Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pandemic Never Ended, WHO Warns

Still Waters

As much as we all desperately want it to be over, experts have concluded the COVID-19 pandemic remains a global health emergency. However, they're hoping we're reaching a transition point.

"In the past eight weeks, more than 170,000 people have lost their lives to COVID-19," World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press conference.

"And that's just the reported deaths. We know the actual number is much higher."

In their latest meeting, WHO's International Health Regulations Emergency Committee concluded that "while eliminating this virus from human and animal reservoirs is highly unlikely, mitigation of its devastating impact on morbidity and mortality is achievable and should continue to be a prioritized goal."

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-pandemic-never-ended-who-warns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dangerously dishonest people, these bureaucrats. 

• Like 2

At this point, COVID is the new flu, just deadlier, we now have to live with it.

• Like 4

On 2/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, MysteryMike said:

At this point, COVID is the new flu, just deadlier, we now have to live with it.

My thoughts exactly.

But we now have reached a point where Covid is no more dangerous than the common cold for most people.

Herd immunity is effective in many places. A headache, a mild fever, a sore throat or a few days of fatigue is now what the vast majority of people experience.

The pandemic is over IMO. We are now living with a virus that is endemic. We have no choice but to adapt to it. There are vaccines available for people that want it.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, MysteryMike said:

We do, but I think in many ways we are worse off due to how the pandemic was handled, or maybe "used" is a better term.  Our governments overreacted and caused far more long term harm than the novel virus would have.  I never minimized its dangers and I'm not one who claimed all along that it was just another flu.  BUT... after the way our countries locked people down and restricted movement and even commerce, we will be suffering the consequences for years to come.  I'm just glad we avoided the inescapable backlash of disease that the CCP caused by their total lockdowns that left millions of their citizens totally isolated from the virus while at the same time having defective vaccines that gave them no protection.

Also, when the next deadly contagion comes along, imagine how much more difficult it will be to restrict movement and commerce again.  There has been a massive loss of trust over the past few years and I don't see that returning anytime soon.  The next time government feels the need to "save us" they're going to have to work a lot harder to accomplish it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Also, when the next deadly contagion comes along, imagine how much more difficult it will be to restrict movement and commerce again. 

Oh, I disagree...it will be Easy-Peasy!  People in America have very short memories and they are so manipulatable.  We are already primed for the next Major Pandemc!  Except this one might be real...if they think Trump has a shot at the POTUS chair again.  Small Pox anyone?  March 2024 Coming soon to a City near you...MAPA.  Make America Pandemic Again!

• Like 1

Covid will always be around. It's just that it's now an epidemic and we're better able to control it.