Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US spy plane image of 'metallic UFO' over Iraq has been published

UM-Bot

27 minutes ago, Sojo said:

Yeah, another reason I haven't said much to anyone. It was in the days before cell phones and folks didn't really carry cameras around all the time.

Besides, I'm not sure I would've had enought time to get it out and get the picture. And it evidently wouldn't have made much difference to a lot of folks, It still wouldn't mean anything to them.

Anecdotal "evidence" just doesn't carry the same weight. However, having said that, I do believe that if there is enough anecdotal information from enough people, then it shouldn't be dismissed since all of them likely are not just making up what they saw.

Sojo

Sadly in a way the fact we do have so much anecdotal evidence "stories" of things like bigfoot, ghosts, aliens, special powers etc that the total lack of actual supportive evidence to me points to things not paranormal but not what witnesses are claiming either because we should have evidence and dont.

Lets take your story, its an AFB You see something out of the ordinary  float over this base low level, did you report it? Did you do any follow up research, did others report it ? seems unlikely you couldnt have been the sole witness. Also i find the picture in this thread horrible yet you say its "exactly" what you saw. And gauging size without anything to use as scale is only guessing, tests have proven time and again people almost always gauge things far larger than they really are.

I dont think "making it up" is the 1st explanation i think people see stuff they dont know what it really is and they jump to conclusions and a person simply cant go from "i dont know" to "so it must be _________ ( fill in something paranormal ) "yet people do make that jump, we have to rule out things like unknown to the witness , hoax, misidentified, and then way down the list hallucination, delusion, even mental illness.

I will share a story, i was about 13 and we were staying over at daytona beach, at nite its fairly dead and i was out playing with a kite it was around 930, i see in the air a ways down the coast what looks like an object like a typical flying saucer heading my way it has spinning lights around it as it gets closer i get scared i dont see any people near, i drop my kite and think to run here is a craft with lights spinning around it , i think to run but i dont i just drop down and its almost over me.

Now if i had ran and hid all i would have is an extraordinary story i might still think i saw an alien ship , but i didnt run and as the object got overhead the lights under the wings scrolled something like "ladies nite at sharkys" it was an advertising plane like pull banners during the day,

My point is we all see things that might not really be what we perceive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sojo said:

Yeah, another reason I haven't said much to anyone. It was in the days before cell phones and folks didn't really carry cameras around all the time.

Besides, I'm not sure I would've had enought time to get it out and get the picture. And it evidently wouldn't have made much difference to a lot of folks, It still wouldn't mean anything to them.

Anecdotal "evidence" just doesn't carry the same weight. However, having said that, I do believe that if there is enough anecdotal information from enough people, then it shouldn't be dismissed since all of them likely are not just making up what they saw.

Sojo

2-3 feet in diameter sounds a lot smaller than mine. I could've had the best camera on the planet and wouldn't/couldn't have snagged it in time. You're mesmerized by what you're seeing and don't want to take your eyes off of it anyway. If I had tried to grab something, I would've missed it when it decided to move. I'd much rather have that experience than a picture, which as you said, doesn't matter.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

2-3 feet in diameter sounds a lot smaller than mine. I could've had the best camera on the planet and wouldn't/couldn't have snagged it in time. You're mesmerized by what you're seeing and don't want to take your eyes off of it anyway. If I had tried to grab something, I would've missed it when it decided to move. I'd much rather have that experience than a picture, which as you said, doesn't matter.

Only having just a story doesnt matter if the story teller is good that not everyone will believe a story at face value some witnesses take it as a deep insult not to be believed.

I am one who will both ask why no pictures and denounce pictures, i also ask questions when things dont add up to me, many stories share bits and pieces, for example stories where the alleged object is huge and flying over a shopping mall, park or highway etc and seen for minutes yet no one else in the area reported seeing it, that really is hard for me to swallow. Tales where a school class all see something yet the story is 2nd 3rd party and we are lucky to have even one witness who claims they were there, its a great story but not at all evidence.

People who will rave about just how deeply their alleged sighting effected them how meaningful it was yet they never did a bit of work to research it, collaborate it etc. that seems odd. For example if i saw an object float over low level that looked odd i would be right on the phone with the nearby airstrip.

The problems with pictures is most lack trail of evidence, provanance have zero for references and are blurry out of focus messes, yet i find it hard to take a bad picture even with my old crap note5,  however if a weird object is seen more than a few seconds i would expect a person to at least try to take a pic of it.

We have lots of little bats that come out near dark and fly around, there a story, i tried to take pics of them but they are little fast moving so black dots, the pics do not show thats a little bat. Now i see little bats flying around the next door church steeple and i take pics of the steeple and it had black dots, while i still didnt prove its little bats my pic supports my claim better than nothing.

