Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Loses Access to Millions of Viewers Ahead of First Campaign Rally

Grim Reaper 6

Former President Donald Trump stands to lose millions of cable news viewers for his rallies ahead of a planned event in South Carolina this weekend, potentially robbing him of a large cohort of his base as he seeks to begin his presidential campaign within the early voting state in earnest. After days of rumors, cable carrier DirecTV announced this week it would be dropping the conservative cable news channel Newsmax:

From its list of offered channels, saying the network's demands for rate increases as part of its negotiating package "would have led to significantly higher costs that we would have to pass on to our broad customer base" amid a 47 percent decline in subscribers since the carrier's purchase by ATT in 2015. Newsmax executives called the move politically motivated, with Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy calling the decision "a blatant act of political discrimination and censorship against Newsmax" in an article from the channel decrying the deal. 

Trump Loses Access to Millions of Viewers Ahead of First Campaign Rally (msn.com)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Former President Donald Trump stands to lose millions of cable news viewers for his rallies ahead of a planned event in South Carolina this weekend, potentially robbing him of a large cohort of his base as he seeks to begin his presidential campaign within the early voting state in earnest. After days of rumors, cable carrier DirecTV announced this week it would be dropping the conservative cable news channel Newsmax:

From its list of offered channels, saying the network's demands for rate increases as part of its negotiating package "would have led to significantly higher costs that we would have to pass on to our broad customer base" amid a 47 percent decline in subscribers since the carrier's purchase by ATT in 2015. Newsmax executives called the move politically motivated, with Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy calling the decision "a blatant act of political discrimination and censorship against Newsmax" in an article from the channel decrying the deal. 

Trump Loses Access to Millions of Viewers Ahead of First Campaign Rally (msn.com)

If NewsMax is asking DirectTV for more money there is no way they can claim it is political.  This isn't about the florida man, this is about money.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If NewsMax is asking DirectTV for more money there is no way they can claim it is political.  This isn't about the florida man, this is about money.

I certainly agree, but it is a win-win if it disrupts Trumps Rally!!!!!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I certainly agree, but it is a win-win if it disrupts Trumps Rally!!!!!:D

Yeah, well if NewsMax is the only entity televisioning it I don't think the florida man has much support.   Is Fox News not showing up?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, well if NewsMax is the only entity televisioning it I don't think the florida man has much support.   Is Fox News not showing up?

Who is the Florida Man!:D

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Who is the Florida Man!:D

The title of the thread makes it about him, but I see your point, it could be some other politician that people want to run for president.   That younger florida man will wait until the last minute because he is having too much fun being governor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The title of the thread makes it about him, but I see your point, it could be some other politician that people want to run for president.   That younger florida man will wait until the last minute because he is having too much fun being governor.

No, actually the title of the thread is about Trumps loss of support and the media shunning him because he is draft dodger with T-Rex hands  and sore feet!:lol:

The reason my hands are so tiny, is because, I am big elsewhere!:tsu:

470D9703-C0C7-4BD5-B690-5FBAB111070A.jpeg.984ab9bf1e45b16b90fb5fd07475f780.jpeg

Big empty head!:lol:

C951D2D3-9B34-41DE-92C9-63CB5DA84ED7.thumb.jpeg.d7170934dc9732339120f8724cc36a8a.jpeg

I am the best drafter dodger ever, no one can dodge the draft better than me, even with bone spurs I am one hell of draft dodger and I can dance too!:lol:

0A987857-F249-4140-8A5F-836DD87B1571.thumb.jpeg.3463b2d4c443b820f008e479f387ad0f.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow!  That will be good news for RSBN.  They already live stream his events - online - and this should boost their audience TREMENDOUSLY ;) 

https://www.rsbnetwork.com/

Oh, and by the way: :lol:

https://morningconsult.com/2024-gop-primary-election-tracker/

Edited by and-then
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

Wow!  That will be good news for RSBN.  They already live stream his events - online - and this should boost their audience TREMENDOUSLY ;) 

https://www.rsbnetwork.com/

Who is RSBN,:)

