Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox News Sued By Ex-Staffer Alleging ‘Decades-Long' Abuse, Blackmail By Roger Ailes

Grim Reaper 6

Laura Luhn, a former employee at Fox News, accused the network’s late CEO Roger Ailes of “years of sexual abuse” and blackmail in a new lawsuit filed in the New York Supreme Court on Wednesday. Ailes “used his position as the head of Fox News to trap Laura W. Luhn in a decades-long cycle of sexual abuse,” reads the lawsuit filed against the conservative channel; its former co-president, Bill Shine; and former parent company, 21st Century Fox. In the legal action, Luhn alleged Ailes photographed and filmed her “in compromising positions” years before she joined Fox as a booker in 1996. Ailes then used the images as “blackmail material that he explicitly described as his ‘insurance policy’” throughout her career, it added.

Fox News Sued By Ex-Staffer Alleging ‘Decades-Long' Abuse, Blackmail By Roger Ailes (msn.com)

• Like 1

I assume this litigation is possible due to New York's law that allows an unlimited period of time to file against a person.  Basically, no statute of limitations.  It's a boon for attorneys, no doubt.  Ailes was apparently a horn dog and a creep but I'm not sure how you get a payoff from a dead man.  Wait, you sue the news organization he built.  The only interesting part of this story - to me - is watching to see what kind of evidence can be produced, more than 2 decades after the fact.  I suspect she will get a payout to settle or some NY judge will essentially take her word for it and evidence be damned.  

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Luhn alleged Ailes photographed and filmed her “in compromising positions” years before she joined Fox as a booker in 1996. Ailes then used the images as “blackmail material that he explicitly described as his ‘insurance policy’” throughout her career, it added.

This part puzzles me. If she was being photographed and filmed for years before she joined Fox, why did she even take a job there? She apparently didn't mind being around him then. 

• Like 1