Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Son Saw a Fairy

cgerke

My son is not one that makes up stuff like this. But since we placed a fairy garden on our porch we have begun to have unexplained activity in the house. Pair of shoes sitting on top of the ceiling fan glasses flying off a table.

My son and other family members are starting to see the fae more.

Did the Fairy Garden really attract them or something else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, cgerke said:

Can you describe what they are seeing?

I would have once called this impossible, but I now am one that believes such etheric creatures like fae can temporarily pop into our world.

Playing as tricksters is one of their claimed calling cards.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Poltergeist.

Can it be that someone in your household is unhappy? Does anyone feel neglected, not respected?

It might be wise to as a family consult a psychologist. You may need help in regard to your inter-family social relations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do find it possible that, under certain circumstances or by happenchance, humans can "perceive" beings that normally aren't detectable by our human senses. However I also think if that happens then we can only interpret that impressions in terms we understand. 

So if it was an actual sighting, then I think its impossible to tell whether it was what many humans would call a "fairy" or whether that was just the way your son's mind interpreted something that's usually not interpretable by our brains. 

For what it's worth I do think that there's a lot of spirituality in nature. And of course there's ways to invite said energies into your home.

I wouldn't worry too much about them though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

I'm sure your son is honest, but how old is he? The testimony of a 5 year old is different from that of a 25 year old.

He is 13 which I understand his perception my be different than mine.My wife and mother-in-law have the ability to see things that others may not see

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Can you describe what they are seeing?

I would have once called this impossible, but I now am one that believes such etheric creatures like fae can temporarily pop into our world.

Playing as tricksters is one of their claimed calling cards.

My son stated the fae he saw was a female and the wings were more like butterfly wings and she seems to be happy hanging out in the fairy garden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I do find it possible that, under certain circumstances or by happenchance, humans can "perceive" beings that normally aren't detectable by our human senses. However I also think if that happens then we can only interpret that impressions in terms we understand. 

So if it was an actual sighting, then I think its impossible to tell whether it was what many humans would call a "fairy" or whether that was just the way your son's mind interpreted something that's usually not interpretable by our brains. 

For what it's worth I do think that there's a lot of spirituality in nature. And of course there's ways to invite said energies into your home.

I wouldn't worry too much about them though.

Thanks and I do understand that everyone of all ages perceives things differently. I do believe it is possible that the fae can and do sometimes pass through our plane.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ell said:

Poltergeist.

Can it be that someone in your household is unhappy? Does anyone feel neglected, not respected?

It might be wise to as a family consult a psychologist. You may need help in regard to your inter-family social relations.

Thanks I will check into that.

3 minutes ago, cgerke said:

My son stated the fae he saw was a female and the wings were more like butterfly wings and she seems to be happy hanging out in the fairy garden.

It does kind of seem like the fairy garden attracted their attention and signaled a welcome mat. You mentioned psychic abilities run in your wife's family, so I wonder if your son is not also more sensitive. I suspect a non-psychic person would not have seen what your son saw even if they were looking at the same place and time.

• Like 2

Just now, papageorge1 said:

It does kind of seem like the fairy garden attracted their attention and signaled a welcome mat. You mentioned psychic abilities run in your wife's family, so I wonder if your son is not also more sensitive. I suspect a non-psychic person would not have seen what your son saw even if they were looking at the same place and time.

For me I cant really see them but I can sense something but I just can't see anything. Yes once when my wife and I were dating we were having dinner at this restaurant that was one of Audy Murphy's old house and when I had gone up the stairs to go to the bathroom my wife saw his spirit follow me up the stairs. Of course I did not see him but I felt him behind me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cgerke said:

My wife and mother-in-law have the ability to see things that others may not see

prove it :sleepy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It does kind of seem like the fairy garden attracted their attention and signaled a welcome mat.

you really believe that do ya? Fairies?

:D

humans are fascinating.. please carry on:tsu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

I'm sure your son is honest, but how old is he? The testimony of a 5 year old is different from that of a 25 year old.

