Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another mass shooting today in California

susieice

What is going on out there? This suspect is a 67 yr old man who is in custody. It occurred at two different business in Half Moon Bay. There are 7 dead and one wounded in the hospital.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/half-moon-bay-mass-shooting-suspect-in-custody-cabrillo-highway-san-mateo-road/

San Mateo County Sheriff's deputies were dispatched at 2:22 p.m. to the Magic Mushroom Farm at 12761 San Mateo Road/Highway 92 in unincorporated San Mateo County on a report of a shooting with multiple victims.

Upon arrival, deputies located four victims deceased with gunshot wounds. A fifth victim, also suffering from gunshot wounds, was transported to Stanford Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.  

Deputies then raced to second shooting scene -- this one at a mushroom farm located at 2125 Cabrillo Highway S./Highway 1. Three other deceased victims were found there a short time later, the sheriff's office said. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

What is going on out there?

It's really bizarre. The last shooter was Asian too. It's as if it was a psychotic sickness spreading among senior Asian men. :( This is horrifying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The spirit of the Man of Lawlessness a.k.a. the Man of Sin may be pursuing a kind of mass possession to cause chaos, ahead of the 2024 elections.

I’ve said before here, this kind of help is Trump’s only chance, really, and the motive for this chaos, is easy to foresee, rather than up close in history.

Pray that I am wrong….

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The spirit of the Man of Lawlessness a.k.a. the Man of Sin may be pursuing a kind of mass possession to cause chaos, ahead of the 2024 elections.

I’ve said before here, this kind of help is Trump’s only chance, really, and the motive for this chaos, is easy to foresee, rather than up close in history.

Pray that I am wrong….

Tell me, RW... IF it turns out that Trump gets re-elected, what do you believe the consequences would be?  It's a serious question.  I'm genuinely curious about this bizarre fascination you have about the guy.  Do you honestly believe Trump is THE anti-Christ?  I mean, REALLY?  

If you do then you probably should be able to point to SPECIFIC actions he has taken that support your belief.  So far, I see absolutely nothing that dovetails with scripture.  Your allusion to "mass possession" could just as easily be explained by half or more of the U.S. being so thoroughly disgusted with the current administration that they elect him again just to hope for economic success like he brought before.  Of course, at that point you'll pop up and say "look! I predicted he'd possess the masses".  

The AC is supposed to be worshipped by most of the world.  Considering how uniformly hated Trump is, how on earth can you posit that he will be worshipped?

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

It's really bizarre. The last shooter was Asian too. It's as if it was a psychotic sickness spreading among senior Asian men. :( This is horrifying.

Until some further data, one might wonder if this time of year, Lunar New Year, a time of family, joy, and hope  might also bring to some the sharp pains of  broken family or bad job to the forefront as well. There is a very large Asian community in this area of California.   Does the calendar holiday have anything to do with the timing?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Until some further data, one might wonder if this time of year, Lunar New Year, a time of family, joy, and hope  might also bring to some the sharp pains of  broken family or bad job to the forefront as well. There is a very large Asian community in this area of California.   Does the calendar holiday have anything to do with the timing?

That is something to consider in this case. I think what throws my mind off is the fact that both of these men were in their senior years, and they both do not fit the age profile of most mass shooters. It's really strange and unusual.

• Like 4

It must be quite exciting living in the US. When a family goes off to school and work in the morning, you never can be sure how many of you will make it back home that evening.

Just a few days into 2023, a man in Utah fatally shot his five children, his mother-in-law, and his wife and then turned the gun on himself.

And while US cable news networks were still reporting on the aftermath of the Monterey Park shooting on Monday, they had to cut away to a new mass killing, this time at a school for at-risk young people in Des Moines, Iowa. Two students were killed and a teacher was injured.

Later that day, seven people were killed in northern California in an agricultural region on the outskirts of Half Moon Bay, a coastal community about 30 miles south of San Francisco. It was the most recent mass shooting – the 38th – for just a few hours, before two people were killed and three injured in Chicago.

‘Tragedy upon tragedy’: why 39 US mass shootings already this year is just the start | US gun control | The Guardian

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, susieice said:

What is going on out there? This suspect is a 67 yr old man who is in custody. It occurred at two different business in Half Moon Bay. There are 7 dead and one wounded in the hospital.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/half-moon-bay-mass-shooting-suspect-in-custody-cabrillo-highway-san-mateo-road/

San Mateo County Sheriff's deputies were dispatched at 2:22 p.m. to the Magic Mushroom Farm at 12761 San Mateo Road/Highway 92 in unincorporated San Mateo County on a report of a shooting with multiple victims.

