Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tracking the 2024 Republican Primary: Trump Leads Potential Rivals

OverSword

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We need an independent to be our next president.

Trump was effectively an independent, or at least outsider.  See how that worked out? :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Trump was effectively an independent, or at least outsider.  See how that worked out? :clap:

No, he is not an independent because he doesn't care one toe nail for the country, only how he can maximize his con's and feed off of the richt idiots that have been supporting him.  I am sure that the republicans paid dearly for his term as president in more than money, and now the independents have a chance to get a foothold in because of the incessant divisiveness of the two parties.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Who the heck is actually supporting Trump as a candidate at this point?

The power of darkness should not be underestimated, now or ever.

He could be the proverbial Man of Sin, or the Man of Lawlessness, in the flesh.

This is in direct contrast and conflict with the proverbial Son of God, who was willing to lose everything to gain ultimate power at The End of our civilization.

Even if you don’t buy the story, the contrast itself, is intriguing. One man loses his office as king, while Trump cannot accept losing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, he is not an independent because he doesn't care one toe nail for the country, only how he can maximize his con's and feed off of the richt idiots that have been supporting him.  I am sure that the republicans paid dearly for his term as president in more than money, and now the independents have a chance to get a foothold in because of the incessant divisiveness of the two parties.

So maybe third party candidate would be more accurate?

5 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The power of darkness should not be underestimated, now or ever.

He could be the proverbial Man of Sin, or the Man of Lawlessness, in the flesh.

This is in direct contrast and conflict with the proverbial Son of God, who was willing to lose everything to gain ultimate power at The End of our civilization.

Even if you don’t buy the story, the contrast itself, is intriguing. One man loses his office as king, while Trump cannot accept losing.

Usually I don't appreciate your religious references but this one is actually pretty good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If Trump could have achieved all that with the help of Democrats he would have gone with that.

The Republican party was taken over by Trump, as a defacto independent and outsider, as Oversword correctly described Trump's affiliation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So maybe third party candidate would be more accurate?

No, because there is only one 3rd party that is on the ballot in all 50 states.   I think they have a 50/50 chance of beating an independent candidate.   They do not have a cohesive leadership yet, so people like Vermin Supreme are allowed on their ballot, though I did notice he was not running in the last election.  Maybe they are getting their ducks in a row now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, because there is only one 3rd party that is on the ballot in all 50 states.   I think they have a 50/50 chance of beating an independent candidate.   They do not have a cohesive leadership yet, so people like Vermin Supreme are allowed on their ballot, though I did notice he was not running in the last election.  Maybe they are getting their ducks in a row now.

Who would be now enemy no.1 for Trump? DeSantis. Would Trump endorse DeSantis if DeSantis wins the primaries and the presidental nomination? Not in a dream. Trump would go balistic, against the Republican party. He would claim what he is claming now. Rigged. What would happen to the Republican party? Split. Maga would still stay with Trump. He would go independent. Victory for Dems. 

• Like 3

I feel like it's a bit to far away. 

I also feel like the preceding 4-6 month current events have a big effect on what happens in primaries 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, odas said:

Who would be now enemy no.1 for Trump? DeSantis. Would Trump endorse DeSantis if DeSantis wins the primaries and the presidental nomination? Not in a dream. Trump would go balistic, against the Republican party. He would claim what he is claming now. Rigged. What would happen to the Republican party? Split. Maga would still stay with Trump. He would go independent. Victory for Dems. 

The florida man (the old one) is not going to be allowed to run in 2024.   The republican party will be sure of that, if not, then I know I have slipped through some alternate universe and need to figure out how to get back home.    According the old florida man, everyone is his enemy.   

Besides, DeSantis is still not on this list:

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_registered_2024_presidential_candidates

Here might be a reason he hasn't registered yet, he loves being governor.

If DeSantis decides to run for president while remaining governor, it will likely require a change to Florida law. Florida currently says state officeholders must resign their positions if they run for a federal office. But Republican lawmakers, including state Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, say don't worry about the law — the legislature will repeal it. "When you think about it," Passidomo recently told reporters, "if an individual who ... is a Florida governor is running for president, he should be allowed to do it."

In Texas the governor can run for president and still be governor, and if he looses he can run for governor again but most states don't allow that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The florida man (the old one) is not going to be allowed to run in 2024.   The republican party will be sure of that, if not, then I know I have slipped through some alternate universe and need to figure out how to get back home.    According the old florida man, everyone is his enemy.   