Either can be honest and sincere and very wrong.

• Like 2

Politics, Religion & the Paranormal seem to be magnetic. :w00t:

• Like 3

I would love faeries to be more than make believe...

6fe03b9c460761b1a3e478a9fc54fa4a--twiste

But they are not, sorry Tink.

Many years back when i lived in orlando it was late afternoon sun slowly setting and i went over to my neighbors she had a rather nice flower garden i dont recall why i went over but i was tired and sat in the yard near the flowers. Then the neighbor starts loosing it saying there is a fairy flying around her flowers i said i see a black witch, relax its a type of moth, my neighbor is really coming unglued getting very cross that its no moth its a fairy so i step over in my garage grab a large aquarium net walk back over and quickly catch the moth, the neighbor is freaking out i will hurt the fairy i am careful open the net and the moth has a brief rest before taking off she sees it very well and then goes on to ask didnt i know that fearies shape shift into things like moths to fool people and hide.

I fully agree...

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

humans are fascinating.. please carry on:tsu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, cgerke said:

we have begun to have unexplained activity in the house. Pair of shoes sitting on top of the ceiling fan glasses flying off a table.

That is typical of a person acting act its also a go to story of folks troubled by spookies. ( i dont believe in spookies )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cgerke said:

My son is not one that makes up stuff like this. But since we placed a fairy garden on our porch we have begun to have unexplained activity in the house. Pair of shoes sitting on top of the ceiling fan glasses flying off a table.

If you want them to be less mischievous and more helpful, leave them offerings of milk, doll clothes, and cake at this fairy garden.

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cgerke said:

Myself and my girlfriend actually met two fairies in Hollywood, California in the 1970s. We had lunch withe couple and we found out what Faries we doing in Hollywood. They were actually to transgender individuals dressed in fairy costumes, because they had just married hours before we met them. What was interesting as it turns out, is that the male fairy was actually a woman and the female fairy was a man, I didn’t think it was appropriate to ask if they had gender reassignment surgery or not, hopefully not because then they could have children. It, was a very interesting day to say the least, and  we enjoyed our lunch and our conversation. It’s truly a shame that people are so threaten and fear what they don’t understand, because being open minded makes life much more enjoyable and interesting.

I don’t know about objects being moved, but visual observations could certainly be HummingBirds! I use to have Hummingbird feeders out on my property in Washington, State and they certainly look alike a graphic representation of what a fairy looks like in books and cartoons .sorry I can’t be more helpful!:tu:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Myself and my girlfriend actually met two fairies in Hollywood, California in the 1970s. We had lunch withe couple and we found out what Faries we doing in Hollywood. They were actually to transgender individuals dressed in fairy costumes, because they had just married hours before we met them. What was interesting as it turns out, is that the male fairy was actually a woman and the female fairy was a man, I didn’t think it was appropriate to ask if they had gender reassignment surgery or not, hopefully not because then they could have children. It, was a very interesting day to say the least, and  we enjoyed our lunch and our conversation. It’s truly a shame that people are so threaten and fear what they don’t understand, because being open minded makes life much more enjoyable and interesting.

I don’t know about objects being moved, but visual observations could certainly be HummingBirds! I use to have Hummingbird feeders out on my property in Washington, State and they certainly look alike a graphic representation of what a fairy looks like in books and cartoons .sorry I can’t be more helpful!:tu:

Thanks for that Grim… I have my favourite fairy story.

My mum (God rest her soul) loved fairy’s, My daughter was really interested in fairies from a very early age, and along with Mum’s influence… she became obsessed in them. We are fortunate enough to live where there have been many sightings of them.

I would take her to these hot spots and would sit for hours, waiting for the to show up, I know that sounds boring but we were surrounded by nature, so it was relaxing, I also taught her to whittle from 4yrs old, @Piney, he knows how good I was at this… Ohhh give me piece of glass, I could create…

That’s another story.

