Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Doomsday Clock is now at 90 seconds to midnight

UM-Bot

Its ok folks this clock is a 24 hr design starting at Mid day so we still have 12hrs 1minute 30 seconds . by the way who the hell invented this .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

And what do we do about it?

Oh right, nothing.

No, actually, a lot of Americans seem to think this is an "overreaction".  Quite a few here on this site seem to agree.  

7 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Its ok folks this clock is a 24 hr design starting at Mid day so we still have 12hrs 1minute 30 seconds . by the way who the hell invented this .

https://thebulletin.org/

9 hours ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Only? More like nine seconds. 

I'm sure this will be true next year. Then it will go to tens of a second and hundredths of a second.

It's pure political drama, IMHO. Rubbish. 

• Like 3

We should probably keep send them money.

• Haha 2

Laughable. Nonsensical. Menacing. 

A bit of media hype with "science". Possibly the same people predicting covid forecasts and / or the financial markets.

Absolute tosh.

• Like 2

What is it even they are trying to scare us into doing? 

Fix climate change? Fix nuclear proliferation?

When was the last time a nuclear test was even conducted?

2017 apparently...

Shouldn't the Nuclear Doomsday clock have ticked backwards with nuclear stockpile drawdowns, and lack of testing, and the Iran deal? Even the Trump North Korea talks should have pushed things back a bit. Who else is looking to proliferate? 

The point of this clock IS NOT to be a realistic indicator of the world, because it most certainly is not. It's simply an attempt, and a poor one at that, to SCARE people into doing what these clock people want to have happen.

If it isn't Covid-19 or Climate Change, it would be LGBTQ rights, or lack of abortion opportunities. And so on, and so on.

• Like 1

Just a stupid publicity stunt, nothing more. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Nobody is gonna know when the world truly ends. Could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, sometime this year, next year. No one will ever know.

Edited by MysteryMike
  • Like 3

On 1/26/2023 at 1:45 PM, MysteryMike said:

Just a stupid publicity stunt, nothing more. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Nobody is gonna know when the world truly ends. Could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, sometime this year, next year. No one will ever know.

IF a nuclear war ever does happen, the one thing most agree on is that it will effectively be over and complete in an hour or so.  There might be launches after that time but they'll be pointless to the outcome.  The first time I heard that and it really sank in, I thought about the prediction in the Bible about the destruction of Babylon.  Her fate is to be burned by fire and that all of her wealth and power would end "in one hour".

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, and-then said:

IF a nuclear war ever does happen, the one thing most agree on is that it will effectively be over and complete in an hour or so.  There might be launches after that time but they'll be pointless to the outcome.  The first time I heard that and it really sank in, I thought about the prediction in the Bible about the destruction of Babylon.  Her fate is to be burned by fire and that all of her wealth and power would end "in one hour".

Fearmongering. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

Fearmongering. :rolleyes:

Which part?  I assume you mean the Babylon bit.  That's cool.  But the first part has nothing at all to do with religious doctrine.  I don't recall the publication but it was science-based and it isn't difficult to imagine it being accurate.  Ever hear of the doctrine of "Use it or lose it"?  A real exchange would devastate most nations very early on.

• Like 1