Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cops shoot dead double amputee as he tries to run

pellinore

A group of California police officers shot and killed a double amputee on Thursday as he tried to run away from them on his stumps after jumping out of his wheelchair. 

The three cops from Huntington Park Police Department were filmed firing at least eight shots at Anthony Lowe Jr., a 36-year-old father-of-two. 

His family say he lost the lower halves of his legs recently after an altercation with police in Texas.  

Huntington Park cops shoot dead double amputee Anthony Lowe Jr as he tries to run | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

Yeah, well, maybe drop the knife at some point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Cho Jinn said:

Yeah, well, maybe drop the knife at some point.

Farking really? Isn't that what tazers are for? More damm cop cowardice.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Punctuation
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Quote from article:

"The suspect was tased at least twice by Huntington Park Officers but the deployment of the taser was ineffective."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Abramelin said:

Quote from article:

"The suspect was tased at least twice by Huntington Park Officers but the deployment of the taser was ineffective."

It's not like stumpy was going to get far. Still no excuse for shooting him. Hell, you could have stopped him with a dip net. A four foot stick would have knocked the knife out of his hand. Cops can't think beyond the barrel of their guns. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's not like stumpy was going to get far. Still no excuse for shooting him. Hell, you could have stopped him with a dip net. A four foot stick would have knocked the knife out of his hand. Cops can't think beyond the barrel of their guns. 

If someone wanted to throw a knife at me, I'd probably have shot the motherf too.

Just before this guy had stabbed someone.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

If someone wanted to throw a knife at me, I'd probably have shot the motherf too.

Why did he stab someone else? The article didn't say. You really think stumpy in his state, had the ability, and balance to throw his knife accurately? I wonder if they fist bumped afterward? I still say they're cowards. 

The article also didn't say what happened to his legs that cops were involved in.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

He was out running them. Too many donuts.

• Haha 1

Having a couple of cops present appears to enable all kinds of unexpected movements.

I wonder how people in coma would respond. Would they awaken?

Paraplegics? Would they move their limbs?

People who are constipated? Would they suddenly present bowel movements?

• Like 1

Whew!

He had just stabbed someone and was trying to flee on his stumps 

Well i cant speak for this guy rip but i knew a guy lost both legs and he could outdo most with legs, my dads grandpa was missing an arm and never could keep farm help because he said he wouldnt pay a person with two hands who could keep up with his one.

So the fact this cat could and did run on stumps and did just stab a person forgive me if i lack sympathy in that aspect, and then he lost his legs due to some other issue with cops, seems he has problems with LEOs.

Thats all i know right now and im too lazy to hunt up his arrest records.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

…….His family say he lost the lower halves of his legs recently after an altercation with police in Texas. ……

….Lowe Jr. had just stabbed someone unprovoked, according to the police department, and was trying to run away from two officers on Thursday….

…..The suspect attempted to throw the butcher knife at the officers again, at which time an officer involved shooting occurred,' the LA County Sheriff's Office release said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11697109/Huntington-Park-cops-shoot-dead-double-amputee-Anthony-Lowe-Jr-tries-run.html

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Hey, my brother hope you doing well, hey Abe this entire post is not directed at you so please don’t take it that way.:tu:

I think under the circumstances killing the guy was certainly an excessive use of force. I also believe the police officers fired those shoots should be tried for manslaughter in the first degree. As, it turns out the handicapped individual was suffering from a psychotic break and was not responsible for his actions at the time he was shoot and killed. But, even beyond that more than that, they shot him in the back multiple times. In my experience the Cops were cowards, given the fact that they chose to execute the man when they could have forcibly disarmed him, I hope the crucify the Police Officers 

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics

As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice, or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession... law enforcement.

New California State Law on the Use of Deadly force.

