Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tracking the 2024 Republican Primary: Trump Leads Potential Rivals

OverSword

5 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

If so my mistake, I've never heard the term 'proverbial Son of God' used in reference to the anti-christ though.

I never have either, i guess technically speaking according to Christian religion the devil would be the son of god too, if not then where did he come from?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I never have either, i guess technically speaking according to Christian religion the devil would be the son of god too, if not then where did he come from?

John 3 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Thats your opinion and would be super if the case, i believe you like others mistake BOMs bellowing BS and raving tantrums as having cojones its not the same thing at all and 2020 showed us that America doesnt want him and the world doesnt need him they have plenty of other things to laugh at. :hmm:

No, i wont ever grasp why you are so very devoted to this man being your saviour like no other but i do respect you feel that way. :tu:

I'm not devoted to anyone except myself and my family.  I just see what it is...a piling on because he became president without paying dues to The Club or kissing the high and mighty asses of the PTB.  So, they sought to destroy him.  But they didn't.  So, I'm not piling onto the guy because everyone else is....it's a Trendy thing to do...and I'm not a trendy guy.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Betting on elections is illegal in the US (but not in my country), so I have taken a screen shot of the current odds rather than linking to a potentially illegal website. Trump is firming - one week ago the odds were $1.90 (DeSantis) vs $3.50 (Trump).

If you don't believe polls try the bookies who make or lose money on how well they can predict the odds! If DeSantis really is the overwhelming favourite,  $2.20 odds is basically suicide. Though it's still early days, the odds could change easily.

Screenshot_20230119_143139_Chrome.thumb.jpg.05985a507043b09efbddb3fbb102641d.jpg

If you go back to 2016...Trump was absolutely laughed and mocked and hated right into the Media Crow Eating evening of the election.  That's why they hate him.

Plus...there is one more thing...why aren't you people (not you) talking about this?  Slick Willy Clinton's minion  James Carville in 1992 coined the phrase, It's the Economy Stupid!  

So to all the Trump Nay Sayers...I will just say  it's the economy stupid!.

The median income in the U.S. is  is $44,000.

I don't have to tell you people that over the course of the pandemic the prices of practically everything has doubled.  Go to the grocery store...hit the gas pumps.  It's no secret inflation is out of control.  So that $44,000 ...pfffft....just take half of it and throw it out the window into the wind.

Everyone seems to have forgotten what the Obama economy was like when Trump took office...and what it was one year later...and he will remind them all...over and over again.  And they will trust him to fix it.  And he will.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, the13bats said:

People like to think that all evil comes from Satan, but God did create Satan, and everything that was created had a reason. You can't have good without evil of some kind. You can't have white without black.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten what the Obama economy was like when Trump took office

Seems like you've forgotten what the economy was like when Obama took office...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession

4 minutes ago, joc said:

It's no secret inflation is out of control.  So that $44,000 ...pfffft....just take half of it and throw it out the window into the wind.

Right, and thus it makes total sense that Republicans are so focused on CRT and Hunter and investigating the investigators and absurd apocalyptic ideas about 'wokeism' and other culture war junk...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Based on what I remember reading it did describe the anti-christ as some kind of messiah type, which means people thought he was represnting god. 

In Revelation he's called the False Prophet. Because though he comes preaching about God, his real support is to the Beast. Who is the Anti-Christ.

:devil:

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

None of that is necessarily true.

Look at a market on the totalisator as soon as it opens - with a zero pool.  The odds aren't necessarily changed by large amounts of money, but large proportions of the pool.  You can think the pool as an analog for a sample size.  However, it is impossible for the totalisator to lose.

If you start with an biased SP market you will still need to adjust the odds to cover the risk.  Even then a bookie can layoff to reduce the risk even further.  Have you seen an agency guarantee they will match the highest odds from three TAB agencies?  Those agencies are obviously laying off.

The betting markets are simply a reflection of the risk being carried.  It is a poll measured in dollars.

Dollars are more accurate than phone calls! 

https://theconversation.com/us-midterms-why-gambling-markets-often-predict-elections-more-accurately-than-polls-194189

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Donald has already admitted that a plague wiped out his chances.

You can argue it wasn’t orchestrated, but he believed this. Have you forgotten that he blames somebody else for everything that happens to him? 

Im not aguing with you and wont for personal reasons however i might not agree with you so i will toss in my opinion.

I say this in the kindness most respecting way i can as i like you and like many of your posts i also find you a religious loon okay replace "loon" with radical. I mean it in an odd good way i think.

Im fully awear and it makes me sick in my guts that trump has called himself the chosen one and his worshippers do see him as a messiah and their only hope its why when he fails which he does a lot and or his countless wrongs are broght to light they go into unhinged meltdown its hard to admit your God is false that you are being duped so some would rather turn a blind eye and go into denial,  blame, whataboutism, and rage etc.

I believe that trump blaming covid is more a case of like you say his go to of blaming others for his failures,  he blamed covid for losing to biden he also tried to blame election fraud, of course his own top shelf best gofundme $$$ could buy legal team proved the election was fair and square and it wasnt covid that hurt trump but rather his incompetent life costing disastrous failure of a late lack luster response to it that hurt him.

