Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate activist Greta Thunberg arrested during protest

itsnotoutthere

See how this works yet :-

Climate campaigner Greta Thunberg was detained alongside a group of activists yesterday during protests against the demolition of the German coal village of Luetzerath, according to police.

A spokesperson for the police division in the region said it was not yet clear what would happen to Thunberg.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/climate-activist-greta-thunberg-arrested-during-protest-over-expansion-of-german-coal-mine-42294676.html

:-

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

A spokesperson for the police division in the region said it was not yet clear what would happen to Thunberg.

I can answer that.  Some faceless wealthy liberal German will pay any and all fines, bail, and legal fees.  Celebrities get arrested at protests on purpose as a way bringing attention to their cause and it's barely an inconvenience unless they truly break some laws besides civil disobedience.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I can answer that.  Some faceless wealthy liberal German will pay any and all fines, bail, and legal fees.  Celebrities get arrested at protests on purpose as a way bringing attention to their cause and it's barely an inconvenience unless they truly break some laws besides civil disobedience.

Frequently the fines are only nominal.  If the protestors don't damage anything, or fight the police, judges are inclined to let them off easy.

Getting arrested is a way of establishing your bona fides.

Doug

• Like 5

Got to love the way the police cooperated with the media :rolleyes: I wonder if they asked her for an autograph and a selfie as well?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think she was a put up job to get kids involved period and her parents were always eco friendly......

• Like 4

The extremists do not do their cause any good.  We need scientists, engineers and business analysts to build the new systems.  Only the Congress and a few nut jobs (includes Elon Musk) are not behind the program yet.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

The extremists do not do their cause any good.  We need scientists, engineers and business analysts to build the new systems.  Only the Congress and a few nut jobs (includes Elon Musk) are not behind the program yet.

Doug

I've been trying to beat through my oldest sister's head to be the field biologist and not the protester for decades.......

• Like 1

O2G-tb8nnyUDsscyMC4FwcgniChRLVnHiPVliGtE

Um, you guys still believe anything the media says about this little globalist gremlin?

Watch the whole video. Police and Greta made sure the camera's got their good sides. Staged photo op for propaganda

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

EDIT: for clarity, if you were the in command of the police and your job was to clear protesters, would you waste time holding one in a particular pose for the cameras, then frog march them away through the media scum? Or would you quietly try to remove the protesters, without trying to provoke them?

Clearly, moving the protesters on was not in the polices interests. Having a smiling Greta was in the polices interests, but also Greta's

• Like 4

It's the equivalent of AOC being marched off 'handcuffed'.

• Like 4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zebra3 said:

Is she an expert or just a child actor?  The more-important question is:  does she disagree with the experts?

Doug

• Like 1

Apparently she has no answers to any questions. Shocker.

• Like 3

To be honest, send that halfwitted moron to African village in exchange of African family moving to the premices of hers/her parents'.

• Like 2

She comes across well though, doesn't she? I've never been interested in her, but she came across as mischievous and having a sense of humour.

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

She comes across well though, doesn't she? I've never been interested in her, but she came across as mischievous and having a sense of humour.

She like myself is on the Autism spectrum, we swing that way at times :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1