Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Birdman of Lascaux and Sirius

The Puzzler

1 minute ago, The Puzzler said:

Through Native Americans? I don’t doubt it.

A 2011 study found that Denisovan DNA is prevalent in Aboriginal Australians, Near Oceanians, Polynesians,”

Like like the Polynesians and even our indigenous people I mentioned. It’s ages old. 

3A7BC27C-DB27-47E2-BCAE-8D47D43F2B50.jpeg

Passed down from the Dreamtime x

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Would you clarify this segment please because as written it’s a mashup. 

cormac

Many South Asian Homo Erectus remains are probably Denisovan.

4 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Through Native Americans? I don’t doubt it.

A 2011 study found that Denisovan DNA is prevalent in Aboriginal Australians, Near Oceanians, Polynesians,”

Like like the Polynesians and even our indigenous people I mentioned. It’s ages old. 

3A7BC27C-DB27-47E2-BCAE-8D47D43F2B50.jpeg

That could of been made by H. Sapiens who resided in the same spot.

@Thanos5150 has a good link on it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

Thanks, that made sense and may be true to some degree. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

You know what word I loathe on UM…? Probably, second loathed word…could.

Cite your references or go home. I have to.

The Birdman of Lascaux is PROBABLY Orion and his staff COULD be Sirius. I know lol 

• Haha 1

My next theory is the timeframes that Sirius disappeared..around 19,000-15,000BC from view in the various parts of the World, not appearing again until Gobekli Tepe times 10,000-8,000BC…..was this star seen to fall, below the horizon? To die, then rise again….? Was the shaman carrying the bird staff in memory of the time of Sirius? Or were the people who continued the legacy in parts of the world that may still have seen Sirius, somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere…? I have endless questions, 

I read it’s Horus also, the Orion I state, in the cave paintings with the bird head. Connections/correlations/CONCEPTS …just like words are concepts.

Edited by The Puzzler

17 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

You know what word I loathe on UM…? Probably, second loathed word…could.

Cite your references or go home. I have to.

I can't post links on my field tablet so I tagged someone who could.

You know what I can't stand. Mass comparison and the inability to figure out the human mind works the same and unconnected groups will come up with the same idea.

16 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

The Birdman of Lascaux is PROBABLY Orion and his staff COULD be Sirius. I know lol 

ok then........:unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I can't post links on my field tablet so I tagged someone who could.

You know what I can't stand. Mass comparison and the inability to figure out the human mind works the same and unconnected groups will come up with the same idea.

ok then........:unsure2:

So do you think the cave art represents Taurus, Orion and Sirius?

The bracelet before was created around 40,000 BC…

“Homo sapiens invented the first forms of drilling around 35,000 BC.”

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/denisovan-bracelet-824689a12d3e#:~:text=The deposits of chlorastrolite were,Homo sapiens at the time

This is why it’s attributed to Denisovans.

But I’m more than happy to blow 5,000 years here and there…

35 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

So do you think the cave art represents Taurus, Orion and Sirius?

Anything is just a guess. It could represent a form of shaman.

• Thanks 1

Do we know whether the bull, person and bird on a stick were even painted in the same time period? Later paintings were made irrespective of the size and orientation of prior, existing paintings. What you show could be a mashup of different painters separated by thousands of years. It's just a wild guess to attribute any meaning to any ancient paintings. We can't imagine their world view any more than they could imagine ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I don't know what you mean: those cave paintings Puzzler posted are to be found in Lascaux:

http://www.visual-arts-cork.com/prehistoric/lascaux-cave-paintings.htm

The people DIDN’T come from France, go to Taiwan then Polynesia which is what you were suggesting. 

cormac

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The people DIDN’T come from France, go to Taiwan then Polynesia which is what you were suggesting. 

cormac

And you really thought I was serious?

God have mercy...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

And you really thought I was serious?

God have mercy...

One never knows for sure with you. 

cormac

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Hmm. Let's say that when I make a ridiculous statement by which I sort of show to 'understand' what someone is meaning, and end with "Right." then you can safely assume I was NOT serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

This is true. I never said they did, to be clear.

