Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wisconsin federal judge rules wrongful death lawsuit against Kyle Rittenhouse can proceed

Grim Reaper 6

wrongful death lawsuit filed by the father of a man shot and killed by Kyle Rittenhouse during a night of tumultuous protests in 2020 may proceed, a federal in Wisconsin ruled Wednesday.  The father of Anthony Huber – one of two men Rittenhouse killed – filed the lawsuit in 2021. The lawsuit, which names Rittenhouse, police officers and others ad defendants, accuses officers of allowing for a dangerous situation that violated his son's constitutional rights and resulted in his death.  

Rittenhouse had gone to Kenosha from his home in nearby Antioch, Illinois, after businesses were ransacked and burned in the nights that followed Blake's shooting. He joined other armed civilians on the streets, carrying a weapon that authorities said was illegally purchased for him because he was underage. Rittenhouse first killed Rosenbaum, 36, in the parking lot of an auto dealership and as Rittenhouse ran from the scene he stumbled and fell. Anthony Huber, 26, struck Rittenhouse with his skateboard and tried to disarm him. Rittenhouse fell to the ground and shot Anthony Huber to death and wounded demonstrator Gaige Grosskreutz, 27.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/wisconsin-federal-judge-rules-wrongful-death-lawsuit-against-kyle-rittenhouse-can-proceed/ar-AA170Ils?crc=true&cvid=957ce67b9feb4c668404616e170598a7#image=1

075EBE07-DD87-4C3E-BFDA-D3436C9D4A7D.gif.14ee2120dbd63c4481f5228e64d933e0.gif

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If this is civil case then its gonna likely go badly for rittenhouse, its why the judge gave the nod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Is it the father of the child molester or the domestic abuser, who is suing him?  I get the two confused.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, and-then said:

Is it the father of the child molester or the domestic abuser, who is suing him?  I get the two confused.  

Idk, one of the 3 victims.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, and-then said:

Well, respectfully I don’t think it matters which father it is, because, Kile doesn’t have a leg to stand upon in this civil case. He was lucky to get away with 2 counts of 1st Degree Murder first time, and that only happened because President Trump directed interceded by bringing in Homeland Security and other Agencies to insure that Kile Rittenhouse was found not guilty. But, now little crocodile tears Kile has no one to fraudulently affect the out come of these civil charges against him. This time he is facing the full brunt of the legal system unassisted and hopefully this time the families of those he murdered will receive some justice they were previously denied, along with a very large financial award.

So, you can call people all the names you wish too, but there is no helping him now!:yes:

Report: Trump Officials Were Directed To Defend Kyle Rittenhouse Publicly, Documents Show.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/10/01/report-trump-officials-were-directed-to-defend-kyle-rittenhouse-publicly-documents-show/?sh=6b7014db6ee

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well, respectfully I don’t think it matters which father it is, because, Kile doesn’t have a leg to stand upon in this civil case. He was lucky to get away with 2 counts of 1st Degree Murder first time, and that only happened because President Trump directed interceded by bringing in Homeland Security and other Agencies to insure that Kile Rittenhouse was found not guilty. But, now little crocodile tears Kile has no one to fraudulently affect the out come of these civil charges against him. This time he is facing the full brunt of the legal system unassisted and hopefully this time the families of those he murdered will receive some justice they were previously denied, along with a very large financial award.

So, you can call people all the names you wish too, but there is no helping him now!:yes:

Report: Trump Officials Were Directed To Defend Kyle Rittenhouse Publicly, Documents Show.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/10/01/report-trump-officials-were-directed-to-defend-kyle-rittenhouse-publicly-documents-show/?sh=6b7014db6ee

Bottom line this kid flushed his life down the toilet he got a free ride his first round this time not so much so, i expect a gofundme to pop up and maybe BOM will donate to it we all saw how much BOM helped goat boy and his other barn yard oddities at the hootennanny on the 6th.

• Like 1

He was the guy who hit Rittenhouse in the head with a skateboard….

Kyle Rittenhouse's second victim had a violent criminal past, assaulting family members by threatening to 'gut his brother like a pig' and burn down their home, defense for Kenosha shooter argues

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10169537/Witness-testifies-Kyle-Rittenhouses-victim-asked-bluntly-shot.html

• Like 6

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Bottom line this kid flushed his life down the toilet he got a free ride his first round this time not so much so, i expect a gofundme to pop up and maybe BOM will donate to it we all saw how much BOM helped goat boy and his other barn yard oddities at the hootennanny on the 6th.

Well Bats, he doesn’t have the Federal Government protecting him this time. Finally, justice will be done Rittenhouse will pay and all of his little crocodile tears will not save him!.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well Bats, he doesn’t have the Federal Government protecting him this time. Finally, justice will be done Rittenhouse will pay and all of his little crocodile tears will not save him!.