Back to my story… We live about 4 miles from where the Cottingley fairy’s were photographed, I went to the house the young girls took the original photo’s. I knocked on the door and I was greeted with a chap that bought the house, an actor in a UK TV series, I explained the situation and that my daughter was massively into fairies and would love to see the back yard and stream that they were photographed… He was an absolute gem and allowed us to come into his house and check out the exact spot the young girls took the images.

We didn’t see any fairies… (probably because of the new housing developments behind) non the less it was a magical experience for both my daughter and I.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Commander CMG said:

Thanks for that Grim… I have my favourite fairy story.

My mum (God rest her soul) loved fairy’s, My daughter was really interested in fairies from a very early age, and along with Mum’s influence… she became obsessed in them. We are fortunate enough to live where there have been many sightings of them.

I would take her to these hot spots and would sit for hours, waiting for the to show up, I know that sounds boring but we were surrounded by nature, so it was relaxing, I also taught her to whittle from 4yrs old, @Piney, he knows how good I was at this… Ohhh give me piece of glass, I could create

Doesn't sound boring to me man, I also love being surrounded by Nature. Hell, even in the Desert, if you pick a place away from people starting about an hour before Sun rise or Sun set its amazing how many creatures small and large come out. The only thing to take into consideration is to stay away from cliffs or rock out cropping's because the Dam king Cobra's also come out at that time also. I met one is Saudi Arabia and while it was cool, if it had come out behind me instead of 15 feet to my right, I would have been screwed!!!!!:yes: My, favorite Bugs are Dung beetle's, they are the most industrious creates I have ever seen, they are like the little train that thought he could. I watched one try and roll his dung ball up a 70% grade on a sand dune for almost 30 minutes and he kept losing it and it would roll back to the bottom. But that little critter never stopped and finally I left, and he was still trying to do the impossible, but you have to respect his tenacity or stupidity depending upon how you look at it!:D

I never learned to Whittle, that's outside my skill set, but I think it would be cool. The only cool thing I can do with Knives and axes are throw them and accurately stick them in my intended target! :yes:

The whole Fairy thing has me a little perplexed, do you think people are really seeing something, my guess would be Hummingbirds?? 

That’s another story.

Back to my story… We live about 4 miles from where the Cottingley fairy’s were photographed, I went to the house the young girls took the original photo’s. I knocked on the door and I was greeted with a chap that bought the house, an actor in a UK TV series, I explained the situation and that my daughter was massively into fairies and would love to see the back yard and stream that they were photographed… He was an absolute gem and allowed us to come into his house and check out the exact spot the young girls took the images.

I never heard of that before today, I guess I have living in cave to long, :lol: Thats wonderful, I can only imagine how happy that made your daughter, and there is nothing better than a smiling happy child! :tu:

image.jpeg.4a3a59bc573f658a68616756361dc669.jpegImage result for are the Cottingley fairy’s real

We didn’t see any fairies… (probably because of the new housing developments behind) non the less it was a magical experience for both my daughter and I.

I can only imagine how happy she was, and I also bet she will never forget that special day with her daddy! :tu: Yea those dam housing developments screw everything up, a special spot like that should be protected and made into a park where kids can go and dream that would be very fitting! :tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I can only imagine how happy she was, and I also bet she will never forget that special day with her daddy!

That's all that matters brother x 

I will be the first to admit "I do believe in them in" maybe its the magical location where I live live and the many locations here where there have been sightings. 

I only have happy memories when I hear the word Fairy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Commander CMG said:

That's all that matters brother x 

I will be the first to admit "I do believe in them in" maybe its the magical location where I live live and the many locations here where there have been sightings. 

I only have happy memories when I hear the word Fairy. 

I bet you do, those special times with our children are more valuable than anything else that we ever experience in our lives. Even in my situation, those memories are true treasures and the only thing I will take with me to my grave!!!!!!!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You should set up cameras inside and outside. It would be interesting to see if you’d capture anything.

• Like 2