Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Son Saw a Fairy

cgerke

14 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

You should set up cameras inside and outside. It would be interesting to see if you’d capture anything.

Fairy Dust will make a mess out of Camera, that why known are ever caught on film!:yes:

Namaste!:tu:

20 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Fairy Dust will make a mess out of Camera, that why known are ever caught on film!:yes:

Namaste!:tu:

But it might capture a bored 13 year old putting shoes on a fan, etc.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

If I had a daughter I would hope she would be interested in a tour of a recreation of the interior of the starship Enterprise rather some house where girls faked fairy pics.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:58 AM, cgerke said:

Pair of shoes sitting on top of the ceiling fan glasses flying off a table.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:58 AM, cgerke said:

Did the Fairy Garden really attract them or something else?

That is poltergeist activity, the garden is just symbolic but the intention to attract something paranormal is why this is happening. you have opened a door.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, the13bats said:

I would love faeries to be more than make believe...

6fe03b9c460761b1a3e478a9fc54fa4a--twiste

But they are not, sorry Tink.

Many years back when i lived in orlando it was late afternoon sun slowly setting and i went over to my neighbors she had a rather nice flower garden i dont recall why i went over but i was tired and sat in the yard near the flowers. Then the neighbor starts loosing it saying there is a fairy flying around her flowers i said i see a black witch, relax its a type of moth, my neighbor is really coming unglued getting very cross that its no moth its a fairy so i step over in my garage grab a large aquarium net walk back over and quickly catch the moth, the neighbor is freaking out i will hurt the fairy i am careful open the net and the moth has a brief rest before taking off she sees it very well and then goes on to ask didnt i know that fearies shape shift into things like moths to fool people and hide.

I fully agree...

If that's the fairies a fairy garden attracts I'm off to the plant nursery :clap:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/19/2023 at 11:16 PM, papageorge1 said:

I would have once called this impossible, but I now am one that believes such etheric creatures like fae can temporarily pop into our world.

Playing as tricksters is one of their claimed calling cards.

Was there really a time when PapaG doubted things?  Asked obvious questions, challenged outrageous claims, looked for simple solutions to clearly un-supernatural (we might even call them natural?) incidents?

When did it start going wrong?  

Still, maybe you're right, and there are supernatural creatures who live in between universes (or dimensions/quantum fluctuations/any ol' pseudoscientific gibberish).  Like Bigfoots, UFO people, fairies, mermaids, honest politicians, unicorns, vampires, etc.  Who flit into 'our' world just to be badly photographed, probe some American butts or (apparently) move shoes a little bit.

I wonder what they get up to the rest of their lives?  When do they eat? and what?  Do they poop?  Have sex?  Are they actually just like us or other animals, except for the brief moments they spend visiting our (really, really dull) dimensions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Was there really a time when PapaG doubted things?  Asked obvious questions, challenged outrageous claims, looked for simple solutions to clearly un-supernatural (we might even call them natural?) incidents?

When did it start going wrong?  

Still, maybe you're right, and there are supernatural creatures who live in between universes (or dimensions/quantum fluctuations/any ol' pseudoscientific gibberish).  Like Bigfoots, UFO people, fairies, mermaids, honest politicians, unicorns, vampires, etc.  Who flit into 'our' world just to be badly photographed, probe some American butts or (apparently) move shoes a little bit.

I wonder what they get up to the rest of their lives?  When do they eat? and what?  Do they poop?  Have sex?  Are they actually just like us or other animals, except for the brief moments they spend visiting our (really, really dull) dimensions?

I do now believe we are in a very deep multi-dimensional universe and our physical senses and instruments only tell us about our three-dimensional surface physical reality. Too much so-called paranormal/supernatural things have happened to people (IMO) that I believe cannot be explained away as surface physical reality phenomena causing me to take my position. And when I question how this can happen rabbit holes seem to lead to rabbit holes to.....

We each should choose our worldview being honest with ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/22/2023 at 3:32 AM, openozy said:

That is poltergeist activity, the garden is just symbolic but the intention to attract something paranormal is why this is happening. you have opened a door.

i recall a case claimed to be spookies and a non biased ghost hunter busted them putting stuff on a fan so it would fly off, so its been proven hoaxed its yet to be proven ghosts.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i recall a case claimed to be spookies and a non biased ghost hunter busted them putting stuff on a fan so it would fly off, so its been proven hoaxed its yet to be proven ghosts.

We used to put the teacher's board dusters on the fan at school, it was spooky waiting to get the cane off the principle, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I was watching a video about fairies. Very interesting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flying squid said:

I know @pellinore The Cottingley Fairies were fake. I just joked.