Do you see the pattern? BOM fails so he blames everything except the truth he is a failure incompetent and bumbling. Hes not the antichrist hes just a loser buffoon.

3 hours ago, joc said:

I'm not devoted to anyone except myself and my family.  I just see what it is...a piling on because he became president without paying dues to The Club or kissing the high and mighty asses of the PTB.  So, they sought to destroy him.  But they didn't.  So, I'm not piling onto the guy because everyone else is....it's a Trendy thing to do...and I'm not a trendy guy.   

Actually and i do like you most of the time in your desire to be eccentric nonconformist not trendy you are just that in your own way. You are glaring correct a lot is piled on BOM some would say just more manure added to the dung heap. But anything piled on BOM was done so because he asked for it.

If you support him and would vote for him and defend him then sure you are devoted to him its not a bad thing for a person to be devoted to what they believe in.

As far as BOM being distroyed thats a bit more complicated he lost 2020 bigly he is running again albiet off to a sluggish start and no endorsement, he is under more criminal and civil investagations than i can keep up with, "distroyed" is a pretty big take down i can see 2024 and of course BOM wont win he will be insane in meltdown as will his subjects however i wouldnt even call that "destroyed" bellowing BS isnt the sign of a strong great person.

Personally i dont want any harm to come to him hes old failing heath and he showed me in the chance he was given 2016 he is very bad for the country and the people, those people agreed 2020,  i dont want him to be potus again but im not too worried about that im not worried but im tired of his bulliying bs and evil divisions of people he causes he brings out the worse in a certain type subject he has, he trives on stirring hate and discontent.

I will be happy when he gets his gofundme where he wants it ( you can help be sure to keep sending him $$$ )  and steps back and hangs out with his grandkids at puttputt, heck even more wwf stupitdy would be fun.

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

The best part about religion is it's all make believe, so it doesn't matter what you say. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, joc said:

So, I'm not piling onto the guy because everyone else is....it's a Trendy thing to do...and I'm not a trendy guy.   

You remind me of that South Park non-conformist episode.  The non-conformists think they're cool, then everyone becomes a non-conformist to be cool too, and then the non-conformists want to become conformists because it's what everyone else isn't doing.  You're cool in your own mind...but you really do try to hard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Some statistical analysis may support that.

But your artical goes on to state the probabilities aren't terribly different. 

33 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Some statistical analysis may support that.

But your artical goes on to state the probabilities aren't terribly different. 

And I'm not arguing Trump is any kind of shoo-in for the position. I sincerely hope he doesn't become the Republican candidate. The point is that even if we take the odds from before the changed ($1.90 DeSantis vs $3.50 Trump - this is nowhere near the "no chance" that is being bandied about by the pundits and talking heads, in fact, if he does win the primary it will be less of a shock than his 2016 victory). 

That's all I'm saying, if you disagree with that and think Trump is part of the "no chance" crowd then you need to explain how you arrive at that conclusion despite the betting companies who make money off this offering pretty juice odds under such a circumstance. Suggesting that money is going all one way is a pointless exercise in hypothesis unless you have proof that more money is being bet on Trump than on DeSantis (or any of the other long shot options).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

You remind me of that South Park non-conformist episode.  The non-conformists think they're cool, then everyone becomes a non-conformist to be cool too, and then the non-conformists want to become conformists because it's what everyone else isn't doing.  You're cool in your own mind...but you really do try to hard.  

That made no sense to me whatsoever.   You are right about one thing...I am cool in my own mind.  And...I'm cool in your mind too.  And I don't even try.

Coolness just is  :)

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Actually and i do like you most of the time in your desire to be eccentric nonconformist not trendy you are just that in your own way. You are glaring correct a lot is piled on BOM some would say just more manure added to the dung heap. But anything piled on BOM was done so because he asked for it.

If you support him and would vote for him and defend him then sure you are devoted to him its not a bad thing for a person to be devoted to what they believe in.

As far as BOM being distroyed thats a bit more complicated he lost 2020 bigly he is running again albiet off to a sluggish start and no endorsement, he is under more criminal and civil investagations than i can keep up with, "distroyed" is a pretty big take down i can see 2024 and of course BOM wont win he will be insane in meltdown as will his subjects however i wouldnt even call that "destroyed" bellowing BS isnt the sign of a strong great person.

Personally i dont want any harm to come to him hes old failing heath and he showed me in the chance he was given 2016 he is very bad for the country and the people, those people agreed 2020,  i dont want him to be potus again but im not too worried about that im not worried but im tired of his bulliying bs and evil divisions of people he causes he brings out the worse in a certain type subject he has, he trives on stirring hate and discontent.

I will be happy when he gets his gofundme where he wants it ( you can help be sure to keep sending him $$$ )  and steps back and hangs out with his grandkids at puttputt, heck even more wwf stupitdy would be fun.

I don't give money to anyone...  If he wants to be POTUS...he has my support...but not financially.

