Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daylight UFO (1978)

• The title was changed to Daylight UFO (1978)
1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Why would you panic?

People panicked over an earthly virus. Imagine aliens. Just like the War of the Worlds radio show back in 1937 with Orson Wells.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

People panicked over an earthly virus. Imagine aliens. Just like the War of the Worlds radio show back in 1937 with Orson Wells.

Thr WOTW aftermath was a beat up.

Consumers reacting to apprehension about supply is panic?  So preppers are panicking too?  Boxing day shoppers are panicking?

OK I see where you set the bar.

I note that you didn't answer the question of why you would panic; but, projected behaviour on to others.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hawken said:

Orson Wells mass panic, not so much.

Would you panic? If so why?

The idea of panic if people learned aliens are real and here is more a tool of "day of disclosure" loons than any real threat of chaos.

I dont believe aliens are here or will be any time soon, and if they were what will they be like if they come in guns blazing i guess most folks wont have much time to panic and if they come in cool no one needs to panic.

I also dont get freaked out over hurricanes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Vaz said:

A lovely eyewitness case from the 70's with some compelling images.

I wouldnt call the witness "lovely".

Not sure you and i use "compelling" the same way,

Since its your thread how about posting the compelling images so we can discuss them.

44 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Orson Wells mass panic, not so much.

Would you panic? If so why?

The idea of panic if people learned aliens are real and here is more a tool of "day of disclosure" loons than any real threat of chaos.

I dont believe aliens are here or will be any time soon, and if they were what will they be like if they come in guns blazing i guess most folks wont have much time to panic and if they come in cool no one needs to panic.

I also dont get freaked out over hurricanes.

My guess is that a lot of people didn't have radios back then to hear the broadcast. It was the depression. But the one's that did panicked.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hawken said:

My guess is that a lot of people didn't have radios back then to hear the broadcast. It was the depression. But the one's that did panicked.

Did you read the link?

My grandmother was there then and was flabbergasted when she heard of panic as she said she listened to the radio show which did make it clear it was a halloween show.

No, its a myth lots of people panicked.

I also really didnt see "panic" during covid a few people acted like loons thats to be expected but there were no mad max shoot outs for toilet paper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Did you read the link?

My grandmother was there then and was flabbergasted when she heard of panic as she said she listened to the radio show which did make it clear it was a halloween show.

No, its a myth lots of people panicked.

I also really didnt see "panic" during covid a few people acted like loons thats to be expected but there were no mad max shoot outs for toilet paper.

Sound like your grandmother caught the entire broadcast where at the beginning it announced it was a show.

But a lot of people tuned in late and thought it was real.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Sound like your grandmother caught the entire broadcast where at the beginning it announced it was a show.

Read the link from bats:

The supposed panic was so tiny as to be practically immeasurable on the night of the broadcast.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

No, they didnt.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Here is quote from another link i will post which shows why your above thought is incorrect.

For those listeners who tuned in to Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre on the Air broadcast from 8 to 9 p.m. tonight, and did not realize that the program was merely a radio adaptation of H.G. Wells' famous novel, "War of the Worlds," we are repeating the fact, which was made clear four times on the program, that the entire content of the play was entirely fictitious.

Here is the link...

a few credulous got scared

You used this and covid as example that people would panic over aliens being here and i find those not very good example to support your opinion especially if the aliens dont start any thing.

• Like 1

You can tell those Aliens are from the 1970's in that video.  The blue , red and green disco lights and the disco jump suites give it away. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, Hawken said:

Almost no one panicked over COVID. The people who emptied the shelves of items like toilet paper were cynically taking advantage of the situation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DamienV said:

You can tell those Aliens are from the 1970's in that video.  The blue , red and green disco lights and the disco jump suites give it away. 

Bingo, thats a fatal flaw with these abduction tales and stories the story tellers always describe the aliens, craft and tech either with whats popular at the time or what they personally think "alien" tech would be, i really enjoy tales where no way the aliens by descriptions could have built and controlled their craft,

Look at betty and barney hill, at first her descriptions the aliens looked like jimmy durante then after her and barney watched an alien episode of outer limits she changed her tale tp match those aliens and their tech.

The giant rock ufo conventions where 1000s gathered and 100s made claims of meeting aliens who were friendly those aliens always looked human and craft were based on sci fi of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

Almost no one panicked over COVID. The people who emptied the shelves of items like toilet paper were cynically taking advantage of the situation.

Not just TP. People bickered with each other for not wearing their mask or getting the vaccine. Sounds like fear to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Not just TP. People bickered with each other for not wearing their mask or getting the vaccine. Sounds like fear to me.

Bickering isnt really what i call panic i see more mayhem in one of my nightclub mosh pits that i did during covid, what really sucked was most of the non maskers non vaxxers did it out of some blind poltical devotion that instilled any fears they had,

Politics has zero to do with a alleged alien close encounter from 78, its just another story with zip proof of claims.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Bickering isnt really what i call panic i see more mayhem in one of my nightclub mosh pits that i did during covid, what really sucked was most of the non maskers non vaxxers did it out of some blind poltical devotion that instilled any fears they had,

Politics has zero to do with a alleged alien close encounter from 78, its just another story with zip proof of claims.

My meme has nothing to do with politics. It was pointing out that people fear the unknown. If it's out of their realm of understanding, it rocks their world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, Hawken said:

I don't really think people were panicking over the virus.  I think they were panicking because suddenly they couldn't wipe their asses and had never really had to consider an alternative.  I mean...I was panicking...but, I just bought about ten cases of baby wipes and we were good.  ...just sayin'  

I mean right now...everyone is pretty cool with AI right?  That's because right now A stands for Artificial.  just wait until the A actually stands for Alien ...i.e....alien intelligence.  Because the AI of the 20's morphed into something so unbelievable it might as well have just come from outer space...will people panic then?  hmmm

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't really think people were panicking over the virus.  I think they were panicking because suddenly they couldn't wipe their asses and had never really had to consider an alternative.  I mean...I was panicking...but, I just bought about ten cases of baby wipes and we were good.  ...just sayin'  

I mean right now...everyone is pretty cool with AI right?  That's because right now A stands for Artificial.  just wait until the A actually stands for Alien ...i.e....alien intelligence.  Because the AI of the 20's morphed into something so unbelievable it might as well have just come from outer space...will people panic then?  hmmm

Makes me think of those Terminator movies. :gun:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hawken said:

Makes me think of those Terminator movies. :gun:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:31 AM, joc said:

Did they just melt a 3d printer rip of a lego mini fig?

• Haha 1