Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting on Google Earth' as enormous 7.5ft ape-like beast seen in wild

Commander CMG

12 minutes ago, openozy said:

Bats, did you major in BF at uni or something, lol. I've never seen anyone with this much BF knowledge , including Bobo himself, lol.

Well, there you go.  All you have to do is say Bobo, and everyone knows it’s a joke.  Yes, that dude is lame.  Yet, he claims to have had an encounter, as many people living off the land in Northern California have reported, that there is an unknown or undocumented species living in the remote regions, and it is sometimes encountered.  He happens to be a really late comer to the party who got lucky and made some cash, but…the fact is the legends and reports of this creature go way back before Bobo.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

Bats, did you major in BF at uni or something, lol. I've never seen anyone with this much BF knowledge , including Bobo himself, lol.

No, lol, you have heard me speak of my mental issues. Not so much the last year thats a whole other story but all my life i remember all kinds of pointless crap, i can quote lines of a flick i saw once in 82 that i didnt even like, i will pretty much remember every song in order i played at the club, my hobbies included classic vettes and people still email asking stuff about the 68-82s, it sometimes drives tina nuts, so the BF trivia i will read something and not forget it, now this all might sound like a gift its not, ever see that "B" movie "scanners" where those people heads their thoughts were like a blender on puree thats how i feel most of the time very draining,  i get stressed its worse.

But the last year or maybe longer its weird different like my mind is getting too full and needs a cleaning and defragging, lol thibgs far less clear lots of brain fog, damn covid vax.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Well, there you go.  All you have to do is say Bobo, and everyone knows it’s a joke.  Yes, that dude is lame.  Yet, he claims to have had an encounter, as many people living off the land in Northern California have reported, that there is an unknown or undocumented species living in the remote regions, and it is sometimes encountered.  He happens to be a really late comer to the party who got lucky and made some cash, but…the fact is the legends and reports of this creature go way back before Bobo.

You know the problem with that diatribe is bobos alleged encounter is just as good as the next believers because like all other believers bobo is empty handed, he got to be on a failed teevee show and still zero evidence. ( hense why the show was a failure )

Reports of santa bringing toys to goody kids go way back too but yeah.

Edited by the13bats
added, to clarify
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, lol, you have heard me speak of my mental issues. Not so much the last year thats a whole other story but all my life i remember all kinds of pointless crap, i can quote lines of a flick i saw once in 82 that i didnt even like, i will pretty much remember every song in order i played at the club, my hobbies included classic vettes and people still email asking stuff about the 68-82s, it sometimes drives tina nuts, so the BF trivia i will read something and not forget it, now this all might sound like a gift its not, ever see that "B" movie "scanners" where those people heads their thoughts were like a blender on puree thats how i feel most of the time very draining,  i get stressed its worse.

But the last year or maybe longer its weird different like my mind is getting too full and needs a cleaning and defragging, lol thibgs far less clear lots of brain fog, damn covid vax.

See how rambling that was? My mind is terrible thing to taste just ask any zombie.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Just having a joke with bats but you have to admit that Google Earth pic is pathetic evidence at best, more like a stab in the dark at nothing. As you know I've experienced some weird stuff myself but I have to draw the line at a proposed species with no DNA evidence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokeycat said:

If it was a Bigfoot, it would be a very flat/squashed (Sasquatched) one.

Capture3.jpg

The techniques Google Earth use to calculate the 3d view appear to be fairly complex, ranging from Space Shuttle data from 2009 (with ~6M or so vertical accuracy) through to 25cm accuracy using LIDAR in some regions, all of which are interpolated into a height map.

As such, I wouldn't particularly rely on its calculated height projection of temporary features.

That all said, I don't have any strong opinions on this one in either direction, which is why I just posted the pics for everyone else to hash it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

The techniques Google Earth use to calculate the 3d view appear to be fairly complex, ranging from Space Shuttle data from 2009 (with ~6M or so vertical accuracy) through to 25cm accuracy using LIDAR in some regions, all of which are interpolated into a height map.

As such, I wouldn't particularly rely on its calculated height projection of temporary features.

That all said, I don't have any strong opinions on this one in either direction, which is why I just posted the pics for everyone else to hash it out.

Then if i were a believer who was at a dead end to prove this is a creature i would likely try to find a Google earth image where it made a person look like our black blob flat on the ground subject of this thread.

Finding that of course only shows google earth has flaws it still doesnt prove this is a creature at this point we need a video to show it "wandering" without such video this isnt any better than all the tree stumps and bushes people claim are BF or river trolls.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, simplybill said:

That’s a much better perspective, especially when pointing out which direction the erosion channels are facing. Now I’m thinking the dark spots are merely tree shadows at sunrise.

It would be worth noting that, on that small area of the slope, its orientation is only slightly SW, though the area lies near lower elevations of a very pronounced SW-oriented formation. That said, the shadows could also be somewhat affected by the azimuth angle of the documenting camera(s) coupled with the time of day. Another perspective related to the previous:

1660000079_UMfootie3-Copy.thumb.jpg.872e89bc6e0099e699524f5af3075ac8.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

Looking at the right side of this pic you posted why is our "subject" the only one called BF  seems there are countless non descript black blobs in this pic that could be called BF, or whatever creature a person dreamed up.

Yes, that does appear to be a possibility.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 6:40 AM, Resume said:

Nope.  I thought that since the coordinates are available, maybe an intrepid reporter from the Daily Record, or perhaps an enterprising bigfooter might check them out and eliminate other possibilities, like a pond, etc.

Well someone did come forward and categorically state that when he stood in the same place as the “Bigfoot” he had a creepy feeling. No further proof requires as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I read about this earlier last month and found it completely unconvincing. I tend to agree it looks like a puddle, or scuff in the grass.

• Like 1