Besides, DeSantis is still not on this list:

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_registered_2024_presidential_candidates

Here might be a reason he hasn't registered yet, he loves being governor.

If DeSantis decides to run for president while remaining governor, it will likely require a change to Florida law. Florida currently says state officeholders must resign their positions if they run for a federal office. But Republican lawmakers, including state Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, say don't worry about the law — the legislature will repeal it. "When you think about it," Passidomo recently told reporters, "if an individual who ... is a Florida governor is running for president, he should be allowed to do it."

In Texas the governor can run for president and still be governor, and if he looses he can run for governor again but most states don't allow that.

How come Ye isn't on that list? Ye is Running for President And Asked Trump to Be Running Mate | Vanity Fair

Edited by Gromdor

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Because he doesn't realize he has to register.  He is sitting in his hooka lounge making plans and not doing anything.   Or his lacky who was supposed to fill out the paper work quit and didn't tell him. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Usually I don't appreciate your religious references but this one is actually pretty good.

They are complete opposites, even if you don’t believe in the supernatural component.

Donald Trump, behaves in a manner, which is the opposite of the proverbial Son of God. It’s obvious, regardless of your faith.

It’s a very old forecast, and story; of a bad guy, who appears and does essentially what Trump is doing, yet he is hindered by a plague or series of plagues.

What blows my mind, is that it is mostly people of faith, who fail to see the bad guy, and who even deny the plague that hindered him.

Thus, their faith is shown to be unreal, even to the point of self preservation.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

They are complete opposites, even if you don’t believe in the supernatural component.

Donald Trump, behaves in a manner, which is the opposite of the proverbial Son of God. It’s obvious, regardless of your faith.

It’s a very old forecast, and story; of a bad guy, who appears and does essentially what Trump is doing, yet he is hindered by a plague or series of plagues.

What blows my mind, is that it is mostly people of faith, who fail to see the bad guy, and who even deny the plague that hindered him.

Thus, their faith is shown to be unreal, even to the point of self preservation.

I'm with @OverSword, I don't usually find your religious references relevant or useful, but this synopsis makes sense in a way.   What is weird is I remember reading an article in Franklin Graham's magazine a couple of years ago saying that Trump was evil, and a non-christian, but now I can't find that article.   And Franklin Graham is one of his supporters.   It is not that I care about Franklin Graham, I think his father is spinning in his grave over the things he says nowadays, but it caught my attention.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

If this nonsense is supposed to be to convince people he's anti-Christ, you might want to look a little closer into the qualifications for that "position".  That guy will be loved and respected by MOST people on the planet because he's a P E A C E M A K E R.  Just sayin'...  People who have bought in so totally that they actually believe Trump is as evil as Satan, usually cannot even make a short list of his actual CRIMES.  Oh, they can trash talk for days, recycling the media message, but they cannot produce actual facts to prove he's evil, or even that he's worse than an average politician.  Frankly, I think those who are still so obsessed with him may have an undiagnosed form of mental illness.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

If this nonsense is supposed to be to convince people he's anti-Christ, you might want to look a little closer into the qualifications for that "position".  That guy will be loved and respected by MOST people on the planet because he's a P E A C E M A K E R.  Just sayin'...  People who have bought in so totally that they actually believe Trump is as evil as Satan, usually cannot even make a short list of his actual CRIMES.  Oh, they can trash talk for days, recycling the media message, but they cannot produce actual facts to prove he's evil, or even that he's worse than an average politician.  Frankly, I think those who are still so obsessed with him may have an undiagnosed form of mental illness.

Well, he certainly isn't a P E A C E M A K E R.   

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, and-then said:

He is a bigger POS than most politicians.  Hilary, Schumer, Pelosi, imo worse than Trump but that is not a recommendation.  Trump is a loudmouthed, lying, greedy, egomaniac not fit to lead.

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, he certainly isn't a P E A C E M A K E R.   

Started no new wars :gun: That's a record for a POTUS these days :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He is a bigger POS than most politicians.  Hilary, Schumer, Pelosi, imo worse than Trump but that is not a recommendation.  Trump is a loudmouthed, lying, greedy, egomaniac not fit to lead.

