Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spoiled children of privilege trying to burn Atlanta down

OverSword

They present themselves as rebels against the system, fighting to preserve a piece of local woodland.

Yet many of the terrorist suspects arrested and charged over occupying government property and the violent attack in downtown Atlanta on Saturday are children of pampered privilege from out of state.

Hundreds of far-left activists, including Antifa, had gathered on Saturday evening at the Five Points neighborhood in downtown Atlanta to protest the death of their comrade who died in a shootout with police earlier in the week at an occupation south of the city.

It goes on to detail some of the identities of the spoiled children in the article.

Link

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Anyone who attempts to set a building on fire is willing to see people in that building potentially dead.  IMO, they should be shot, period.  Committing arson on an occupied building is attempted murder.  Put a couple of these domestic terrorists down and folks will be amazed at how quickly they lose interest in these tactics.

• Like 6

Truly shocking :o

A ton of spoiled kids trying to cosplay as resistance fighters 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, and-then said:

Anyone who attempts to set a building on fire is willing to see people in that building potentially dead.  IMO, they should be shot, period.  Committing arson on an occupied building is attempted murder.  Put a couple of these domestic terrorists down and folks will be amazed at how quickly they lose interest in these tactics.

I'm against the death penalty in principal but I'm all for a nice portion of the most enjoyable years of their lives locked up. 

I wonder if there was a government investigation into just where these privileged children were radicalized if we could expect legislation resulting in reforms in Americas institutes of higher learning?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'm against the death penalty in principal but I'm all for a nice portion of their most enjoyable years of their lives locked up. 

I wonder if there was a government investigation into just where these privileged children were radicalized if we could expect legislation resulting in reforms in Americas institutes of higher learning?

You really think these are college kids?   I doubt it, they are probably kids who have been kicked out of a lot of boarding schools.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You really think these are college kids?   I doubt it, they are probably kids who have been kicked out of a lot of boarding schools.

Did you read the article?

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Did you read the article?

I read part of it.   I scrolled down and looked at a couple of the pictures.   Did it say they are all college students?   I didn't see that.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I read part of it.   I scrolled down and looked at a couple of the pictures.   Did it say they are all college students?   I didn't see that.

A sample

* Teresa Yue Shen, a Brooklyn woman arrested on Jan. 18 who graduated from Barnard College before working at Reuters and CNN, according to her LinkedIn. She is charged with domestic terrorism.

* Abigail Elizabeth Skapyak, of Minneapolis. Skapyak is a former Justice Department intern who graduated from American University. She was arrested on May 17.

* Marianna Hoitt-Lange, a violinist who graduated from New York University. She was arrested on May 17.

* Madeleine “Matthias” Gunther Kodat, of Philadelphia, is the daughter of the former provost and dean of faculty at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wis., who was arrested on May 17.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'm against the death penalty in principal but I'm all for a nice portion of the most enjoyable years of their lives locked up

That would be the better solution but as we saw over and over in 2020, these thugs aren't held accountable.  I'm not particularly blood thirsty but IMO, anyone who is willing to risk the lives of strangers, especially by them burning to death, should be dealt with with whatever force is required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

A sample

* Teresa Yue Shen, a Brooklyn woman arrested on Jan. 18 who graduated from Barnard College before working at Reuters and CNN, according to her LinkedIn. She is charged with domestic terrorism.

* Abigail Elizabeth Skapyak, of Minneapolis. Skapyak is a former Justice Department intern who graduated from American University. She was arrested on May 17.

* Marianna Hoitt-Lange, a violinist who graduated from New York University. She was arrested on May 17.

* Madeleine “Matthias” Gunther Kodat, of Philadelphia, is the daughter of the former provost and dean of faculty at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wis., who was arrested on May 17.

So those aren't kids at all, they are grown ups.   You only listed the women, did they have stats on the men besided that first guy, Francis Carrol, 22 (not grown yet, if ever) is not a college graduate, which is why I figured most of them were like him.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So those aren't kids at all, they are grown ups.   You only listed the women, did they have stats on the men besided that first guy, Francis Carrol, 22 (not grown yet, if ever) is not a college graduate, which is why I figured most of them were like him.   

