Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'We Are Still Failing Badly': Al Gore Delivers Fiery Remarks On Climate Change Dangers

WVK

Perhaps it is because of the amount of private jets flown to these climate change conferences.  They can have the meeting remotely.   

118 private jets flew to the conference in 2021.  They emitted more CO2 than my family will in a lifetime. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverwilliams1/2021/11/05/118-private-jets-take-leaders-to-cop26-climate-summit-burning-over-1000-tons-of-co2/?sh=746ee96c53d9 

• Like 3

Mr. Gore is insufficiently fiery.

If he was sufficiently fiery, it would not be so cold hereabouts.

Heat up, Mr. Gore! I require at least ten degrees Celsius more heat to feel less uncomfortable. (For free of course, so do not expect me to give you any money.)

• Haha 1

South Park - Al Gore And ManBearPig! by GeoNinjaNine on DeviantArt

• Haha 2

We are failing badly because to my knowledge nobody addresses our overpopulation problem.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

Yep, apparently so.

But as George Carlin says it.

Earth will be fine in the long one, its we who are ******.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, openozy said:

That didn't debunk anything or even mention overpopulation. The world is a fish bowl and it's getting too crowded, simple as that.

Elon Musk had an interesting take on that.  He says it is quite the opposite.  He sites that in Japan and several other countries the sale of adult diapers hugely out weigh the sale of actual baby diapers, from which he concluded that overpopulation is a myth.

The truth is that there are more baby boomers reaching the age of incontinence than there are babies being born currently.  Not hard to qualify actually if you think about the vast number of Condom stores and the huge threat of stds and the (until just very recently) alarming and ever increasing abortion rate.

Overpopulation is certainly a problem but the only viable solution to that seems to be an all out nuclear war...which while we don't really want that...would certainly go along way to ending the overpopulation problem.

And then the rest of the truth is that Climate Change is a myth all by itself.   The climate changes all the time and the climate changes cyclically.  Ice ages come and ice ages go.  Dinosaurs come and dinosaurs go.  Humans came and humans will go.  sigh  it's called The Universe.

It is only the crowd that thinks an invisible entity created us out of whole cloth that can't see that.   right?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joc said:

Elon Musk had an interesting take on that.  He says it is quite the opposite.  He sites that in Japan and several other countries the sale of adult diapers hugely out weigh the sale of actual baby diapers, from which he concluded that overpopulation is a myth.

I heard something similar that China is having trouble because of the one child policy in that there aren't enough young workers to support the elderly population. I think both these are talking about this on a financial level. Numbers are not a myth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

And then the rest of the truth is that Climate Change is a myth all by itself. 

Climate change from our doing? Well we are helping to destroy the planet for us in other ways. When I was about 4 I thought that when I die it will be one less human burden on the planet and I still think this way.

1 hour ago, joc said:

It is only the crowd that thinks an invisible entity created us out of whole cloth that can't see that.   right?

Typical humans, poor God.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

That didn't debunk anything or even mention overpopulation. The world is a fish bowl and it's getting too crowded, simple as that.

How's this for an eye opener.......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUiCS_knHZF4gh1y2R0Ej

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

All humans are good for is backfill, lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Nah, I'm atheist. 

I can't deny the science behind human driven climate change. It's a real thing. The dinosaurs died out through natural events. Venus is a hell because of runaway global warming. It's also a natural thing, which is how we know our impact is significant. Dinosaurs didn't die because the climate changed, something changed the climate. Namely volcanoes and a bloody big rock. We're doing a similar thing with cars and farming. Just a bit slower. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, openozy said:

All humans are good for is backfill, lol.

My dog would beg to differ. 

According to her I have many uses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

I don't think they had cloth back then, just clay.  

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Nah, I'm atheist. 

I can't deny the science behind human driven climate change. It's a real thing. The dinosaurs died out through natural events. Venus is a hell because of runaway global warming. It's also a natural thing, which is how we know our impact is significant. Dinosaurs didn't die because the climate changed, something changed the climate. Namely volcanoes and a bloody big rock. We're doing a similar thing with cars and farming. Just a bit slower. 