“”The Department's guiding principle when using force shall be reverence for human life. Officers shall attempt to control anincident by using time, distance, communications, and available resourcesin an effort to de-escalate the situation, whenever it is safe, feasible, and reasonable to do so. As stated below, when warranted, Department personnel may use objectively reasonable force to carry out their duties. Officersmay use deadly force only whenthey reasonably believe, based
on the totalityofcircumstances, that such forceis necessary ni defense of human life. Officers who use unreasonable force degrade the confidence of the community we serve, expose fellow officers to physical hazards, violate the law and rights of individualsupon whom unreasonable force or unnecessary deadly force is used, and subject the Department and themselves to potential civil and criminal liability. Conversely, officers who fail to use force when warranted may endanger themselves, the community and fellow officers.””

https://lapdonlinestrgeacc.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/lapdonlinemedia/2021/12/Policy-Use-of-Force-Revised.pdf

2 hours ago, Ell said:

Having a couple of cops present appears to enable all kinds of unexpected movements.

I wonder how people in coma would respond. Would they awaken?

Paraplegics? Would they move their limbs?

People who are constipated? Would they suddenly present bowel movements?

Your not funny Dude, just Weird and Creepy 

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, that’s what should have happened but they claim the Tazers had no.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics

It are usually psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists that require a code of ethics as their crutch in life.

Your not funny Dude, just Weird and Creepy 

I am proud to be a Dude and to be Weird and Creepy. I thank you for the compliments.

I also have tentacles.

• Like 1

Should not have shot this guy.  Corner him, get your bean bag rounds out of the trunk, taze some more, pepper spray, whatever.  This was an unnecessary shooting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As long as they stayed far enough behind him while keeping him in pursuit mode he would have tired and surrendered. Calling out to people in his path to clear the way would have kept others from his path would have kept them safe. He would have eventually given up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Why did he stab someone else? The article didn't say. You really think stumpy in his state, had the ability, and balance to throw his knife accurately? I wonder if they fist bumped afterward? I still say they're cowards. 

The article also didn't say what happened to his legs that cops were involved in.

I couldn't care less what his motives were, or if he was capable of throwing that knife accurately: he tries to kill me, so I try to be faster than he is. I'm not going to delve into his psyche while his intent is to kill me on the spot. Cripple or not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I couldn't care less what his motives were, or if he was capable of throwing that knife accurately: he tries to kill me, so I try to be faster than he is. I'm not going to delve into his psyche while his intent is to kill me on the spot. Cripple or not.

See post #16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

See post #16

A lot of "would have".

Not convincing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Abramelin said:

A lot of "would have".

Not convincing.

You sound scared. Are you scared stumpy could catch up to you? No, you'd rather stand your ground so you could be a hero in your own eyes. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Abramelin said:

A lot of "would have".

Not convincing.

Okay, stumpy is escaping LEO and heading towards your loved one, will you run up and ask him to be cool, Hope he chills and doesnt bury his knife in your or yours.

People looney people are unpredictable a guys running at me or my wife especially with a knife away for cops im not gonna use kind words to protect us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay, stumpy is escaping LEO and heading towards your loved one, will you run up and ask him to be cool, Hope he chills and doesnt bury his knife in your or yours.

If he has a knife in his hand and out to stab us, I will use anything to stop him. Could be a brick, a stick, a fist, or a gun. And that will 'chill' him.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

You sound scared. Are you scared stumpy could catch up to you? No, you'd rather stand your ground so you could be a hero in your own eyes. 

It has nothing to do with being a hero. The guy had been tased several times, but it didn't stop him. Talking sense into the guy most certainly would not have stopped him.

So you wouldn't be scared at all. Right. Daily business as usual.

To what address should we sent flowers to?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

If he has a knife in his hand and out to stab us, I will use anything to stop him. Could be a brick, a stick, a fist, or a gun. And that will 'chill' him.

26 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

It has nothing to do with being a hero. The guy had been tased several times, but it didn't stop him. Talking sense into the guy most certainly would not have stopped him.

I am no chest pounding badass by a long shot but in my work in clubs ive been in all kinds of mayhem through the years lucky mostly just broken nose a time or 3 or bottle to the head and when a person is in rage gone, melted down a person just doesnt know and i am not going to take a chance and get hurt or killed or have my loved ones hurt if i can help, its not about being a hero.

I tell you what if stumpy was heading at anyone when LEO took him out LEO is a hero in my book.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

To stumpies widow. U.K cops are hero's compared to these Judge Dredd wannabes. 

With the equipment they have on hand? No, I wouldn't be particularly scared. But then, I'm Canadian. 

• Like 1