That is a sub list below the people in the pictures, and they are not kids they are spoiled adult children which is a term given to them for their maturity level not necessarily their age

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, and-then said:

That would be the better solution but as we saw over and over in 2020, these thugs aren't held accountable.  I'm not particularly blood thirsty but IMO, anyone who is willing to risk the lives of strangers, especially by them burning to death, should be dealt with with whatever force is required.

I think that if caught in the act, shooting them to get them to stop if OK, if they refused to stop.

• Thanks 1

Let's see how their punishments stack up to the Jan. 6th Jihadists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, and-then said:

If a newspaper can post their names and DOB etc, then the police should be able to arrest them.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think that if caught in the act, shooting them to get them to stop if OK, if they refused to stop.

These people need to understand that they are playing deadly games and those can have deadly consequences for them, as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Shooting them with a stun gun.  Killing them would be too good for what they are doing, AND they were protesting the death of someone who shot a cop and did not comply when told to stop shooting.   So, shooting them is not the solution.    Making them responsible and putting them through the courts and Jail system with NO Media so that we don't know their names would be the best punishment.  Most of them want the attention and to be infamous.

2 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

Let's see how their punishments stack up to the Jan. 6th Jihadists.

Were you aware that some of those J6 protesters are still in jail?  They haven't been officially charged yet, let alone convicted.  We're beginning their 3rd year of imprisonment without a trial.  In any other nation on the planet our government would call them political prisoners.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Making them responsible and putting them through the courts and Jail system with NO Media so that we don't know their names would be the best punishment

Yes, as I said, that is the better solution but these thugs weren't ever held accountable for their actions in 2020.  They generally do this kind of attack in jurisdictions where they know they will receive political cover or they attack federal buildings knowing that one party isn't going to seriously hold them accountable.  I'm not lumping all protesters into that category of shooting them.  I'm talking about those caught in the act of setting fire to an occupied building.

25 minutes ago, and-then said:

Yes, as I said, that is the better solution but these thugs weren't ever held accountable for their actions in 2020.  They generally do this kind of attack in jurisdictions where they know they will receive political cover or they attack federal buildings knowing that one party isn't going to seriously hold them accountable.  I'm not lumping all protesters into that category of shooting them.  I'm talking about those caught in the act of setting fire to an occupied building.

I find it hard to believe they will find"political cover" in Atlanta.   And the idiotic protest of someone's death who literally chose suicide by cop is maddening.    It seems like more than just those reprobates need to be held accountable.  I have seen stories about businesses moving out of certain cities that don't support law and order.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two of the six suspects arrested during a riot in downtown Atlanta Saturday evening have been granted bond Monday morning.

A Fulton County Court judge granted both 23-year-old Ivan Ferguson of Nevada and 20-year-old Graham Evatt of Decatur, Georgia bond of over $355,000.

cont...

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/atlanta-riots-arrests-rioters-suspects-bond-protests-cop-city

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If a newspaper can post their names and DOB etc, then the police should be able to arrest them.  

HA! 
They’ll receive at best a “non-custodial sentence” with a side order of “no conviction recorded, we don’t want to destroy their futures”. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Shooting them with a stun gun.  Killing them would be too good for what they are doing, AND they were protesting the death of someone who shot a cop and did not comply when told to stop shooting.   So, shooting them is not the solution.    Making them responsible and putting them through the courts and Jail system with NO Media so that we don't know their names would be the best punishment.  Most of them want the attention and to be infamous.

No, we need to follow this with names, because they WILL be let off with a warning. Money always speaks, and always says “what’s the absolute least punishing sentence? We’ll take that”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

HA! 
They’ll receive at best a “non-custodial sentence” with a side order of “no conviction recorded, we don’t want to destroy their futures”. 

That should be up to them whether their futures are destroyed.   We shall see.   The bond was set pretty high so only the silver spooners could afford it, so not really high enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, we need to follow this with names, because they WILL be let off with a warning. Money always speaks, and always says “what’s the absolute least punishing sentence? We’ll take that”. 

Which is what NEEDS to CHANGE!  That is why I said there are more people who need to be held responsible for all of this.

I assume, based on your attitude, that this kind of thing goes on in Oz as well as the U.S.   So, who is getting away with murder and destroying businesses in your country?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I don't know about that. They are being charged with domestic terrorism which is a federal offense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1