Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness Monster is not a giant eel, mathematician claims

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Loch Ness Monster is not a giant eel, mathematician claims

Floating logs

Waves

Seals

Sturgeons

Mystery solved.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

"Loch Ness Monster is not a giant eel, mathematician claims"

Thank God for that.

I still would like for him to show his work.:P

I would also suspect that the Loch Ness monster is not  an aquatic elephant, although it would explain the hump, and the trunk could be mistaken for a neck..  If we have to do this by the process of elimination, we will be at it a long time.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2023 at 9:23 PM, Tatetopa said:

I would also suspect that the Loch Ness monster is not  an aquatic elephant, although it would explain the hump, and the trunk could be mistaken for a neck..  If we have to do this by the process of elimination, we will be at it a long time.

You never know...

pmCOMPnessie.jpg?w=1125

OIP.sCXPbsE-PeS-rIQyyfPLrgHaLW?pid=ImgDe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, MysteryMike said:

Floating logs

Waves

Seals

Sturgeons

Mystery solved.

And other stuff, but not a monster in the way some want to claim.

When i was a kid in orlando the old fishermen told me lots of tales they said catfish could get bigger than me and over 100pounds in the lake we hung at, it was almost 1 mile excatly around like adare,

So i asked how do i catch one, i end up with an old surf fishing rig, wire leader and a big chunk of scrap meat from the butcher, i cast it out there like that day after day and nothing.

One day i cast it out and something grabbed it, the line is running off that old big salt water reel, i put on the drag and something is hooked, its heavy and for a kid who best catch up til then was a big bluegill or mud cat im very excited, the old guys are coaching me how to reel it in, turned out it was no fish it was a huge alligator snapping turtle.

Its in the water about 18in deep about 6 ft from land and rather than try to get away it charges us runs up after us, so here are 5 old men and a scared kid running into each other and in all directions, away from an angry turtle i hear a bang one of the guys who went by admiral shot it in the head with the little gun he always had, it still moved around a while, another fisherman came to see what the ruckus was and wanted the turtle for stew, he took it.

I went back to fishing for panfish.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 5:10 AM, MysteryMike said:

Floating logs

Waves

Seals

Sturgeons

Mystery solved.

Separately, in various combinations or all together at once?

• Haha 1

Ridiculous headlines, and conclusion from the data which the author analyzed with the fervor of a 4th grader.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/01/23/10/66864503-11665753-image-a-28_1674468663184.jpg

Anguilla anguilla doesn't get 20ft long...so we need a distribution to show that the likelihood one would get to be 20ft is zero?  Who said Nessie was Anguilla anguilla?  This guy has a PhD.  Someone find the pub this guy is at at knock the pint out of his hand.  Whatever is in Loch Ness, I hope it remains unknown and is spared humanity's collective idiocy.

• Like 1