Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP to vote Friday on McDaniel, Dhillon, Lindell as new RNC chief

OverSword

Republican National Committee (RNC) members will elect a new chair of the party on Friday, ending a race that has seen Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel’s leadership tested by two rivals.  

McDaniel, who has led the RNC since being tapped by former President Trump to the role in 2016, is being challenged by Harmeet Dhillon — a legal adviser to Trump’s 2020 campaign — and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell. RNC members will cast secret ballots on Friday in Dana Point, Calif., where McDaniel needs a simple majority of the committee’s 168 members to secure another stint as chairwoman. 

Link

So every one of them is politically related to trump?  Why the republicans aren't doing more to break away from the trump influence I just don't understand.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

So every one of them is politically related to trump?  Why the republicans aren't doing more to break away from the trump influence I just don't understand.  

Why?  Surely it isn't that difficult to understand.  Tens of millions of Americans voted for him so don't you think it's possible that they aren't all deluded?  There's a struggle in the country between traditionalists and so-called progressives and he represents everything about the country that the Left hates.  Ultimately, politicians will support what will give them the best chance to stay at the trough.  That tells me they believe crossing him would reduce their chances.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What I think is that trump is not good presidential material for too many reasons to list because every time I would post that list I would have to edit it to add something I hadn't considered.  More people voted for hilary when he beat her and more people voted for biden when he beat trump.  Is it possible they weren't all deluded?  Trump is not a traditionalist he is an opportunist and is all about Donald ****ing Trump and not the USA as he demonstrated when he failed to concede an election he clearly lost and riled up so many people for no reason.

I agree with this.  

To the bolded, it should be pointed out that neither biden nor Hillary got the majority of the votes.  More people voted against them than for them.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree with this.  

To the bolded, it should be pointed out that neither biden nor Hillary got the majority of the votes.  More people voted against them than for them.

What are you talking about ? Lol. Biden received millions of more votes than Trump.

Are you talking about people who didn't vote or something 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Link

I agree with this. Its very frustrating.

Surely amongst the millions of people in the US there are others who can represent conservative views better than Trump 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, and-then said:

There's a struggle in the country between traditionalists and so-called progressives and he represents everything about the country that the Left hates. 

Yes, some on the left still hate lies, deception, incompetence, and self-serving criminality.  Most on the right used to hate that too.  But the deal was too sweet; power and long held desires in exchange for turning a blind eye to the rest.

I didn't agree with Clinton or Bush or Obama either, they all had some serious flaws, Trump was in a league of his own.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What are you talking about ? Lol. Biden received millions of more votes than Trump.

Are you talking about people who didn't vote or something 

I admit I didn't look it up for biden, just went off memory.  With Hillary, she only got 48.2% of the votes so more people voted for someone else than voted for her.  It was still more than Trumps 46.1% of the votes.  

I'm putting in my recommendation for Mike Lindell.  He more than anybody shows the true state of the once respected Republican party.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I'm putting in my recommendation for Mike Lindell.  He more than anybody shows the true state of the once respected Republican party.

That guy makes me sick.  Nothing wrong with being a Christian, but making sure everyone knows it all the time as he does reminds me of Matthew,6 v5-6

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That guy makes me sick.  Nothing wrong with being a Christian, but making sure everyone knows it all the time as he does reminds me of Matthew,6 v5-6

Me too. He seems to be  a posterchild for the current MAGA movement. The quicker we work through this, and the faster we get back to a logical conservative alternative free of MAGA and QAnon baggage the better.   It would be far better for the country if we had a sensible conservative view to counter some of  the liberal view  rather than one  that relies on conspiracies and fabulous tales to hang together.

