Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS Leader Killed in Somalia

Trelane

A breaking report regarding US forces killing a senior ISIS leader in Somalia. I guess the canaries in Djibouti finally started singing.

"Islamic State leader operating in Somalia, Bilal al-Sudani, killed by US military forces"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-leader-operating-in-somalia-bilal-al-sudani-killed-by-us-military-forces/ar-AA16MyU6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4937636b1eb646fe9faf3e781011b3eb

"The U.S. military has killed a senior Islamic State leader during an assault operation in northern Somalia. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who announced the operation, identified the leader as Bilal al-Sudani, a key operative and facilitator for ISIS's global network."

"About 10 of al-Sudani's ISIS operatives also were killed in the assault, which was authorized by President Joe Biden and took place Wednesday in a mountainous cave complex in northern Somalia, said senior administration officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Military officials had prepared for the possibility of capturing al-Sudani, but a response by hostile forces resulted in his death, the officials said."

• Thanks 5

59 minutes ago, Trelane said:

A breaking report regarding US forces killing a senior ISIS leader in Somalia. I guess the canaries in Djibouti finally started singing.

Gotta love those Canaries:D

ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-leader-operating-in-somalia-bilal-al-sudani-killed-by-us-military-forces/ar-AA16MyU6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4937636b1eb646fe9faf3e781011b3eb

"The U.S. military has killed a senior Islamic State leader during an assault operation in northern Somalia. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who announced the operation, identified the leader as Bilal al-Sudani, a key operative and facilitator for ISIS's global network."

Press Secretary of White House Seal

January 26,20232

Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on a Successful CoJANUARY 26, 202unterterrorism Operation in Somalia: Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on a Successful Counterterrorism Operation in Somalia | The White House

"About 10 of al-Sudani's ISIS operatives also were killed in the assault, which was authorized by President Joe Biden and took place Wednesday in a mountainous cave complex in northern Somalia, said senior administration officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Military officials had prepared for the possibility of capturing al-Sudani, but a response by hostile forces resulted in his death, the officials said."

• Like 5

That's great news.  We hardly want a resurgent ISIS while the world's attention is elsewhere.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

That's great news.  We hardly want a resurgent ISIS while the world's attention is elsewhere.

Yea, I certainly agree but they are already popping up at different locations globally. Right now, they are popping up aross Africa. If, it was up to me, I would get together with other world leaders and place a bounty on their heads just like we have done in the past for animals!!!!!!!:lol:

Sorry, but i do have a dark sense of humor!!!!!!!:devil:

Peace my friend:tu:

78yd5i.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea, I certainly agree but they are already popping up at different locations globally. Right now, they are popping up aross Africa. If, it was up to me, I would get together with other world leaders and place a bounty on their heads just like we have done in the past for animals!!!!!!!:lol:

Sorry, but i do have a dark sense of humor!!!!!!!:devil:

Peace my friend:tu:

78yd5i.jpg

AFRICOM has their hands full right now. Between ISIS and Wagner cells, that continent is very dangerous.

• Like 1

All terrorists against anyone, and of course innocent civilians and especially babies, need to be handed to HELL.

• Like 1