Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are excess deaths still so high?

itsnotoutthere

Around the middle of last year, researchers in several countries started noticing something disturbing: despite the fall in Covid deaths everywhere, excess deaths (compared to the pre-pandemic five-year average) were actually rising. Even more worryingly, a disproportionate number of those excess deaths were occurring in young people. This was the opposite of what you would expect in the receding phase of a pandemic — one which had largely spared young people in the first place.

Some researchers sounded the alarm, but were largely ignored by governments, public health authorities and the mainstream media. It was a curious response from those who in the previous two and a half years had justified the complete upending of human societies on the basis of “preserving life”.

Throughout the second half of 2022, however, excess deaths have continued to rise at faster rates, and have continued to do so in the first weeks of 2023, to the point that the problem has become impossible to ignore.

https://unherd.com/2023/01/why-are-excess-deaths-still-so-high/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Anything but.

I know...gas stoves and racism!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

the problem has become impossible to ignore

Not to worry, ignore it they will.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Of course it will be ignored. It's a fresh steaming pile of horse hockey. The claims of excess deaths are a social media rumour.

Stats:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-p-scores-average-baseline?country=AUS~USA~GBR~NZL~IRL~England+%26+Wales~FRA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:47 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Around the middle of last year, researchers in several countries started noticing something disturbing: despite the fall in Covid deaths everywhere, excess deaths (compared to the pre-pandemic five-year average) were actually rising. Even more worryingly, a disproportionate number of those excess deaths were occurring in young people. This was the opposite of what you would expect in the receding phase of a pandemic — one which had largely spared young people in the first place.

Some researchers sounded the alarm, but were largely ignored by governments, public health authorities and the mainstream media. It was a curious response from those who in the previous two and a half years had justified the complete upending of human societies on the basis of “preserving life”.

Throughout the second half of 2022, however, excess deaths have continued to rise at faster rates, and have continued to do so in the first weeks of 2023, to the point that the problem has become impossible to ignore.

https://unherd.com/2023/01/why-are-excess-deaths-still-so-high/

It could be that lockdowns slowed the spread of viruses now doing their rounds killing off those that they would have claimed.

But it could be something more sinister too. Why has the Pfizer vaccine safety data got a 75 secrecy order on it?

• Like 2

She probably had a mild case of climate change.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:38 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Not to worry, ignore it they will.

It's amazing the lengths some folks will go to to avoid admitting they might be wrong on this subject.  My daughter took that vaccine and I pray for her every day.  I hope to be proven wrong on my belief that the vaccines are responsible for this trend. :( 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

In other words, more young people are dying today in Britain than before, or even during, the pandemic — and we don’t know why. 

So says the article. The conclusion that it must be the vaccine is not supported by the facts, just that we don't know why.  I sure agree it would be good to find out.  Do we study the problem of find an esoteric site on the internet that will tell us what we want to hear?

So, show us some numbers, we may be wrong.  How many people died of covid without vaccinations?   How many young people have died of heart related causes that have been vaccinated..... that have not been explained by any other means?  How many young people died of the same heart problems without taking the vaccine?

Is it 1.5% versus .2%  or what?  If you have a 1.5% chance of dying without the drug and .2% with the drug, what do you choose?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nope the cases of deaths had a slow increase, it was not excessive https://news.yahoo.com/area-covid-19-deaths-climb-045900042.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall 

Also " It's the point at which enough people have immunity to a pathogen to "limit the impact" it has on death rates globally. At an executive board meeting, World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the COVID-19 pandemic "may be" approaching this milestone." from this article https://news.yahoo.com/covid-emergency-over-093945226.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 5:15 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

She probably had a mild case of climate change.

Amazing how the common cold can cause heart inflammation and put you in the ER. :whistle:

• Like 3

Keep getting those jabs, Trump recommends it. Warp Speed baby! :w00t:

Warp4.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Amazing how the common cold can cause heart inflammation and put you in the ER. :whistle:

Sigh Covid is not the common cold. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Sigh Covid is not the common cold. 