I'm good with that.  Elephants for example change the course of rivers, etc.  (well, back when there actually were elephants)...which is completely natural.

So if humans are changing the climate by what they do, natural as well right?  So, are we destroying the planet?  No...we may be destroying ourselves but the undeniable truth is that Empires come and Empires go.  Species come and species go.  And if the Earth becomes a big dead rock like every other planet...well...what is the big deal exactly?  Eventually our sun will go supernova and then what?  Exactly!  Life seeks comfort.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Ya...let's go with that!  So, AI decides humans must go...the logical thing to do is place them all in a big hole so they pile them all up in the GC and then...millions of years from now a new species of intelligence discovers a very large pool of oil in what use to be the Grand Canyon...and wallah...the entire thing begins all over again.  

Hey can you do that with fire ants?  What would it look like if you could put all the fire ant mounds on the planet in the grand canyon?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, joc said:

this crowd thinks it’s possible:

Michael Behe, John Lennox, and Steven Meyer are three of the leading voices in science and academia on the case for an intelligent designer of the universe and everything in it (including us). In this wide-ranging conversation, they point out the flaws in Darwin’s theory and the increasing amount of evidence uncovered by a rigorous application of the scientific method that points to an intentional design and creation of the physical world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXexaVsvhCM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WVK said:

Michael Behe, John Lennox, and Steven Meyer are three of the leading voices in science and academia on the case for an intelligent designer of the universe and everything in it (including us). In this wide-ranging conversation, they point out the flaws in Darwin’s theory and the increasing amount of evidence uncovered by a rigorous application of the scientific method that points to an intentional design and creation of the physical world.

Who cares what a bunch of old white haired men think?  Silliness!  Leading voices on BS.  How ridiculous.  The mere thought that 'something' created Trillions of Galaxies, on purpose, for the sole purpose of creating us?  Insanity at it's best. B)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, openozy said:

I heard something similar that China is having trouble because of the one child policy in that there aren't enough young workers to support the elderly population. I think both these are talking about this on a financial level. Numbers are not a myth.

Much of the issue was with taking care of the elders.  If the 1 child didn't want to take care of their parents of was passed or unable to take care of them, it is an issue.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:19 PM, joc said:

I'm good with that.  Elephants for example change the course of rivers, etc.  (well, back when there actually were elephants)...which is completely natural.

So if humans are changing the climate by what they do, natural as well right?  So, are we destroying the planet?  No...we may be destroying ourselves but the undeniable truth is that Empires come and Empires go.  Species come and species go.  And if the Earth becomes a big dead rock like every other planet...well...what is the big deal exactly?  Eventually our sun will go supernova and then what?  Exactly!  Life seeks comfort.

It's just that you can't do stuff like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdfeysFoPfYGm6sbZCgCq

And not expect some sort of repercussions. 

The planet doesn't care. After a few thousand years it would be hard to tell the planet was ever inhabited should we all disappear tomorrow. 

And it may get hit by another big rock and mimic Venus. 

But you keep rolling along, we will need to clean up after ourselves is all. What we are doing is warming making glaciers melt and ice disappear. When that happens we get an increase in volcanic activity and things accelerate again. 

https://geosciences.princeton.edu/news/deccan-volcanism-caused-mass-extinction-66-million-years-ago

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:43 PM, WVK said:

Leading voices in academia?????

Rigorous scientific application?

Not from those blokes. Half assed opinions would be a more accurate description. 

Discovery institute qualifications aren't real qualifications. 

That crowd are just a bunch of god botherers trying to push an opinion. 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:49 PM, joc said:

Who cares what a bunch of old white haired men think?  Silliness!  Leading voices on BS.  How ridiculous.  The mere thought that 'something' created Trillions of Galaxies, on purpose, for the sole purpose of creating us?  Insanity at it's best. B)

Churchgoers care. 

That's about it. 

It's utter nonsense. 

• Like 1