Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US spy plane image of 'metallic UFO' over Iraq has been published


Recommended Posts

It has just been reported by the Mail today:

It is the first publicly revealed image from the US government's ongoing UFO investigation showing an unidentified craft over a conflict zone.

A UFO flying around where the US military is operating has sparked security and safety concerns at the Department of Defense, with military officials worried it could endanger pilots and ground troops. 

Image of 'UFO' flying over Iraq city is seen for the first time in classified briefing | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A single cropped image of something. That is all it is. Why not post the supposed video?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

A single cropped image of something. That is all it is. Why not post the supposed video?

It says it was classified. Perhaps it still is. What impresses me about military UFO sightings is that the military have more information than civilians- they can discount things they are doing themselves which can confuse civilians. Also they have both the motivation to investigate UFOs and the means to investigate them more thoroughly. If the military say they are unexplained they are- they will already have gone through the weather balloon, etc, explanations.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly like the one russia claimed to have shot down and same as the tic tac ufo's

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sojo said:

Wow, I have seen an object that looks exactly like the one in the photograph. I haven't menioned it to too many folks since I couldn't explain how it could be possible for it to be a metallic orb and travelling through the air as it did.

 

Me too. I estimated mine to be about the size of a mini-van.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

A single cropped image of something. That is all it is. Why not post the supposed video?

Why do people assume the purpose of every disclosure is to convince people who already have thier minds made of about parts of reality they are in denial of?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see that video too. This one has my curiosity piqued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Google Wi-fi balloon.

Silver balloon - All the Wi-Fi balloons Google tested - CNNMoney

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Balloon. That pic by Hammer is a Google balloon.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No question about it.

 

Zebra3 """"   Balloon. "

1 minute ago, Zebra3 said:

Balloon.

8 )

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"if" it is an actual object it appears to be a close to street level.  So who else saw it?   Oh, wait, it was one the Nibblers who are invisble to human eyes ....

In any case there is no more evidence that this is an alien spacecraft than there is that Joe Biden is my grand-daughter born in Croydon in 2017.and the actual artist who painted the Mona Lisa.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pellinore said:

It says it was classified. Perhaps it still is. What impresses me about military UFO sightings is that the military have more information than civilians- they can discount things they are doing themselves which can confuse civilians. Also they have both the motivation to investigate UFOs and the means to investigate them more thoroughly. If the military say they are unexplained they are- they will already have gone through the weather balloon, etc, explanations.

After looking at it again it looks like a blurry picture of a car with a sunroof. The metallic appearance coming from the glare of the glass off of the roof. Without more images or the video it could be anything and nothing at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sojo said:

Wow, I have seen an object that looks exactly like the one in the photograph. I haven't menioned it to too many folks since I couldn't explain how it could be possible for it to be a metallic orb and travelling through the air as it did.

It  was at Chanute AFB, Illinois beside a town called Rantoul. I was stationed there as a technical training instructor and was at the base from 1984 to 1990.

That base was a training base and the runway was no longer an active runway. However, many Air Force technical training schools were located there at the time.

We lived in the base housing area. I believe it was a weekend since I had gone outside in the middle of the day and sat down on the front steps to the housing unit (as opposed to being at work). It was a warm day and there were a few white clouds here or there but it was mostly sunny with a blue sky.

As I sat there, I noticed a perfectly round metallic orb travelling a few hundred feet above the houses and tree tops. It moved in a perfectly smooth, straight, unwavering path over the housing area toward the gate that was located at the rear of the base.

It only took about 5 to 10 seconds for it to travel across the sky at its current altitude. I did not believe it to be a balloon since it was a perfect orb, metallic in appearance, and travelling without being buffeted whatsovever by the wind which I took note was blowing in a different direction than the object's path of travel.

I just sat there and wondered to myself, "What did I just see?".

Anyway, its good to see that more of these things have been seen by others, and I really didn't imagine what I saw.

Sojo

Added: Just a note to add that among the courses taught there was Inter-Continental Balistic Missile (ICBM) maintenance training. I only mention it because of how many sightings supposedly have been associated with bases having to do with nuclear defense. But I don't know of any actual nuclear materials being used in the maintenance training for the missiles.

Cool story. Any idea how big it was?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reaching the skeptics do in these threads is amazing. All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do? But then fear causes people to reach for the most comforting conclusion to assuage that fear.