• Like 3

I would prefer Dhillon (or even Lindell) to McDaniel.  The RNC has floundered in the last three elections.  It’s time for a new direction.  We don’t want to go back to the failing Establishment.  I think McDaniel is the odds on favorite but woe be to the party if she is elected.  Trump steered the party away from the Establishment RINO and they are trying to finagle their way back in by being everybody’s buddy.  But they are snakes.  The RINO, the corruption is dead.  The Establishment is a dinosaur.  Appeasing the Left is over.  The time of the TEA Party/MAGA/Conservatives is here.  And it is growing and Bidet is the reason we are growing.  And no, QAnon has nothing to do with MAGA.  That is just an attack by the Left to throw dirt.  People are getting tired of the Left and their dirt throwing.  People are beginning to wake up and the pendulum is coming back.  Dhillon will offer a bright new future for the Party.  But we will see what happens.  If McDaniel wins, then expect the Republican Party to revert back to the failure it was before Trump.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I would prefer Dhillon (or even Lindell) to McDaniel.  The RNC has floundered in the last three elections.  It’s time for a new direction.  We don’t want to go back to the failing Establishment.  I think McDaniel is the odds on favorite but woe be to the party if she is elected.  Trump steered the party away from the Establishment RINO and they are trying to finagle their way back in by being everybody’s buddy.  But they are snakes.  The RINO, the corruption is dead.  The Establishment is a dinosaur.  Appeasing the Left is over.  The time of the TEA Party/MAGA/Conservatives is here.  And it is growing and Bidet is the reason we are growing.  And no, QAnon has nothing to do with MAGA.  That is just an attack by the Left to throw dirt.  People are getting tired of the Left and their dirt throwing.  People are beginning to wake up and the pendulum is coming back.  Dhillon will offer a bright new future for the Party.  But we will see what happens.  If McDaniel wins, then expect the Republican Party to revert back to the failure it was before Trump.

So the Republican party is a failure then.......

• Like 4

On 1/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, RavenHawk said:

If McDaniel wins, then expect the Republican Party to revert back to the failure it was before Trump.

As opposed to the failure it became under Trump? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:19 PM, Myles said:

I agree with this.  

They both absolutely did get the majority of the votes in their elections.    In 2016, Hillary pulled 65,853,514 votes compared to Trump's 62,984,828 and in 2020 Biden pulled 81,282,916.  Now i compared to Trump's 74,223,369.  Now if you mean that most people voted AGAINST Trump rather than FOR the opposition, then that may be the case.  Literally the only reason Trump even occupied the White House is because we still have the antiquated electoral college in place.  

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HSlim said:

They both absolutely did get the majority of the votes in their elections.    In 2016, Hillary pulled 65,853,514 votes compared to Trump's 62,984,828 and in 2020 Biden pulled 81,282,916.  Now i compared to Trump's 74,223,369.  Now if you mean that most people voted AGAINST Trump rather than FOR the opposition, then that may be the case.  Literally the only reason Trump even occupied the White House is because we still have the antiquated electoral college in place.  

Wrong. 

With Hillary, she only got 48.2% of the votes so more people voted for someone else than voted for her.   She got more votes than Trump though.  Just no the majority of votes. The majority voted for someone else than Hillary.

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

The majority voted for someone else than Hillary.

Can you not say the same about Trump?  More people voted for someone else than Trump.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Wrong. 

With Hillary, she only got 48.2% of the votes so more people voted for someone else than voted for her.   She got more votes than Trump though.  Just no the majority of votes. The majority voted for someone else than Hillary.

I guess if you want to break it down like that, sure.  But the fact remains that even with her 48.2 percent, none of her opposition took more votes than she did unless you combine two of them. Of course the third party is going to split some of those off, but between the two that actually had more than a snowballs chance in hell, she got the most votes out of the whole shebang. 

As for Biden, he got 51% of the popular vote. So the majority.

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, Tatetopa said:

Me too. He seems to be  a posterchild for the current MAGA movement. The quicker we work through this, and the faster we get back to a logical conservative alternative free of MAGA and QAnon baggage the better.   It would be far better for the country if we had a sensible conservative view to counter some of  the liberal view  rather than one  that relies on conspiracies and fabulous tales to hang together.

I would rather see a major moderate political landscape than the tar pits and exploding volcanoes we have from both extremes.   The thing that gets me is that the extremes are not even on the same page with each other, there are so many splinter groups that is going to be easy pretty soon for an independent to beat them all.   The libertarians aren't much better, they can't get their act together either.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Gromdor said:

So the Republican party is a failure then.......

Top 30 Agree Nodding Smile GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

we still have the antiquated electoral college in place.  

What would you replace it with? I agree that the electoral college is not a perfect system, but an election based on the direct popular vote across the entire country is even worse than the electoral college, in my opinion. I don't know if another system could be found that would appease all 50 States, but I'm open to it if you find a better solution.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

What would you replace it with? I agree that the electoral college is not a perfect system, but an election based on the direct popular vote across the entire country is even worse than the electoral college, in my opinion. I don't know if another system could be found that would appease all 50 States, but I'm open to it if you find a better solution.

Ranked choice voting 

10 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Ranked choice voting 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not actually an alternative to the electoral college. Ranked choice voting is a system of counting votes based on ranking your choices. You'd still be voting for the electoral college within that ranked choice system, right?

Or am I missing something? 

With that said, I would not be opposed to a ranked choice system as part of your electoral colleges. 

Edited by Paranoid Android