We will see what we will see.  All I know is that what ever will be will be.  The future is not ours to see...K Sarah K Sarah

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Seems like you've forgotten what the economy was like when Obama took office...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession

Right, and thus it makes total sense that Republicans are so focused on CRT and Hunter and investigating the investigators and absurd apocalyptic ideas about 'wokeism' and other culture war junk...

I don't know what the Republicans are focused on...they are as much the problem as their brothers in arms the Democrats...same party...The Washington Party.

It's great not being tuned into the Media.  heavy sigh for those who are

7 hours ago, joc said:

I disagree. Time and again his own mouth has shown he is just wrong for the job. From running down POW’s to praising dictators to his insistence that the election was stolen (he lost) he has shown again and again and again that he is first for himself and his own ego and power and maybe second or third the USA. I agreed with and applauded some of his actions and the balls to tell truths our politicians never would but it’s just not enough. He’s wrong for the job and bad for the nation. If Covid had never happened or if he had stepped down from office with grace I may be singing a different tune but he didn’t have the sense to do so, proving his lack of thought and common sense.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

C'Mon Man!!!!

The Associated Press: Biden on classified docs discovery: 'There's no there there'.
https://apnews.com/article/biden-politics-united-states-government-wilmington-merrick-garland-f2384a87dcddbd38796f63e1269c6baf

“We found a handful of documents were filed in the wrong place,” Biden said to reporters who questioned him during a tour of the damage from storms in California. “We immediately turned them over to the Archives and the Justice Department.”

Biden said he was “fully cooperating and looking forward to getting this resolved quickly.”

“I think you’re going to find there’s nothing there,” he said. “There’s no there there.”

"filed in the wrong place" 

Needed a follow up question: "President Biden. President Biden... Sir, and where in the "Right" place for those to be filed?".

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, Tatetopa said:

Its much harder to be a victim in a centrist compromising atmosphere.  Some folks seem to relish that role of blaming all of their dissatisfaction on somebody else.  Pandering to that raises emotions and gets votes. 

Hi Tate

When I was growing up one company had to sell their product on its own value and could not bad mouth other products to sell their own. Your political system isn’t about how one party has a value but more about degrading the value of their competitors. I don’t see people voting for the value a party offers through planning and spending more time debasing their opponents which I think has a negative value on your system 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, joc said:

It's great not being tuned into the Media.  heavy sigh for those who are

Ha, riiiiggght.  You somehow know, 'You don't do the things he has done...including not be destroyed by the Media non-stop blitz of negative attack ads...without being exceptionally bright.', from communing with spirits or something instead?

• Like 1

The main reason the Left hates Trump is because he just won't do what they want. Any normal person... or even politician, would run screaming down the street from the wall of abuse he gets.

And yet he's still there, and saying he's going to run again. People hate what they can't control. The left hates Trump. 

• Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/biden-beats-trump-marginally-trails-desantis-new-gop-poll-rcna65601

The poll shows Trump losing to Biden 41-48% — an 8-percentage point disadvantage for the Republican that’s outside the poll’s 3-point error margin. But in a head-to-head matchup against DeSantis, Biden gets 42% of the theoretical vote compared to 45% for the Florida governor, which is essentially a statistical tie, the online survey of 1,035 voters from WPA Intelligence shows. 

“Of all the three candidates, DeSantis is the one who has room to grow … and yet he still has high favorable, he still beats Biden, whereas Trump loses to him,” David McIntosh, the president of the Club for Growth, told NBC News. “As more people start to recognize DeSantis, his face, there’s a lot of upside for him to grow and get stronger.”

DeSantis is doing well for someone who hasn't even agreed to run. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Ha, riiiiggght.  You somehow know, 'You don't do the things he has done...including not be destroyed by the Media non-stop blitz of negative attack ads...without being exceptionally bright.', from communing with spirits or something instead?

LG...I think it is a reasonable statement to say that a person who has done things like, build a billion dollar empire building hotels, is exceptionally bright.  Unintelligent people just don't do that.  I think it is also reasonable to say that,  a person who can overcome the day to day Media Attack Campaign as Trump did...is exceptionally bright.  If a person wasn't very smart they would most probably not survive the Media Onslaught.  That just comes from reasoned thought process.

I am not listening to the Media.  I don't have TV in my home.  I don't know what commercials are on TV.  I don't know who the latest greatest movie stars or TV stars are...I don't even know what TV shows are on.  So...I haven't heard the day in and day out Negative Attack Campaign put out on Trump by the Main Stream Media.

I don't hear it...so I am not influenced by it. Those who do, cannot help but be influenced by it.  But I don't, so I'm not.  I don't listen to talk radio.  I don't listen to the news.  I don't watch the news.  I don't look at the drudge report.  I don't need to know, I don't want to know, it just is irrelevant in my life.

I like Trump...so...I am just as bad as Trump is because I like him?  That's preposterous.  But that's what I keep hearing...or so it seems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

DeSantis is doing well for someone who hasn't even agreed to run. 

That's because the media is running him. They create these narratives. DeSantis is a king in Florida. I can't see how being president at this stage sounds enticing.  They're intentionally running him against Trump. They just want them to fracture the party and that could work but that's what's happening. Although I'd like to hear DeSantis give a flat out NO at some point soon if he truly has no intent.

• Like 2