Upon arrival, deputies located four victims deceased with gunshot wounds. A fifth victim, also suffering from gunshot wounds, was transported to Stanford Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.  

Deputies then raced to second shooting scene -- this one at a mushroom farm located at 2125 Cabrillo Highway S./Highway 1. Three other deceased victims were found there a short time later, the sheriff's office said. 

"out there"? It's the US. This is what we have agreed upon as acceptable so that people can believe that they're "tough".

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

It must be quite exciting living in the US. When a family goes off to school and work in the morning, you never can be sure how many of you will make it back home that evening.

Just a few days into 2023, a man in Utah fatally shot his five children, his mother-in-law, and his wife and then turned the gun on himself.

And while US cable news networks were still reporting on the aftermath of the Monterey Park shooting on Monday, they had to cut away to a new mass killing, this time at a school for at-risk young people in Des Moines, Iowa. Two students were killed and a teacher was injured.

Later that day, seven people were killed in northern California in an agricultural region on the outskirts of Half Moon Bay, a coastal community about 30 miles south of San Francisco. It was the most recent mass shooting – the 38th – for just a few hours, before two people were killed and three injured in Chicago.

‘Tragedy upon tragedy’: why 39 US mass shootings already this year is just the start | US gun control | The Guardian

My 7 year old daughter goes off to school every day and I wonder frequently "is today going to be the day....all hail the land of the "free"....

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Katniss said:

That is something to consider in this case. I think what throws my mind off is the fact that both of these men were in their senior years, and they both do not fit the age profile of most mass shooters. It's really strange and unusual.

It is really strange.  I hope some in the health care community are able to get some background data and maybe interview a lot of elderly Asians to find some pattern or indicators.  Few things humans do are random, usually there is a reason that makes sense at least to the perpetrator.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It is really strange.  I hope some in the health care community are able to get some background data and maybe interview a lot of elderly Asians to find some pattern or indicators.  Few things humans do are random, usually there is a reason that makes sense at least to the perpetrator.

The shooter in Monterey Bay had been to the police station twice in the weeks before the shooting talking about how his family was trying to kill him. Police think there may be a domestic connection there. I heard something about he may have been looking for an ex-wife.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

"out there"? It's the US. This is what we have agreed upon as acceptable so that people can believe that they're "tough".

It is more of a case of people can protect themselves and their families.  

• Haha 3

And when did I say that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My 7 year old daughter goes off to school every day and I wonder frequently "is today going to be the day....all hail the land of the "free"....

****. As a parent I can immagine your fear and it hurts. It's like a war over there in USA. Wish you all the best. Not much more I can say, but we all know what needs to be done to calm your fears. Unfortunately the arms big business and fake 2A will never allow it.

Edited by odas
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, odas said:

****. As a parent I can immagine your fear and it hurts. It's like a war over there in USA. Wish you all the best. Not much more I can say, but we all know what needs to be done to calm your fears. Unfortunately the arms big business and fake 2A will never allow it.

It is like a war in some places.   Criminals are killing people every day.   If you live in many areas, you have to have a gun to protect your home from criminals.  

14 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Pray that I am wrong….

Asian fellas shooting other Asians is all Trump’s fault!?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

It is more of a case of people can protect themselves and their families.  

Hi Myles

Pretty sure that was why most of them bought guns in the first place and something changed in them or their lives.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Myles said:

It is like a war in some places.   Criminals are killing people every day.   If you live in many areas, you have to have a gun to protect your home from criminals.  

Hi Myles

So far this year none of the killers were known by police with criminal records just like many other killers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, susieice said:

Right here???

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

So far this year none of the killers were known by police with criminal records just like many other killers.

which is why NO ONE SHOULD HAVE GUNS!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

I don't think it is like a war.  Yes, bad people run around hurting others, but I have seen news stories about the same kinds of things in Germany, in the UK etc.   Probably goes on in Canada as well, but no one pays attention to Canada.  

Mental Health care is lacking in the U.S. and this type of news story is a symptom of that, people who need help not getting it and acting out.   It is a big deal, but it is not unique to the U.S.   

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think it is like a war.  Yes, bad people run around hurting others, but I have seen news stories about the same kinds of things in Germany, in the UK etc.   Probably goes on in Canada as well, but no one pays attention to Canada.

:passifier:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1