• Like 3

The link is safe.  It stands for Right Side Broadcasting Network.  It isn't a news channel as such but they stream Trump events without fail.  When/If Newsmax no longer carries the rallies, RSBN will quickly gain audience.  The reason I believe this is that there is almost NO ONE who doesn't already either loathe or love the man.  Obviously, those like yourself and most others here who enjoy mocking him - and admit it, his supporters - wouldn't tune his rallies in if you were paid too, amIright? :)   So only those who would have watched him on Newsmax will look for an alternative source and voila`, RSBN gains audience and makes BANK ;) 

While losing the Newsmax audience isn't a wonderful thing, it isn't going to change anyone's mind on whether they support him or not.  They'll simply look for another source.  Those who think the guy is Satan's nephew wouldn't be watching him anyway.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, and-then said:

The link is safe.  It stands for Right Side Broadcasting Network.  It isn't a news channel as such but they stream Trump events without fail.  When/If Newsmax no longer carries the rallies, RSBN will quickly gain audience.  The reason I believe this is that there is almost NO ONE who doesn't already either loathe or love the man.  Obviously, those like yourself and most others here who enjoy mocking him - and admit it, his supporters - wouldn't tune his rallies in if you were paid too, amIright? :)   So only those who would have watched him on Newsmax will look for an alternative source and voila`, RSBN gains audience and makes BANK ;) 

While losing the Newsmax audience isn't a wonderful thing, it isn't going to change anyone's mind on whether they support him or not.  They'll simply look for another source.  Those who think the guy is Satan's nephew wouldn't be watching him anyway.  

The story didn't say Newsmax will no longer carry his rallies.   They are being dropped by DirectTV which is a financial decision and has nothing to do with Newsmax and the rally except that the people who subscribe to DirectTV will have to find another way to watch it.   I am surprised DirectTV is still around, it must be only because of the internet options they have because no one would pay for cable if they already have internet. It is the only reason Xfinity is still around, they went into the internet and cell phone business just to keep customers.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Who is RSBN,:)

And who the heck is “morning consult”…(GOP primary election tracker). And why should I give them Any credibility?   Both of those ‘sources’ are nothing more than propagandists.        Goodbye Donald.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Trump gets claustrophobic when this happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, razman said:

Trump gets claustrophobic when this happens.

Then maybe this will help:

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/trump-reinstated-on-facebook-and-instagram-after-2-year-ban/

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by this.  Maybe it's a gambit to get him back under the control of other entities so he can develop a huge following again and then they pull the rug again - AFTER he has done serious damage to the growth of Truth Social?  I can see him venturing back onto Twitter in a somewhat limited way but he has invested a LOT into Truth Social and he needs to keep it growing :yes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, lightly said:

And who the heck is “morning consult”…(GOP primary election tracker). And why should I give them Any credibility?   Both of those ‘sources’ are nothing more than propagandists.        Goodbye Donald.

Afaik the GOP has yet to endorse BOM and with the recent posts about polls always being flawed we are going to be seeing a lot of off the radar unknown source sites making claims how far ahead BOM is. typical grasping. 

in 2016 polls showed hillybeast winning and oppsie daisy, then 2020 BOM thought he had it from watching polls and we all know the meltdown trantrum he and his worshippers had from that humiliating loss is still ongoing.

Since i do have concerns about the emotinal mental state of some trump subjects if magical polls showing BOM already won gives them soothing cold confort i guess thats okay until 2024 comes and goes and BOM doesnt get back into the WH.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

Then maybe this will help:

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/trump-reinstated-on-facebook-and-instagram-after-2-year-ban/

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by this.  Maybe it's a gambit to get him back under the control of other entities so he can develop a huge following again and then they pull the rug again - AFTER he has done serious damage to the growth of Truth Social?  I can see him venturing back onto Twitter in a somewhat limited way but he has invested a LOT into Truth Social and he needs to keep it growing :yes:

I read hes dumping TS, FB is soso twitter went way down too but twitter was his go to. I dont think his huge fragile ego ever got past the 2020 epic loss oh i meant got past being booted off twitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

They are being dropped by DirectTV which is a financial decision and has nothing to do with Newsmax and the rally except that the people who subscribe to DirectTV will have to find another way to watch it.

True, but I don't know of any other comparable platform/TV network that reaches as many as DTV.  RSBN will make up most if not all of the deficit.  I agree that DTV is acting out of a profit motive.  No harm, no foul.  It will be interesting to see if action is taken in online platforms to somehow squelch RSBN's efforts.  I think it will be safe to say that if that happens, it will be blatantly political.  Wouldn't you agree?

