Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We could be the last humans to see the green comet passing Earth since the Ice Age

Grim Reaper 6

We could be the last humans to ever see the green comet hurtling past Earth from the outer reaches of the solar system in late January and early February.C/2022 E3 (ZTF), or Comet ZTF for short — the name astronomers gave this space snowball after the Zwicky Transient Facility discovered it in March — hasn't been in our cosmic neighborhood since the last Ice Age.

Researchers calculated that the icy ball of gas, dust, and rock orbits the sun roughly ever 50,000 years, which means that Neanderthals were still walking the Earth and humans had just migrated out of Africa for the first time when the comet last whizzed by. Comet ZTF will pass about 26 million miles from Earth — the closest it will get — on February 2. That's nearly 109 times the average distance of the moon, but the comet is burning so bright that it could still be visible in the night sky.

We could be the last humans to see the green comet passing Earth for the first time since the Ice Age. Here's how, where, and when to watch it. (msn.com)

image.jpeg.2f4e1ff759b53fb14267b1d91c338db2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:23 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

image.jpeg.2f4e1ff759b53fb14267b1d91c338db2.jpeg

The Comet was laden with warp stone.  The Blood Angels were forced to issue the order for Exterminatus.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

The Comet was laden with warp stone.  The Blood Angels were forced to issue the order for Exterminatus.

Over here in Korea I live on the side of Mountain on the 17th floor, on February 2, 2023, I will be on the Balcony watching for it!

• Like 4

On 1/23/2023 at 6:37 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Over here in Korea I live on the side of Mountain on the 17th floor, on February 2, 2023, I will be on the Balcony watching for it!

To the Lenape Elaanituu, the Comet was the spirit of war dragging his trophy heads behind him.

On a side note the Coastal Algonquians were head hunters before the Europeans showed scalping was easier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

To the Lenape Elaanituu, the Comet was the spirit of war dragging his trophy heads behind him.

On a side note the Coastal Algonquians were head hunters before the Europeans showed scalping was easier.

Thanks man, that’s some great information thanks sharing Piney,

• Like 2

Don't expect to see any colour unless taking photo's, the coma will look like a ball of cotton wool or very small cloud in binoculars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been watching closely. I am going on a special trip soon to see the comet. Comet gazing shenanigans. I've been under near perpetual cloud cover where I'm at but have made arrangements.

• Like 2

Green comet captured from back garden

A stargazer has captured the moment a newly discovered green comet began to make its closest approach to Earth.

George Chan photographed comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) from his back garden in Bramcote, Nottinghamshire.

The object originates in the Oort cloud, a collection of icy bodies at the edge of the solar system, and its journey to our planet took about 50,000 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-nottinghamshire-64499694

00:29 Video

• Like 4

• The title was changed to We could be the last humans to see the green comet passing Earth since the Ice Age
On 1/26/2023 at 2:17 AM, Piney said:

Europeans showed scalping was easier.

You know  "innovation in extermination"  used to be our motto.

• Thanks 1