If you watched the video, she said she had to go to the hospital for chest pains. The doctors said it was caused by the cold.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, Hawken said:

Keep getting those jabs, Trump recommends it. Warp Speed baby! :w00t:

Warp4.jpg

Math isn't your strong point is it 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/importance-of-partisanship-predicting-vaccination-status/ 

Nor is thinking I take it 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9115435/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS29tz2cTB872wIWJsdpoL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxmmKFdzk1ZGYYBKLJUoX

27 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

emoyawn2.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hawken said:

emoyawn2.gif

Yeah we know.

You don't need no stoopid facts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRERnFGwJuwTE9_yqCDskS

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yeah we know.

You don't need no stoopid facts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRERnFGwJuwTE9_yqCDskS

We can exchange links all day and nothing will get accomplished. You would say my source is rightwing and reject it.

And the same with you on your leftwing sources. It all ends up where the dog is chasing his tail. So, what is the truth?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hawken said:

We can exchange links all day and nothing will get accomplished. You would say my source is rightwing and reject it.

And the same with you on your leftwing sources. It all ends up where the dog is chasing his tail. So, what is the truth?

Medicine. Facts 

Not politics. 

It's honestly that easy. Covid doesn't give a crap if you are left or right. Truth is Trump downplayed Covid to begin with. It was a bad move and it gave a bad influence to a great many people. It's good in the end that he finally caught up with the real situation but he left droves of people knee deep in misinformation. To this day some still believe stupid things like the pandemic was created to hurt his election chances or that mask wearing is a complete waste of time. He doesn't believe that though. He got jabbed, he wore masks. Yet his supporters don't. Isn't that rather enlightening in itself?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

How about both sides had points where they fell short in handling the Covid situation. Did that ever come to your mind?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

How about both sides had points where they fell short in handling the Covid situation. Did that ever come to your mind?

I did notice that both sides only reported the deaths and not the recoveries. I had the sense that both sides were trying

to instill fear rather than hope to the public. I looked at the stats and the recoveries far outweigh the deaths.

Diseases like Cancer & CVD have lesser odds of survival. And they're not contagious. 

Here are the numbers on Covid that are from 2020 to present. United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Hawken said:

I did notice that both sides only reported the deaths and not the recoveries. I had the sense that both sides were trying

to instill fear rather than hope to the public. I looked at the stats and the recoveries far outweigh the deaths.

Diseases like Cancer & CVD have lesser odds of survival. And they're not contagious. 

Here are the numbers on Covid that are from 2020 to present. United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

What on earth are you talking about?

Cases, deaths and recoveries are at your link. Listed in that order from the top of the page in large bold text. 

Not to mention what do you think total cases minus the death count yells us? That would be recoveries wouldn't it?

mRNA has provided a cancer breakthrough. Did you know mrna tailored cancer treatments are being turned out to ten thousand people in the UK? 

The lessons learned through Covid have resulted in breakthroughs regarding personalising cancer treatments. mRNA looks like it will be a game changer in the medical field.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/101834788

From your link (recoveries listed) 

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

• Like 1

The most likely cause for non-COVID-19 excess deaths, the Actuaries Institute suggests, is ‘post-COVID-19 sequelae or interactions with other causes of death’ that may be having a ‘high’ impact in Australia.

‘Studies have shown that COVID-19 is associated with higher subsequent mortality risk from heart disease and other causes,’ its analysis states.

‘However, we understand that medical science has not yet established a causative link that would allow, say, a heart attack several months after a COVID-19 infection to be attributed back to COVID-19.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/why-are-more-people-dying-in-australia-many-questi

What would them haiku cherrys know.

One simple word:

PIG FARMER

I heard itb on the wireless.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:47 PM, and-then said:

It's amazing the lengths some folks will go to to avoid admitting they might be wrong on this subject.  My daughter took that vaccine and I pray for her every day.  I hope to be proven wrong on my belief that the vaccines are responsible for this trend. :( 

How can mRNA vaccines be responsible when the OP claims the same trend is seen in China, which didn't use them?

• Thanks 1