Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Museum Built on Native American Burial Mounds

Grim Reaper 6

Every day when Logan Pappenfort is at work, he tries not to dwell on what’s under his feet. Beneath the south wing of the museum where he’s interim director are the remains of at least 234 of his ancestors. For more than 800 years, they laid undisturbed, carefully buried inside a mound of earth overlooking a quiet valley and a slow river. Then in the 1920s, a chiropractor named Don Dickson dug open the mound, eventually exposing the remains of hundreds of Native Americans. He left them in place, and his family turned the excavation into a roadside attraction they called Dickson Mounds. They charged visitors 50 cents for admission.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-museum-built-on-native-american-burial-mounds/ar-AA16NLrP?cvid=32dfef62e06d40f5a22e5c7ddec0fc48

• Like 1

NAGPRA is a 2 edge sword controlled by AIM in which everything gets buried before it's studied......which doesn't help us.....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Piney said:

NAGPRA is a 2 edge sword controlled by AIM in which everything gets buried before it's studied......which doesn't help us.....

That really sucks man, I can't believe that they would do that, it's terrible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I photographed some of the stuff my former tribe's token AIM idiot buried, but he usually grabbed the stuff and planted it before I could look at it.

To add to the irony, he would bury items that weren't even grave goods.

On a bright side though, New Jersey's law against possessing human remains helped me recover stuff from potholers (looters).

23 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

@Swede can tell you some real doozers. He worked with numerous tribes and fools. Far more than me.