So why connect them at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

And I also think this is a language problem.

I do my best to write proper English, but you misunderstanding me shows I still have a lot to learn concerning sayings, proverbs, sarcasm, irony, and all the other niceties of the Angry-Saxon language.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

Sirius disappeared..around 19,000-15,000BC from view in the various parts of the World, not appearing again until Gobekli Tepe times 10,000-8,000BC…..was this star seen to fall, below the horizon? To die, then rise again….? Was the shaman carrying the bird staff in memory of the time of Sirius?

Let me get this right: Sirius disappeared, somewhere during a 4000 year period?  And it reappeared some time during a 2000-year window?  But for between five and eleven thousand years people kept the memory alive with images* like these?

I can picture the scene.  For thousands of years little cave-boys and little cave-girls would ask, "why does that bird have such a long leg?", and their wise and wrinkly parents would answer, "well, that's Sirius, innit? no-one has seen it for (between five and eleven) thousand years."  And then the children would ask, "why has that man got a stiffie in front of the bull? what's that all about?"  And their wise, wrinkled elders would blush and fall silent, and pretend they didn't know.  But they knew

image.png.c5b60db808df78d512743e78dc829f29.png

* I'm hoping there are more examples than just this one?  And this isn't simply the single, solitary example of pareidolia and an overactive imagination. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

I do my best to write proper English, but you misunderstanding me shows I still have a lot to learn concerning sayings, proverbs, sarcasm, irony, and all the other niceties of the Angry-Saxon language.

I can't teach my wife English humor....:no:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

So why connect them at all?

People don’t have to all come from somewhere to have a religious connection. While one group was in France, the same cultural ideals were taken somewhere else from a core area even before Lascaux, dispersed by an elite group of shamans, who became priestly lines in some cultures, stayed shamanic in others. The concept spread. Just like North American native people share many old pre-split worshipping idols, shamanism etc with cultures of Europe. Just like everything, the ideas can spread through just a few. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Your English is fine IMO, I wouldn’t even know English was not your first language.

Im pretty sure cormac read it like me, it seemed more sarcasm than humour tbh….so it sounded like a sarcastic, smart ass question you were asking me, that you thought I was thinking…

A good old lol at the end always helps the humour factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Your English is fine IMO, I wouldn’t even know English was not your first language.

Im pretty sure cormac read it like me, it seemed more sarcasm than humour tbh….so it sounded like a sarcastic, smart ass question you were asking me, that you thought I was thinking…

A good old lol at the end always helps the humour factor.

Nope, didn’t take it as sarcasm, took it as it appeared which seemed to be a misunderstanding on Abe’s part of what your link was saying . If it was sarcasm on his part then it got missed. 

cormac

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Let me get this right: Sirius disappeared, somewhere during a 4000 year period?  And it reappeared some time during a 2000-year window?  But for between five and eleven thousand years people kept the memory alive with images* like these?

I can picture the scene.  For thousands of years little cave-boys and little cave-girls would ask, "why does that bird have such a long leg?", and their wise and wrinkly parents would answer, "well, that's Sirius, innit? no-one has seen it for (between five and eleven) thousand years."  And then the children would ask, "why has that man got a stiffie in front of the bull? what's that all about?"  And their wise, wrinkled elders would blush and fall silent, and pretend they didn't know.  But they knew

image.png.c5b60db808df78d512743e78dc829f29.png

* I'm hoping there are more examples than just this one?  And this isn't simply the single, solitary example of pareidolia and an overactive imagination. 

I gave those timeframes as it’s hard to pinpoint the date precisely, as some parts of the world, it was still in view.

I do t have Cybersky on my iPad, it’s on my computer which is not being used. Otherwise I could give you better dates from each point.

Yes, Christianity has been going a mere 2000 years as we know it, I’d think it will easy be known for another 2000 years.

Common religious motifs never die. They just replaced by new ones.

It’s not just my imagination that sees it, as I showed and I intend to download this PDF today to see what this guy has to say about it more.

E6B68764-9931-4D0C-B2EA-0DE991496AC8.jpeg