Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wife shoots terminally ill husband at Daytona Beach hospital, barricades herself in room, police say

Grim Reaper 6

Florida police were in a standoff Saturday trying to get a woman to surrender after she allegedly shot her terminally ill husband at a Daytona Beach hospital and then barricaded herself in his room. 

Staff and patients in surrounding rooms were evacuated. People are asked to avoid the area.

"At this time, the female is not seen as a threat to staff or patients," police said. "No one else has been injured."

Police said they are negotiating with the woman "to get her to surrender and come out of the hospital." Authorities have not said what condition the husband is in.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates: Wife shoots terminally ill husband at Daytona Beach hospital, barricades herself in room, police say (msn.com)

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Assisted Dying, USAian style. 

I am all for it, I hope they don't charge her. With my illness, if it becomes uncontrollably and it could, I am going to do the same thing. To me it's no different than estate planning, but I would never put my poor wife in a position like that. If that is why she shot him she is great loving wife and deserves no punishment at all!!!!!!:tu:

Happy Lunar New Year! :tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1