Seems you are still upset about being wrong about how the Rittenhouse case went.  How exactly did the federal government protect him when a jury were the ones who found Rittenhouse not guilty.

Even then this case is almost going to certainly fail as the main charge seems to be that Kyle Rittenhouse conspired with the Kenosha police department to purposefully cause harm to the protesters.  Ironically enough the state along with Kyle Rittenhouse are both defendants in this case so unlike your claim that the federal government protected Rittenhouse from being found guilty this civil case is going to have to beat the state of Wisconsin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, and-then said:

You have a little trouble with equal justice under the law as outlined in the US Constitution don't you?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

If this is civil case then its gonna likely go badly for rittenhouse, its why the judge gave the nod.

Not if it's ruled that the lack of action by officials was the true cause of the violent protest which created the state in which Rittenhouse was forced to defend himself.  I bet he pays zero.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Seems you are still upset about being wrong about how the Rittenhouse case went.  How exactly did the federal government protect him when a jury were the ones who found Rittenhouse not guilty.

Even then this case is almost going to certainly fail as the main charge seems to be that Kyle Rittenhouse conspired with the Kenosha police department to purposefully cause harm to the protesters.  Ironically enough the state along with Kyle Rittenhouse are both defendants in this case so unlike your claim that the federal government protected Rittenhouse from being found guilty this civil case is going to have to beat the state of Wisconsin.

I wasn’t wrong then and I am certainly not wrong now, there were leaked DHS Memos that came into the procession of NBC News. That instructed DHS to make favorable comments concerning Kyle Rittenhouses actions. Then, the President of the United States personally weighs in and states that in his opinion the guy acted in self defense. These facts certainly had an effect on the individuals guilt or innocence and to my knowledge at no other time during my life time has a President or a Federal Government Agency directly involved themselves in a legal proceeding in this manner. Now, if you can prove me wrong please do, I will wait for reply.

Thanks for your comments!:tu:

Internal document shows Trump officials were told to make comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/internal-document-shows-trump-officials-were-told-make-comments-sympathetic-n1241581

Trump suggests Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self defense in deadly Kenosha shootings : https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/31/trump-suggests-accused-kenosha-killer-kyle-rittenhouse-acted-in-self-defense.html

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huber smashed him over the head with a skateboard while others were trying to take his weapon. If Huber didn't take that illegal action, he would still be alive today. If he didn't end up getting shot he'd be charged by police with aggravated assault against Kyle Rittenhouse. This is going to go nowhere fast. Kyle Rittenhouse did absolutely nothing wrong in every legal sense. His friend has already been charged with buying him a weapon when Rittenhouse was underage. But the law in Wisconsin allows minors to carry that particular weapon, so what actual law can he be charged with, even in a civil setting? 

Rittenhouse will be found Not Guilty on all counts! You heard it here first, folks, though anyone who watched the original trial will arrive at the same conclusion. The evidence is not in doubt. This is completely different to OJ Simpson (an example that has been provided in this thread) as anyone who watched that case in court (if live streams were available all those years ago) would have known that OJ was screwed in a civil trial. There was no "if the glove doesnt' fit you must acquit" bulldust that got OJ off on a technicality, Rittenhouse was not guilty in every legal sense of the term. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Not if it's ruled that the lack of action by officials was the true cause of the violent protest which created the state in which Rittenhouse was forced to defend himself.  I bet he pays zero.

The plot from Murder In The First

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Rittenhouse will be found Not Guilty on all counts! You heard it here first, folks, though anyone who watched the original trial will arrive at the same conclusion.

It's a civil case, so your presiction isn't as astute as you think.

Heads I win. Tails you lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

I'm curious, could parents of the deceased be sued for raising violent thug?

It might be tricky to prove that the parents roll caused a child to be a "violent thug" unless they did stuff like trained him that way bought him tools of the trade etc, idk some lawyer might take on the case,  there is a thread on here where a kid killed his mom because she wouldnt buy him a toy then locked up all he cared about was were his toys safe, some people are defective all on their own.

In this threads case imnsho nether skate board thug or rittenhouse should have been out adding to the mayhem, their pasts do not matter to me, each event is its own, if skate board thug was attacking rittenhouse out of no where then he made his bed, both were out there being loons, if rittenhouse just walked up shot SBT for no reason then he was wrong, as you see i dont know details on this one.

In my way of thinking there are very few examples of parents/family sueing over a deceased family member where i feel its anything more than a money grab like when zimmerman tried to sue the family of the kid he killed.

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Yeah, OJ comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

A civil trial doesn't suddenly throw out the rule of law. The standard of evidence is different in a civil trial to a criminal trial, but anyone who watched the trial will tell you that they never got even close to meeting the burden required of even a civil trial. There's going to be an objective right or wrong answer to this eventually, but for right now I have seen no compelling evidence why a civil trial would be any different to the criminal trial he easily beat. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, OJ comes to mind.