21 minutes ago, and-then said:

True, but I don't know of any other comparable platform/TV network that reaches as many as DTV.  RSBN will make up most if not all of the deficit.  I agree that DTV is acting out of a profit motive.  No harm, no foul.  It will be interesting to see if action is taken in online platforms to somehow squelch RSBN's efforts.  I think it will be safe to say that if that happens, it will be blatantly political.  Wouldn't you agree?

Hey if you guys stock his gofundme well maybe he can just buy that station and broadcast his rallys 24 7 in a PPV way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Fair enough.  Pick your poison ;) 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-r/2024/national/

Allow me to make a couple of suggestions.  First, all of the legal contortions against him will utterly fail.  I fully expect him to be indicted for one "crime" or another and for a DC jury to get a slam dunk conviction.  Most of those here who will be celebrating over that will only have to wait for a brief period before it gets appealed to SCOTUS.  Now, the media will spend a huge amount of time and effort to sell the idea that the !4th means he will be disqualified.  I still maintain that the 14th was specifically about post civil war individuals who were trying to run for office at the national level.  Only a conviction for the Constitutionally defined crime of Treason against the U.S. can disqualify him.

It looks more like the classified docs gambit is going tits up unless they are willing to ignore the sheer, blatant hypocrisy of giving Joe a pass on something WORSE than Trump is accused of.  But... if they do, again, SCOTUS will overturn it and even if they don't it still doesn't rise to a disqualifying level.  The best you lot can hope for is to damage his popularity and I think anyone who still depends on that, is fully into self-delusion.

Finally, I fully expect media to whip the Left into an absolute hysterical frenzy when they have to admit they cannot stop Orange Man Bad from running AND potentially winning.  It's up to the Left to decide what steps they are willing to take at that point.  I pray they stay sane enough to accept him as winner IF he gets the most votes in the most states.  I don't have a lot of confidence in that, though. :( 

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

uh...no!  B)

It's called You Tube!   We don't watch cable news....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

The link is safe.  It stands for Right Side Broadcasting Network.  It isn't a news channel as such but they stream Trump events without fail.  When/If Newsmax no longer carries the rallies, RSBN will quickly gain audience.  The reason I believe this is that there is almost NO ONE who doesn't already either loathe or love the man.  Obviously, those like yourself and most others here who enjoy mocking him - and admit it, his supporters - wouldn't tune his rallies in if you were paid too, amIright? :)   So only those who would have watched him on Newsmax will look for an alternative source and voila`, RSBN gains audience and makes BANK

I  enjoy  taking Trumps foolish behavior and expanding upon it, Trumps big mouth and his lack of empathy for Americans in general makes him a target. What, I find most humorous is that you and others here equate loyalty to the Republican Party to loyalty to Trump!:lol: I only give my loyalty to those who are patriotic Americans who have proven their patriotism, and this has nothing to do with the Military. about meaning just what someone says, and it’s about standing up no matter what for what one believes and civil. That’s why in all isincerity I respect you, because it doesn’t matter if we agree on a subject or not, it is about keeping a conversation civil even if we don’t. I spent half my life in service to our country, with like minded people. Transition back to civilian life isn’t easy especially on the internet, what I say here is exactly what I would say if I were face to face with the individual, I don’t grow a foot and develop bass in my voice when online. :D 

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I am unfamiliar with this so I will take your word for it, however it is not a question of him being Satan because Satan doesn’t lye, and hell he is the morning star, and Trump certainly isn’t that Bright! I see Trump for what I believe he is, a bully with an extreme malignant narcissist personality disorder. Now, if we’re trying change that, my mind and comments would also change, but he has been this way his entire lif.

Peace Andthen.:tu:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

because Satan doesn’t lye

:blink:

I realize that you are of a different faith and maybe it's been awhile since you looked at a Bible but you can trust me on this - Satan is known as the "Father of Lies"

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

uh...no!  B)

It's called You Tube!   We don't watch cable news....

You-Tub what’s that a carrier for personal Hygiene items!:Di

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I realize that you are of a different faith and maybe it's been awhile since you looked at a Bible but you can trust me on this - Satan is known as the "Father of Lies"

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Weird i did think BOM had the title "father of lies".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, and-then said:

John  8....something..:unsure2: