Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Classified documents found at Pence’s Indiana home


OverSword

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Documents with classified markings were found at former Vice President Mike Pence’s Indiana home last week, officials confirmed Tuesday.

Pence’s team notified the National Archives last Wednesday that a small number of documents were “inadvertently boxed and transported” to the former vice president’s home at the end of the last administration. Pence was “unaware of the existence of sensitive or classified documents at his personal residence,” his lawyer wrote to the Archives.

The findings at Pence’s residence come as President Biden faces mounting criticism, which had also come from Pence, over the discovery of classified materials at Biden’s old office at a Washington, D.C., think tank and at his Delaware home.

Greg Jacob, the attorney representing Pence, wrote to the Archives that Pence used outside counsel with experience handling classified documents to review records stored at his personal home after several classified documents were found at Biden’s home earlier this month.

Lawyers conducting the search found “a small number of documents that could potentially contain sensitive or classified information interspersed throughout the records.” 

 

Link

:lol:

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I wonder if the staffers for Bush, Clinton, and Obama are performing their own "Easter egg hunt" today.  :lol:  Garland looked like he was doing a hostage video when he announced the Special Counsel to look into Biden's "inadvertent error".  That SC, btw, locks the House out of searching for details by subpoena until the SC's job is finished.  Gee, I wonder how long the SC investigation will last?  :rolleyes:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right … so quel surprise … they all do it. 
What’s next? Weasel words to continue the Dementia Turnip condemnation or a quiet “anyway, moving …” to something else? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Better check out Jimmy Carter's garden shed.

DUDE thar’s why Carter is building all them houses! To hide the documents he stole under the foundations!

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Right … so quel surprise … they all do it. 
What’s next? Weasel words to continue the Dementia Turnip condemnation or a quiet “anyway, moving …” to something else? 

I heard one of the "ladies" on the political show THE VIEW, sum up her frustration in a particularly enjoyable way.  She said "Trump's the luckiest so and so in the world".  That indicates that even the red meat crowd understand that indicting Trump now would be a bit too hypocritical for voters to ignore.

I almost hope they do indict him for those TS/SCI docs so that SCOTUS can settle the dispute about classification authority for future presidents.  TMK there has never been a dispute about this power before now.  Trump and several real Constitutional scholars are saying he (a POTUS) has ultimate power to classify/declassify information as he chooses.  His opposition say a POTUS can only legally declassify IF the bureaucratic mechanisms are observed.  Effectively, they are arguing that the Chief Executive of America is subservient to a clerk.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, and-then said:

I heard one of the "ladies" on the political show THE VIEW, sum up her frustration in a particularly enjoyable way.  She said "Trump's the luckiest so and so in the world".  That indicates that even the red meat crowd understand that indicting Trump now would be a bit too hypocritical for voters to ignore.

I almost hope they do indict him for those TS/SCI docs so that SCOTUS can settle the dispute about classification authority for future presidents.  TMK there has never been a dispute about this power before now.  Trump and several real Constitutional scholars are saying he (a POTUS) has ultimate power to classify/declassify information as he chooses.  His opposition say a POTUS can only legally declassify IF the bureaucratic mechanisms are observed.  Effectively, they are arguing that the Chief Executive of America is subservient to a clerk.

Uhhh no.  POTUS has to go through the administrative process so all subordinates are aware of the classification of information and the appropriate way to handle it.

Speaking of hypocrites, I haven't heard you calling for Biden, to be sanctioned.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, and-then said:

I wonder if the staffers for Bush, Clinton, and Obama are performing their own "Easter egg hunt" today.  :lol:  Garland looked like he was doing a hostage video when he announced the Special Counsel to look into Biden's "inadvertent error".  That SC, btw, locks the House out of searching for details by subpoena until the SC's job is finished.  Gee, I wonder how long the SC investigation will last?  :rolleyes:

They should be doing checks in their garages and basements. Like I said, it doesn't matter what party or what year. They are all criminals who do not care about you or me.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, and-then said:

I wonder if the staffers for Bush, Clinton, and Obama are performing their own "Easter egg hunt" today.  :lol:  Garland looked like he was doing a hostage video when he announced the Special Counsel to look into Biden's "inadvertent error".  That SC, btw, locks the House out of searching for details by subpoena until the SC's job is finished.  Gee, I wonder how long the SC investigation will last?  :rolleyes:

Back in the day, didn't you argue that the Congress had no power to subpoena President Trump because he was in a co-equal branch of government?  The DOJ is part of the Executive Branch with powers laid out by the Constitution. They can decline a subpoena and let the third co-equal branch the Judiciary  decide.  Not to put too fine a point on it but Gym Jordan himself refused a Congressional subpoena, so they must not hold too much water.

But you don't really care for the rule of law or the Constitution do you?  You want what you want when you want it even if it contradicts what you wanted and professed was  Fundamental Truth last year. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This really isn't news.  I have seen guys find a classified map in their bag that they forgot to turn in six months after a deployment.  They take it to the S2 shop...and it's not an issue.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Pence’s team notified the National Archives last Wednesday that a small number of documents were “inadvertently boxed and transported” to the former vice president’s home at the end of the last administration

Seriously think that the way forward is for all of the boxes taken at the end of an administration to get sent directly to National Archives first, for filtering.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, raise your hand if you DON'T have classified documents at your house.

Edited by Shooter McGavin
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Okay, raise your hand if you DON'T have classified documents at your house.

I'd be surprised if there were any officials that are authorized to take documents home and read them that didn't have any at their home, or in their office.  Not all classified information is treated the same.  The great majority of documents classified Secret, you are allowed to have on your person.  You can carry them around, and you may be in possession of them for many days.  The Trump case has everyone thinking that anything labeled Secret can't leave a SCIF.  That's not the case.  The SCIF is designed to house and view the highest secrets of the country.  A map with target locations in a war zone is a classified document.  A private can carry that around for a year.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Okay, raise your hand if you DON'T have classified documents at your house.

Maybe I should have my wife doublecheck out in my workshop and the garden shed before I answer.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

They should be doing checks in their garages and basements. Like I said, it doesn't matter what party or what year. They are all criminals who do not care about you or me.

They likely are criminals but the authority of a POTUS to classify or declassify material has never been challenged, TMK.  Biden broke several laws by having TS/SCI documents outside the SCIF.  This should be a slam dunk case but somehow, I doubt the DOJ will pursue it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, and-then said:

heard one of the "ladies" on the political show THE VIEW, sum up her frustration in a particularly enjoyable way.  She said "Trump's the luckiest so and so in the world".  That indicates that even the red meat crowd understand that indicting Trump now would be a bit too hypocritical for voters to ignore.

Sad to hear you are on a level with the ladies of the View. Like them, you make the mistake of thinking it is about somebody you like or don't like.

It is about equal justice under the law.   

Biden's lawyers found the documents and turned them in.  Then Biden gave his approval for the FBI to search his office and home. 

Pence got proactive and his lawyers also found documents and turned them in immediately. Likely as not the FBI will search his house too with his full cooperation.

In neither case does it seem that the government was aware these were missing.  In the  Trump case, they knew they were missing and contacted the ex-president.

Donald Trump also had documents at his house.  

So all three had classified documents they were not supposed to have.  They should all get the same punishment for that.

Now Donald Trump did not respond to the Archives request, and after about 6 months they went for a visit.  They found some documents and asked for the rest.  More time went by and Trump did not respond. Then a subpoena was sent and more boxes came back and others were locked in a store room until they could be fetched.  I am sure you remember all of this.  Trump got his lawyers to swear that was all.  Then the FBI got a tip that documents were being moved out of the storage room, so they got a warrant, just over a year  after the Archives first asked for the documents to be returned.

Then Trump badmouthed the FBI, has issued insullts and innuendos  against the SC  AND his FAMILY and even claimed the  FBI planted the documents or that he declassified them or that they were his.  You seem to harp on the classification fact, but classified or not the information was sensitive and may have an impact on national security. Regardless of all of that the Archives said if he had returned everything after the subpoena, the matter would have been dropped.

The problem will not be having the documents in any of the three cases.  In the Trump case it will be willful retention and obstruction, some things neither Pence or Biden did.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, and-then said:

I heard one of the "ladies" on the political show THE VIEW, sum up her frustration in a particularly enjoyable way.  She said "Trump's the luckiest so and so in the world".  That indicates that even the red meat crowd understand that indicting Trump now would be a bit too hypocritical for voters to ignore.

There's still his obstruction of justice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Back in the day, didn't you argue that the Congress had no power to subpoena President Trump because he was in a co-equal branch of government?  The DOJ is part of the Executive Branch with powers laid out by the Constitution. They can decline a subpoena and let the third co-equal branch the Judiciary  decide.  Not to put too fine a point on it but Gym Jordan himself refused a Congressional subpoena, so they must not hold too much water.

But you don't really care for the rule of law or the Constitution do you?  You want what you want when you want it even if it contradicts what you wanted and professed was  Fundamental Truth last year. 

Seems like yesterday he placed his house on the line BOM will be convicted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, and-then said:

I wonder if the staffers for Bush, Clinton, and Obama are performing their own "Easter egg hunt" today.  :lol:  Garland looked like he was doing a hostage video when he announced the Special Counsel to look into Biden's "inadvertent error".  That SC, btw, locks the House out of searching for details by subpoena until the SC's job is finished.  Gee, I wonder how long the SC investigation will last?  :rolleyes:

Sadly I wouldn’t be surprised if every President may have had some classified documents mixed in with other documents and removed them accidentally.

However, that doesn’t give Trump a pass for the following reasons:

1.  Before Mar-A-Lago was Raided by the FBI, NARA sent investigators who were given access, but the documents were hidden and not found until the FBI Raid in an area previously searched by NARA.