If anyone runs across this four second video, post it or the link, please.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 1:11 AM, Hankenhunter said:

The reaching the skeptics do in these threads is amazing. All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do? But then fear causes people to reach for the most comforting conclusion to assuage that fear.

*copy pasted from another thread.

These topics are open to all opinions, one should expect to see opinions one doesn't like. So why are you moaning?
All you seem to do is moan about other opinions. (referring to this & closed thread)
You could start a thread topic of interest to you & state: 'skeptics need not reply' (or words to that effect).. I for one will not indulge out of respect.
You can then carry on in peace without having to defend your position against closed-minded unintelligent idiots who can't see the screen due to heads in sand all the time... 
it should be quite nice for you. I might have a read (not reply as stated) & hope to see you all having a wonderful & joyous time, no moaning needed.. i'll be soo happy for you

There ya go, a simple solution.

now toddle off & let's see what you come up with= or carry on whingeing, i don't care, your choice

• Thanks 1

I can't get the video to post but here's the link:

https://vigilantlinks.com/2023/01/the-empire-orb-spherical-shape-objects-appearing-everywhere-shorts-ufo-aliens/

Just found this now if anyone has some time to look in to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

I can't get the video to post but here's the link:

https://vigilantlinks.com/2023/01/the-empire-orb-spherical-shape-objects-appearing-everywhere-shorts-ufo-aliens/

Just found this now if anyone has some time to look in to it.

Very cool vid. I didn't know about it taking two missiles to bring it down. I wonder if Russia will admit it if they are ET craft. I doubt it as full disclosure would effectively end the war against Ukraine. Looking foreward to discussing this.

https://youtu.be/kiuTYprad5w

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dejarma said:

These topics are open to all opinions, one should expect to see opinions one doesn't like. So why are you moaning?
All you seem to do is moan about other opinions. (referring to this & closed thread)
You could start a thread topic of interest to you & state: 'skeptics need not reply' (or words to that effect).. I for one will not indulge out of respect.
You can then carry on in peace without having to defend your position against closed-minded unintelligent idiots who can't see the screen due to heads in sand all the time... 
it should be quite nice for you. I might have a read (not reply as stated) & hope to see you all having a wonderful & joyous time, no moaning needed.. i'll be soo happy for you

There ya go, a simple solution.

now toddle off & let's see what you come up with= or carry on whingeing, i don't care, your choice

You are gracious in defeat. Thank you for your kind words, and encouragement. Have a great day.:tu:

• Confused 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:08 PM, northwood said:

Reading the article after George Knapp came up in it I read the rest of article to myself in his voice so weird

So do you think hes on the up and up or just a reporter wanting to cha ching off the ufo=aliens clique?

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

So do you think hes on the up and up or just a reporter wanting to cha ching off the ufo=aliens clique?

George Knapp
American journalist

image.jpeg.8bd946c881101ae2d347be30725e575a.jpeg

Overview

Main Results

Description

Description

George T. Knapp is an American television investigative journalist, news anchor, and talk radio host. Knapp's earlier work has been recognized with Edward R. Murrow Awards, Peabody Awards, and 24 Pacific Southwest Regional Emmy Awards. Wikipedia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:
George Knapp
American journalist

image.jpeg.8bd946c881101ae2d347be30725e575a.jpeg

Overview

Main Results

Description

Description

George T. Knapp is an American television investigative journalist, news anchor, and talk radio host. Knapp's earlier work has been recognized with Edward R. Murrow Awards, Peabody Awards, and 24 Pacific Southwest Regional Emmy Awards. Wikipedia

I suppose at some point he might prove one of his claims ( paranormal, alien type ) but hes yet to do that just yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

I suppose at some point he might prove one of his claims ( paranormal, alien type ) but hes yet to do that just yet.

He's been at it for over 35 years with nothing to show for it. A complete hack that preys on the idiocy of the common person to believe these wheelbarrows of bullls*** he's constantly rolling out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

He's been at it for over 35 years with nothing to show for it. A complete hack that preys on the idiocy of the common person to believe these wheelbarrows of bullls*** he's constantly rolling out.

His awards say otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The awards weren't in connection to anything about aliens or extraterrestrial craft. Nice try though.

His lack of any substantiative evidence of anything in that (or any of the C2C bulls***) supports my statement. 

Edited by Trelane
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

The awards weren't in connection to anything about aliens or extraterrestrial craft. Nice try though.

His lack of any substantiative evidence of anything in that (or any of the C2C bulls***) supports my statement. 

So, he's a good journalist until he reports about UFO's? Your statement is illogical.

Nice try though. :P

10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

To be fair His awards are not for proving anything that i know of even his work trying to expose organized crime iirc he never actually proved anything there his work in "paranormal" no. He didnt prove anything he presented it like fluff claptrap more like a documentary which are not about facts but about $$$.

• Thanks 1