU1MjllMi5qcGcifV1dfQ.9jp0U7phsM0w0ZXQfAcZ-NSkUZhnNN6P5yVU4--yxvM

Below is the Racist Leader of the Flabobian Ass Hats, his Majesty Trumpbobian VI

170403-Duncan-Trump-space-race-tease_tvrrs6

Here, Space Jesus is fighting the Racist Flaboiana Ass Hats!!:gun:

maxresdefault.jpg

Space Jesus was fatality wounded and succumbed to his wounds.

Pin on ART - "I AM the way..."

• Haha 4

On 1/18/2023 at 7:57 PM, Guyver said:

Guyv, can you expand on this. Thank you. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

This explains why there are so few Icelandic pizzerias.

• Haha 7

I think Our Lord Jesus has better things to do than appear in a pizza box. The one they call Monkey christ was a wall fresco in a spanish church. A female parishioner decided to restore the fresco and therefore you have Monkey Christ because she couldn't paint.A ten year old would have done a better job. You might want to do a search for the Holy Face of Manapello. It is an image of man's face on seasilk, placed between glass to preserve it. It has an interesting history to long to go into, and is believed to have been looted during the Sack of Rome in the 16th century, but is way older than that. The face is of Jesus.
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 6:42 AM, Sherapy said:

Guyv, can you expand on this. Thank you. 

Sure, it's the standard Evangelical Christian idea of Substitutionary Atonement.  According to many Christians, people are sinful as a result of Adam's sin in the garden, and in need of being redeemed (freed from sin guilt) in order to live with God in heaven, after people die.  It would take a long time to give you all the Bible verses to prove this.....but I'll give you some.  

1 Corinthians Chapter 15 breaks it down pretty well.  Here's the first part where the gospel is presented and the idea of Substitutionary Atonement.  "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by [a]Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have [b]fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time."

This next part is from the end of the chapter where it discusses briefly, how in Adam all die, but in Christ all will be made alive.  " For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. "

There are many other Bible verses I could use to prove this point, but let me know if this is sufficient.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sure, it's the standard Evangelical Christian idea of Substitutionary Atonement.  According to many Christians, people are sinful as a result of Adam's sin in the garden, and in need of being redeemed (freed from sin guilt) in order to live with God in heaven, after people die.  It would take a long time to give you all the Bible verses to prove this.....but I'll give you some.  

1 Corinthians Chapter 15 breaks it down pretty well.  Here's the first part where the gospel is presented and the idea of Substitutionary Atonement.  "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by [a]Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have [b]fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time."

This next part is from the end of the chapter where it discusses briefly, how in Adam all die, but in Christ all will be made alive.  " For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. "

There are many other Bible verses I could use to prove this point, but let me know if this is sufficient.  

Ahhh gotcha, thank you. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

I think Our Lord Jesus has better things to do than appear in a pizza box. The one they call Monkey christ was a wall fresco in a spanish church. A female parishioner decided to restore the fresco and therefore you have Monkey Christ because she couldn't paint.A ten year old would have done a better job. You might want to do a search for the Holy Face of Manapello. It is an image of man's face on seasilk, placed between glass to preserve it. It has an interesting history to long to go into, and is believed to have been looted during the Sack of Rome in the 16th century, but is way older than that. The face is of Jesus.

The face of Manoppello looks like a live action version of Chris from 'Family Guy'.  :wacko:

Seriously though, the actual facial feature style is Renaissance and in the style of Albert Durer, who did paint on sea silk.

Personally I think somebody copying Durer's style painted it because it looks like a lame attempt to paint and draw hair like Albert did.

• Like 4