I should have put :D emoji along with mine post.

I know you were. I was going to post them and claim they were unverified but you beat me to it! It's an interesting story though, isn't it?

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I know you were. I was going to post them and claim they were unverified but you beat me to it! It's an interesting story though, isn't it?

What i find the most fun about that hoax is the full story really isnt told, still missing pieces a while back i went hunting all i could of course i knew it was a hoax we know the book the girls were traced from, but the stories of the alleged camera,  dad had a super rare at the time darkroom,  the 1st unedited pic was horrible a photo expect found the orginal in an England museum he explained all the at the time enhancing and editing that had to go on, no one admits to that, was it dad, Elsie who had training or Edward Gardner trying to sell it to Doyle and make money,

Then we have pic 5 which does look fake and does have all the attributes of a double exposure, this would be why maybe Frances insisted it was a real fairy but still that would mean the ones perpetrating it just didnt clue her in. Im not sure how this case got started but i believe it most certainly turned into both an attention and money grab. And maybe that embarrassed the girls even more that duping Doyle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

What i find the most fun about that hoax is the full story really isnt told, still missing pieces a while back i went hunting all i could of course i knew it was a hoax we know the book the girls were traced from, but the stories of the alleged camera,  dad had a super rare at the time darkroom,  the 1st unedited pic was horrible a photo expect found the orginal in an England museum he explained all the at the time enhancing and editing that had to go on, no one admits to that, was it dad, Elsie who had training or Edward Gardner trying to sell it to Doyle and make money,

Then we have pic 5 which does look fake and does have all the attributes of a double exposure, this would be why maybe Frances insisted it was a real fairy but still that would mean the ones perpetrating it just didnt clue her in. Im not sure how this case got started but i believe it most certainly turned into both an attention and money grab. And maybe that embarrassed the girls even more that duping Doyle.

I believe belief in spirituality and the supernatural had a boost during and after WW1 because of all the deaths. People wanted to believe in such things. It is said Arthur Conan Doyle was partly persuaded because of his son's death. Being young girls, it must have been almost impossible to back out of their story once it gained such huge and eminent publicity. I bet they had fun though!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I believe belief in spirituality and the supernatural had a boost during and after WW1 because of all the deaths. People wanted to believe in such things. It is said Arthur Conan Doyle was partly persuaded because of his son's death. Being young girls, it must have been almost impossible to back out of their story once it gained such huge and eminent publicity. I bet they had fun though!

Very much so,

What i lean to is dad a photo hobbiest and Gardner were the guys behind the curtain the girls were just the flash, you know two sweet innocent kids would never trick you...wrong!

In fact im not even 100% sold the back story is true that the girls did it on their own i wouldnt be surprized if dad didnt push or plant the seed.

Someone edited the 1st crappy pic that step isnt ever much talked about.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Very much so,

What i lean to is dad a photo hobbiest and Gardner were the guys behind the curtain the girls were just the flash, you know two sweet innocent kids would never trick you...wrong!

In fact im not even 100% sold the back story is true that the girls didnt it on their own i wouldnt be surprized if dad didnt push or plant the seed.

Someone edited the 1st crappy pic that step isnt ever much talked about.

Interesting! And very plausible.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:43 PM, cgerke said:

Thanks and I do understand that everyone of all ages perceives things differently. I do believe it is possible that the fae can and do sometimes pass through our plane.

Well, if you can believe William Michael Mott, author and artist, who has researched such things meticulously, there is more to this world than most of us want to admit. If you have the time and money, I would strongly recommend his book "Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures", but I warn you, it's a book about Demonology. However, it's written from a Christian perspective. Hope this helps...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Well, if you can believe William Michael Mott, author and artist, who has researched such things meticulously, there is more to this world than most of us want to admit. If you have the time and money, I would strongly recommend his book "Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures", but I warn you, it's a book about Demonology. However, it's written from a Christian perspective. Hope this helps...

This is what I like about UM! There is often a rabbit hole for me to explore. I hadn't heard of this chap before now, thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, cgerke said:

My son is not one that makes up stuff like this. But since we placed a fairy garden on our porch we have begun to have unexplained activity in the house. Pair of shoes sitting on top of the ceiling fan glasses flying off a table.

My son and other family members are starting to see the fae more.

Did the Fairy Garden really attract them or something else?

Shoes on top of the ceiling fan means an adult is screwing with you. 

fairies only do pixie dust and stuff.

Everyone in East Texas knows that they put something in the water in Gladewater...just sayin'

It might be a djinn

These fairies show up less and less.

I wonder why....

fairy_and_the_frog_by_yomerome_d2v4aku-f

• Haha 1