Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burned, Beaten 7-Year-Old Boy Dies After One Week in Coma, and Father is Arrested

Grim Reaper 6

Jaevion Riley, 7, was found unconscious and not breathing at a Manchester, N.H., apartment on Jan. 17, multiple outlets report. He had allegedly suffered severe burns on more than 15 to 20 percent of his body and was transported to a local hospital in Boston. He succumbed to his injuries Tuesday. An autopsy is pending, according to a statement from the local Attorney General and the Manchester Police Department. 

Last week, the child's father, Murtadah Mohammad, was charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, falsifying physical evidence and endangering the welfare of a child. "It is absolutely gruesome, it is horrific, and it is sickening to look at. It makes me physically ill looking at my own son because of what this man did to him," Jaevion's mother, Rainah Riley, told NBC 10 Boston before the child died.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/burned-beaten-7-year-old-boy-dies-after-one-week-in-coma-and-father-is-arrested/ar-AA16LZmZ?cvid=0450ab2a227b4b73a5bd8470cdf34cfa

• Sad 5

God bless this little boy and keep him in his care. How can a parent do something like this to a child? I hope these charges go up to murder now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, susieice said:

God bless this little boy and keep him in his care. How can a parent do something like this to a child? I hope these charges go up to murder now.

Susie, I certainly agree with you, situations like this break my heart, but sadly this and worst happens every day. After 23 years in the Army and 10 1/2 years as a government contractor, I have lost faith in mankind. Beyond the borders of the United States, these types of situations are daily occurrences, and that's most likely what caused my PTSD, because you can't unsee what you have seen.

Now, people ask me why I didn't stop working and just call it quits, well frankly Susie in my opinion that would have been worst. Because when I encountered situations like this or worst, I had the ability right there on the spot to ensure the abuser would pay their inhuman actions and never commit crimes like this again! :yes:

Take care Susie!!!!!!!:tu:

• Like 2