2.  There were over 300 classified documents remove from Mar-A-Lago

3.  Trump intentionally hide classified material and lied about having any, dishonesty is certainly not the best policy.

Over 300 classified documents recovered from Trump's Florida home -NY Times: https://www.reuters.com/legal/over-300-classified-documents-recovered-trumps-florida-home-ny-times-2022-08-23/

The link below shows private emails starting in 2017 and ending with the FBI Raid which NARA requested. Also Homeland Security was also involved it also includes the report where Trump turned over 2 box’s of documents which also included Classified Documents. All the documents in the link are original digital copies.

Record's Released In Response to Presidential Records Act (PRA) questions under the Trump Administration records. https://www.archives.gov/foia/pra-trump-admin

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is all about the BOM subjects doing this...

f688a84db4fa2ca444f9a77c8f565105.jpg

Except everyone knows that looks silly.

while its apples and oranges its still fruit so the next move is for subjects to cry whatabout biden etc. Ive seen a lot of people in all the documents threads on here that imnsho should be consolidated post themselves blue in the face trying to help those few who cant or i should say wont see what BOM did its like they stick their fingers in their ears and run around yelling so they cant hear the truth. Thats fine.

In the end i highly doubt BOM will get in any trouble i sure wouldnt bet my house on it of course there is that chance that he really isnt above the law and he might be convicted and guess what those with bent knees wont care they will still bow head and still send $$$ to his gofundme.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Trelane said:

They should be doing checks in their garages and basements. Like I said, it doesn't matter what party or what year. They are all criminals who do not care about you or me.

Amen Brother, this utterly incompetent behavior is ridiculous on any level. First, we both know that leadership must start at the top for it to be effective going down. These idiots depending upon the documents, could easily get our Special Operationers, Soldiers, or our asserts killed because of this incompetence this isn’t a laughing Matter.

In all honesty, I would not be surprised in the case of Vice President Pence that he just took a bullet for Trump. Trump, is fully aware that he can’t have any additional documents come to light, because his lawyers have stated in court that they are all now accounted for. What’s, hilarious is that the GOP is trying to excuse Trumps Transgressions because Biden found, reported and turn in a few classified documents and then today during the FBI search some additional documents were found.

Whats a joke is no one knew Biden had any documents, he could have shredded, burned and buried the ashes. Instead, he turns them In according to procedures in place. Apparently, Pence did the same thing, only Trump intentionally tried to keep classifed material, and for what reason, no one knows. There are factors here, a mistake is made and classified documents are accidentally take home and then there is some one intentionally Stealing classified documents and then hiding it from investigators.

I don’t understand how these documents were missed by the White House SCIF. In some cases depending upon the documents I was not allowed to take compartmentalized documents out of the SCIF, I was required to read them there. In other situations if I were allowed to remove classified documents I had to sign them out and then sign them back in, so how could the SCIF not know documents were missing????

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Amen Brother, this utterly incompetent behavior is ridiculous on any level. First, we both know that leadership must start at the top for it to be effective going down. These idiots depending upon the documents, could easily get our Special Operationers, Soldiers, or our asserts killed because of this incompetence this isn’t a laughing Matter.

In all honesty, I would not be surprised in the case of Vice President Pence that he just took a bullet for Trump. Trump, is fully aware that he can’t have any additional documents come to light, because his lawyers have stated in court that they are all now accounted for. What’s, hilarious is that the GOP is trying to excuse Trumps Transgressions because Biden found, reported and turn in a few classified documents and then today during the FBI search some additional documents were found.

Whats a joke is no one knew Biden had any documents, he could have shredded, burned and buried the ashes. Instead, he turns them In according to procedures in place. Apparently, Pence did the same thing, only Trump intentionally tried to keep classifed material, and for what reason, no one knows. There are factors here, a mistake is made and classified documents are accidentally take home and then there is some one intentionally Stealing classified documents and then hiding it from investigators.

I don’t understand how these documents were missed by the White House SCIF. In some cases depending upon the documents I was not allowed to take compartmentalized documents out of the SCIF, I was required to read them there. In other situations if I were allowed to remove classified documents I had to sign them out and then sign them back in, so how could the SCIF not know documents were missing????

 

I think sometimes docs do get mixed in and carried out and it sure shouldnt happen but does you have guys like biden or pence say "oops" here you go didnt mean to have this. I kinda doubt pence will bend knee for BOM at the moment pence desires a political life after BOM.

knowing BOMs antics i wouldnt be at all surprised if he took docs he knew he shouldnt remember his ego is huge so he didnt care he just took them, reasons could be as silly is souvenirs right up to bargaining chips etc, he has shown us nothing is out of bounds. The refusing to return them is likely based a lot on spoiled man child ego like with refusing to show his taxes.

You might have read he has a sc rally coming and aids are calling begging people to show up, crickets and tumbleweeds. Then subjects will post pics of a pink Floyd show and claim BOM had a packed rally, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.