Started no new wars :gun: That's a record for a POTUS these days :lol:

No, instead he has people afraid that the U.S. will have a civil war.   And we have had presidents that didn't start any New wars.    In case you think any recent president started a war in Afgahnistan, that happened in the lat 60's.  And we didn't start it then either.

• Like 1

This is just repackaging the polls thread, polls dont mean anything not in a bigger picture polls they simply reflect what those polled desire its an enigma to me that the same folks you foam at the mouth in unhigned meltdown over ebil media will grasp and cling to a poll no matter how riduculous just so long as it supports their dreams. Admittedly im not sure who msm and or? Puts out polls but seems the agenda is to stir the pot fan the fire

look how in 2016 hillybeast thought she had it 2020 BOM thought he won again because they fell for what they wanted so badly to believe from polls. Of course BOM subjects both in and out of the closet cling to polls saying BOM is leading, oh, did i miss the GOP announcing they are endorsing him?  that is of interest because if the GOP endorse that cheeto albatross its pretty much the end of their party.

Fueled by ( flawed, unreliable) polls Its weird unrealistic deeply delusinal to believe BOM after his incompetent life costing disastrous country damaging people dividing bumbling total failure 4 and epic loss 2020 followed by insurrection insiting and all his legal issues which cost him countless more subjects will win 2024. Frankly, I think those who are still so obsessed with him may have an undiagnosed form of mental illness.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, instead he has people afraid that the U.S. will have a civil war.  

I disagree that people are "affraid" for years BOM and his more deranged subjects have spewed bullying threats of civil disobedience and violence if they dont get their way i wish i had a Kennedy half dollar for every time i saw some bent knee bray about "what people will stand for" oh, btw biden is potus no civil war. No, i dont think that the American people are scared or puffed up tangerine bullies the people are not door mats.

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I disagree that people are "affraid" for years BOM and his more deranged subjects have spewed bullying threats of civil disobedience and violence if they dont get their way i wish i had a Kennedy half dollar for every time i saw some bent knee bray about "what people will stand for" oh, btw biden is potus no civil war. No, i dont think that the American people are scared or puffed up tangerine bullies the people are not door mats.

The canadians are though, or at least one of them.  We aren't going to have a civil war and the violence that those have brought about because of stuff the florida man said are being prosecuted.   The law still works.   Hopefully when the dust settles before 2024 that will be true for the "elite" wannabes as well  (the florida mand is not an elite, he has always tried to con his way into their circle but I think the circle is closing with him on the outside).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, instead he has people afraid that the U.S. will have a civil war.

That started with the riots of BLM and antifa when you had celebrities and even Kamala Harris bailing them out. Then they just got a slap on the wrist for burning buildings, looting, assaults and murder Then defund the police. Law abiding citizens were tired of Democrats, in all forms of government, encouraging it. Not to mention the fact it was in the middle of Covid. Most normal people were told to stay home and they did. A double standard once again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What bats? No criticism about those people selfishly spreading Covid. That they were essentially killing people by not wearing a mask and being in crowds. You can fill in the rest. I'm sure you have it memorized you've railed about it enough. You had the same reaction the Democrats had about it. It was an exception to all the rules but it was for a good cause. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

I didn't think this part was particularly accurate, if we're going with what Christians believe about him:

"the proverbial Son of God, who was willing to lose everything to gain ultimate power at The End of our civilization"

It's probably just the phrasing, but I don't think the message is that Jesus lost everything 'to gain ultimate power', that makes it sound kinda selfish.  I think it's that he sacrificed himself out of love and compassion for sinners.  His sacrifice wasn't a trade or transaction for his benefit, if it was Jesus got the very raw end of the deal in that trade.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What bats? No criticism about those people selfishly spreading Covid. That they were essentially killing people by not wearing a mask and being in crowds. You can fill in the rest. I'm sure you have it memorized you've railed about it enough. You had the same reaction the Democrats had about it. It was an exception to all the rules but it was for a good cause. :rolleyes:

I am flattered that you are still so obsessed with me and what i think and post, ty its kind.

I gave up on the BOM and how his incompetence and disastrous failure of a response to covid cost countless lives if in youre obsessions over me you dig up old posts of mine you will see i always supported masks and thought those who didnt wear them were selfish lowlifes, but you knew that already.

• Like 1