I know you don't read my posts, but I'm going to put this out there for everyone else reading - OJ was let off on a technicality, when he was retried in civil court the decision was obvious long in advance. The Rittenhouse trial is the exact opposite. The criminal trial came nowhere close to proving even a civil standard of guilt. 

That you are making this comparison tells me you haven't watched the Rittenhouse trial to know what went down there. The two cases are nothing alike! 

One of us will be proven right one day. That it's me won't change your mind, though. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Remember OJ?  Criminal trial was in his favor, then came civil lawsuit. 

After O.J. Simpson's 1995 trial, which was a criminal case, the victims' families sued Simpson for wrongful death. The civil trial began in October 1996. Simpson was found responsible for the deaths of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, and their families were awarded $33.5 million in damages.Jan 17, 2023

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Remember OJ?  Criminal trial was in his favor, then came civil lawsuit. 

If the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit !:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Huber smashed him over the head with a skateboard while others were trying to take his weapon. If Huber didn't take that illegal action, he would still be alive today. If he didn't end up getting shot he'd be charged by police with aggravated assault against Kyle Rittenhouse.

What your saying sounds resasonble, however it could also be said that if he were a good little 17 year old boy and he had stayed home three people would not have been shoot with two killed.

This is going to go nowhere fast. Kyle Rittenhouse did absolutely nothing wrong in every legal sense. His friend has already been charged with buying him a weapon when Rittenhouse was underage. But the law in Wisconsin allows minors to carry that particular weapon, so what actual law can he be charged with, even in a civil setting?

What Kyle Rittenhouse did wrong is obvious, he wasn’t prepared to act in the capacity of a police officer, a soldier, of even in the capacity of an adult. So, whether it was legal or

Civil (Wrongful Death Lawsuits) vs. Criminal (Murder Trials)  Vastly Different Burdens Of Proof

Some people get confused about the difference between wrongful death lawsuits and murder.  Generally, there are two very broad categories of lawsuits in this country, which are civil and criminal.  Civil cases involve lawsuits that individual citizens bring against each other (or against corporations or insurance companies representing either individuals or businesses).  People can hire their own private attorneys to bring civil lawsuits.   And, in most cases other than contempt, civil lawsuits do not lead to incarceration (at least not directly, meaning unless somehow the evidence presented in a civil case reveals that a criminal prosecution by the government is warranted), but rather result in payment of damages.  Criminal lawsuits are instituted by government prosecutors on behalf of the state and victims.  Wrongful death is a civil lawsuit (instituted by survivors or estates against individuals or corporations responsible for the death and which cannot directly lead to incarceration, meaning the judgment will not involve incarceration), while murder is a criminal lawsuit (instituted by criminal prosecutors and which can lead to incarceration.

Wrongful Death Lawsuits Are Brought By Different People And Involve Different Burdens of Proof At Trial

Wrongful death lawsuits are civil actions, usually filed by the estate or relatives of the deceased with the help of a wrongful death lawyer, on the basis that defendant is responsible for the deceased’s death through a careless, deliberate, or negligent act.  Wrongful death lawsuits may be based on an act that also constitutes murder as that term is defined by the criminal statutes.  But the only available remedy in a wrongful death lawsuit is the plaintiff’s financial recovery rather than punishing the defendant with incarceration or other criminal penalties.

Because they involve civil rather than criminal litigation, wrongful death lawsuits have a different burden of proof than criminal cases. In a wrongful death lawsuit, the plaintiff’s attorney generally must prove that the defendant is responsible for the death by a “preponderance of the evidence,” which means that there is at least a 51% probability (“more likely than not”) that the defendant committed the allegations in the civil complaint (the document that starts the wrongful death lawsuit).

Criminal cases has vastly different burdens of proof, which require the prosecutor to establish “beyond a reasonable doubt” that the defendant committed the crime.  And the case itself is not filed by the individual’s estate, but by the government. If convicted of murder, the individual will likely be incarcerated or even killed if the case warrants and the jury and judge agree that capital punishment is appropriate.

https://wrongfuldeathattorneyorlando.com/difference-wrongful-death-lawsuit-murder/

Rittenhouse will be found Not Guilty on all counts! You heard it here first, folks, though anyone who watched the original trial will arrive at the same conclusion. The evidence is not in doubt. This is completely different to OJ Simpson (an example that has been provided in this thread) as anyone who watched that case in court (if live streams were available all those years ago) would have known that OJ was screwed in a civil trial. There was no "if the glove doesnt' fit you must acquit" bulldust that got OJ off on a technicality, Rittenhouse was not guilty in every legal sense of the term. 

The way a civil case and a criminal cases are tried are very different I included some information for you above because your oblivious too.

Have a great day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

I will bet you 100 Pennie’s that your, if you wish to increase the bet I will match it and postage will be separate. My, mailing address on Camp Humphrey is an APO so mail rates are  same as the USA.:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2