*copy pasted from another thread.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Google Wi-fi balloon.

Silver balloon - All the Wi-Fi balloons Google tested - CNNMoney

Source? Any pictures of this “balloon” in actual use instead of dangling by a string in a room?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Nicolette said:

Why do people assume the purpose of every disclosure is to convince people who already have thier minds made of about parts of reality they are in denial of?

You need to look up what "disclosure" means this threads picture doesnt disclose anything.

Then you need to word your opinions disparaging those who have a differing opinion to yours in a more intelligible way.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Sojo said:

Wow, I have seen an object that looks exactly like the one in the photograph. I haven't menioned it to too many folks since I couldn't explain how it could be possible for it to be a metallic orb and travelling through the air as it did.

It  was at Chanute AFB, Illinois beside a town called Rantoul. I was stationed there as a technical training instructor and was at the base from 1984 to 1990.

That base was a training base and the runway was no longer an active runway. However, many Air Force technical training schools were located there at the time.

We lived in the base housing area. I believe it was a weekend since I had gone outside in the middle of the day and sat down on the front steps to the housing unit (as opposed to being at work). It was a warm day and there were a few white clouds here or there but it was mostly sunny with a blue sky.

As I sat there, I noticed a perfectly round metallic orb travelling a few hundred feet above the houses and tree tops. It moved in a perfectly smooth, straight, unwavering path over the housing area toward the gate that was located at the rear of the base.

It only took about 5 to 10 seconds for it to travel across the sky at its current altitude. I did not believe it to be a balloon since it was a perfect orb, metallic in appearance, and travelling without being buffeted whatsovever by the wind which I took note was blowing in a different direction than the object's path of travel.

I just sat there and wondered to myself, "What did I just see?".

Anyway, its good to see that more of these things have been seen by others, and I really didn't imagine what I saw.

Sojo

Added: Just a note to add that among the courses taught there was Inter-Continental Balistic Missile (ICBM) maintenance training. I only mention it because of how many sightings supposedly have been associated with bases having to do with nuclear defense. But I don't know of any actual nuclear materials being used in the maintenance training for the missiles.

Its a shame all you have is a story.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The reaching the skeptics do in these threads is amazing. All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do? But then fear causes people to reach for the most comforting conclusion to assuage that fear.

*copy pasted from another thread.

Huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The shadowing and position of the glare matches across the scene.  However the resoltuion does not, the object and possibly a little of the surrounding pixels around it are blurred.

That suggests:

- it's out of focus, possibly a ball bearing rolling about on a glass surface close to the camera lens, or perhaps a weather balloon up high.. OR

- the MIB have deliberately blurred a car that belongs to a highly ranked politician who shouldna been there... OR

- it's an alien craft with a super ginormous quantum force field!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I have a theory about which of those three to take seriously.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

The shadowing and position of the glare matches across the scene.  However the resoltuion does not, the object and possibly a little of the surrounding pixels around it are blurred.

That suggests:

- it's out of focus, possibly a ball bearing rolling about on a glass surface close to the camera lens, or perhaps a weather balloon up high.. OR

- the MIB have deliberately blurred a car that belongs to a highly ranked politician who shouldna been there... OR

- it's an alien craft with a super ginormous quantum force field!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I have a theory about which of those three to take seriously.

I didnt look too long but noticed that the one and only George Knapp and his cohort Jeremy Corbell were involved in this case. Hum, it must be aliens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Cool story. Any idea how big it was?

Hi Hankenhunter, good point.

At the altitude it was travelling (I would guess about150 - 200 feet), and it being a distance of about 300 - 400 feet from me in the air, I would estimate the size of the object to be 2- 3 feet in diameter.

It was not a really large object. I just couldn't understand how it could be doing what it was doing.

Sojo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Its a shame all you have is a story.

Yeah, another reason I haven't said much to anyone. It was in the days before cell phones and folks didn't really carry cameras around all the time.

Besides, I'm not sure I would've had enought time to get it out and get the picture. And it evidently wouldn't have made much difference to a lot of folks, It still wouldn't mean anything to them.

Anecdotal "evidence" just doesn't carry the same weight. However, having said that, I do believe that if there is enough anecdotal information from enough people, then it shouldn't be dismissed since all of them likely are not just making up what they saw.

Sojo

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.