Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another mass shooting today in California

susieice

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

:passifier:

Except Canadians of course, but on this forum it seems like you all pay more attention to our  news than your own.   You don't share your news stories, people from the UK do occassionaly if Trudeau sneezes or says something.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Except Canadians of course, but on this forum it seems like you all pay more attention to our  news than your own.   You don't share your news stories, people from the UK do occassionaly if Trudeau sneezes or says something.

Oh I totally agree with that. Rather than post a Canadian story ourselves we usually wait and see if anyone else is paying attention to us. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

So far this year none of the killers were known by police with criminal records just like many other killers.

You can only be found guilty of a crime in a court of law.  And you can't put dead people on trial.

Innocent until proven guilty.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Right here???

How did you form some kind of acceptance out of that? What I meant by out there is California. Do you comprehend now? No one else seems to have had the problem.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Katniss said:

It's really bizarre. The last shooter was Asian too. It's as if it was a psychotic sickness spreading among senior Asian men. :( This is horrifying.

Considering these men are Chinese and of the age where they were young men during the cold War against communism, has anyone considered the "sleeper cell" hypothesis? 

It does seem strange that they would target other Asian people only and not, say a power or water treatment plant if their goal was terrorism, but maybe the sleeper cell training didn't cover that back in the 70s or 80s?

Not saying I believe it, but if another one happens, I just might 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

Considering these men are Chinese and of the age where they were young men during the cold War against communism, has anyone considered the "sleeper cell" hypothesis? 

It does seem strange that they would target other Asian people only and not, say a power or water treatment plant if their goal was terrorism, but maybe the sleeper cell training didn't cover that back in the 70s or 80s?

Not saying I believe it, but if another one happens, I just might 

Did the news articles say they were Chinese?    Asian does not mean Chinese.

• Like 4

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Did the news articles say they were Chinese?    Asian does not mean Chinese.

I have read their names. They are Chinese names

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Wonder if any connection to the Lunar New Year..

The Japanese scatter dried beans to drive evil from the house. The Chinese eat long-life foods. The Balinese observe a day of silence. Thais splash water on one another. People in many parts of Asia, as well as elsewhere in the world, love to celebrate a holiday marking the start of a new year – a festival of putting aside the problems and disappointments of the past, of finding new hope, of beginning anew. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

That doesn't mean they are from China.   Their family could have been here since the chinese slaves were brought over to build the railroads.   They are in California, so they are U.S. citizens like you and maybe their families have been here longer than yours.  Assuming they are from China is as stupid as assuming someone in Texas named Cortez is from Mexico.

P.S.  So you are from New Zealand, pardon me for assuming you are in the U.S.   So you have asian immigrants there too, are they all Chinese?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That doesn't mean they are from China.   Their family could have been here since the chinese slaves were brought over to build the railroads.   They are in California, so they are U.S. citizens like you and maybe their families have been here longer than yours.  Assuming they are from China is as stupid as assuming someone in Texas named Cortez is from Mexico.

According to his marriage licence Huu Can Tran is an immigrant from China.

According to Knob's posts he is in New Zealand.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Wonder if any connection to the Lunar ......new year – a festival of putting aside the problems and disappointments of the past, of finding new hope, of beginning anew. 

Its seems counter to your bolded section to start shooting up people.

Unless they wanted to "begin anew" while in prison

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

P.S.  So you are from New Zealand, pardon me for assuming you are in the U.S.   So you have asian immigrants there too, are they all Chinese?

What are you accusing me of? Racism because I know what names are Chinese and what names are Korean, Japanese, Filipino, etc?

That's the opposite of racism. I can tell Asian people apart very well from just their appearance and names. In fact,  I have 2 half Asian children.

The fact you can't tells me you don't have any Asian friends or you haven't hung out with a variety of Asian races. They are very different, much like a Russian is different from a Scotsman, and they can be told apart from their names and sometimes appearance 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

What are you accusing me of? Racism because I know what names are Chinese and what names are Korean, Japanese, Filipino, etc?

That's the opposite of racism. I can tell Asian people apart very well from just their appearance and names. In fact,  I have 2 half Asian children.

The fact you can't tells me you don't have any Asian friends or you haven't hung out with a variety of Asian races. They are very different, much like a Russian is different from a Scotsman, and they can be told apart from their names and sometimes appearance 

Accusing you of assuming someone with a chinese name is not a U.S. citizen.   Your comment about the cold war was an assumption of who the person was.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Accusing you of assuming someone with a chinese name is not a U.S. citizen.   Your comment about the cold war was an assumption of who the person was.

And you assumed they were the decendents of railroad slaves.

Notice my assumption was right and yours was wrong?

Its all good. I forgive you, no need to apologize for your incorrect assumptions.

Back to my point, has there ever been a mass shooter who was an elderly Chinese man? Now we are having more than 1 in the course of a week, appearing to target ethnic Chinese people. Perhaps if the "sleeper cell" idea is correct, it is to inflict terror onto the Chinese population of america? 

4 hours ago, Myles said:

It is more of a case of people can protect themselves and their families.  

Protect themselves against what?

28 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Protect themselves against what?

All the armed bears thw 2nd Amendment created…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If only you could give them paws for thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

To stop all this senseless gun crime, there needs to be a shake up.

Schools, school buses, hospitals, and public transport should have gun turrets for self defence. Similarly with civic building and banks. Automatic, high powered machine guns with laser sights and programmed to fire whenever a target is considered dangerous, like someone with a funny expression, looks ethnic, or looks funny, approaches.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for a good guy with a gun to shoot him or her first. Before he realises he is a target. Or realises he is a bad guy.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, pellinore said:

To stop all this senseless gun crime, there needs to be a shake up.

Schools, school buses, hospitals, and public transport should have gun turrets for self defence. Similarly with civic building and banks. Automatic, high powered machine guns with laser sights and programmed to fire whenever a target is considered dangerous, like someone with a funny expression, looks ethnic, or looks funny, approaches.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is for a good guy with a gun to shoot him or her first. Before he realises he is a target. Or realises he is a bad guy.

Liberty or death. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Chinky chongs are all the same, don't waste your time arguing.

25 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If only you could give them paws for thought.

It’s certsinly a hairy situation….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

With a grizzly outlook.

The Yanks are certsinly caught in the jaws of a dilemma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Chinky chongs are all the same, don't waste your time arguing.

Except for the funky China men from funky Chinatown 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The Yanks are certsinly caught in the jaws of a dilemma.

No wonder its so polar icing

:hmm:

• Haha 1