Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hundreds of Orb type objects each night.

Foul One

Its the same every night.  I have been unable to identify.  I only record video when its far too cold for bugs.  As far as I know, Missouri has no bugs that fly around when its 20 degrees F outside.  This is a video I posted on youtube. I don't know if I am supposed to leave a link or upload to this website.  Any help identifying this would be appreciated. I don't care what it is as long as I KNOW.  Can only be seen with infrared.  They are completely invisible to the naked eye with any other type of lighting.

Cheap infra red camera, motion tracker.  No wind or precipitation and freezing out.

Edited by Foul One
refine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I suspect that these illusions are caused by the headlights of moving cars reflecting from ice crystals in the air.

So it is not the ice crystals that move, but the reflection on them from the headlights.

18 minutes ago, Ell said:

I suspect that these illusions are caused by the headlights of moving cars reflecting from ice crystals in the air.

So it is not the ice crystals that move, but the reflection on them from the headlights.

This is a good theory. However, I have cameras on all 4 sides of my house and its the same all around.  I also get the most activity at 3-4 in the morning when there are no cars on the road. I live in a small town on the edge of a quiet neighborhood. The back yard sees nothing but woods so head lights are not a factor. Especially for the ones that take off from the ground and begin circling branches in the tree tops. Sometimes they are so thick I swear I should be able to see them if I go outside. But I never see anything at all. Only on infrared. Even when my wife sees them circling my head on camera I see nothing. There is also the thing where I see them in all types of weather and temperatures year round.  I simply watch them when I know for certain they are not bugs. I have a better camera. I will hook that up tonight and try to get some higher definition footage. Thank you for your input.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What prompted you to start doing infrared videoing if nothing was visible to the naked eyes?

Have you tried the same thing at some other random location to compare?

• Like 2

Man, that's a busy bunch of orbs. Looking foreward to better footage.

Welcome to U.M.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What prompted you to start doing infrared videoing if nothing was visible to the naked eyes?

Have you tried the same thing at some other random location to compare?

The camera is set up in my dog pen. I keep an eye on them when they go out.  I have another watching my vehicles. The others I set up just for fun. And yes, I get the same orb things on all cameras on all sides of my house. But only on infrared.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

I think this is fascinating.So these are infrared camera videos? Nothing to be seen on normal cameras?

Its interesting. The camera in front of the house faces the street. Each time a car drives past it the headlights brighten up everything to the point where the camera switches to normal mode for a few seconds. When the car is gone the camera switches back to infrared.  The orbs appear and disappear depending on whether the camera is in infrared or not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can it be a camera artefact?

If you put two camera's next to one another, do they show the same orbs or does only one of them at a time show an orb?

If both camera's show the same orb, then it is not a camera artefact, but real.

Edited by Ell
  • Like 1

They are fairies lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Foul One said:

The camera is set up in my dog pen. I keep an eye on them when they go out.  I have another watching my vehicles. The others I set up just for fun. And yes, I get the same orb things on all cameras on all sides of my house. But only on infrared.

Thanks for the further info. When I asked: 'Have you tried the same thing at some other random location to compare?', I meant far away like a mile. I was wondering if this is just a standard outdoor infrared effect or something specific to your home area.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for the further info. When I asked: 'Have you tried the same thing at some other random location to compare?', I meant far away like a mile. I was wondering if this is just a standard outdoor infrared effect or something specific to your home area.

I have on infrared game cameras occasionally. Nothing like here.  I have also seen them on my infrared binoculars far from home.  However these current cameras seem to do a lot better job of picking them out.  The game cameras detect and record motion but don't begin recording until the "orbs" are long gone. Some of these orbs can only be seen at 1/10th speed. They come and go in 2-3 frames.  In the video you are only seeing the slow ones. The infrared binoculars are very expensive but not the best choice for viewing these orbs. You need a wider field of vision.  Its a lot like trying to bird watch by looking at everything through a straw and not knowing when they will fly by.

A lot of people use infrared these days. Most security cameras have that function built into them by default. I am really surprised that there is not more information. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ell said:

Can it be a camera artifact?

If you put two camera's next to one another, do they show the same orbs or does only one of them at a time show an orb?

If both camera's show the same orb, then it is not a camera artifact, but real.

I have never tried using two cameras to view the same object at the same time. I think its a great idea.  All I can say at this point is that 4 different cameras are seeing the same type of thing on all 4 sides of my house.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Man, that's a busy bunch of orbs. Looking foreward to better footage.

Welcome to U.M.

I am attempting to create a better video using a more expensive camera and some slow motion shots etc... I am not very good at this.  Why don't some of you paranormal hunters set up in my backyard and see what it is?  When it warms up the bugs will come out and then its all over.

• Haha 1

This is the same area from a different angle using a slightly better camera. 

I was able to replay some of the more interesting events at 1/10 speed and really slow things down.

Maybe some camera enthusiasts here may be able to explain what we are seeing.

• Haha 1

That is a better image.

A few of the smaller ones, moving in a straight line, might be meteors.

As for the others, my guess still is that they are camera artefacts.

Do the orbs respond when you move a magnet near the camera?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foul One said:

I am attempting to create a better video using a more expensive camera and some slow motion shots etc... I am not very good at this.  Why don't some of you paranormal hunters set up in my backyard and see what it is?  When it warms up the bugs will come out and then its all over.

Why its not paranormal :rolleyes:

I recall an episode of lol monsterquest its on youtube "skyfish" the believer was so sure paranormal was the only possible answer, so they get this video expert onboard his expertise was slow motion video so he sets up as suggested here 2 cameras one was on normal speed the other very slow well they proved beyond doubt comparing the 2 it was in their case bugs, however many different things caused the "skyfish" phenomenon.

Each week the 2 nights i work for 7 plus hours in my booth i have a monitor of the patio that has an auto cam in the months when its still light out i see it flip from normal to IR, i see your type stuff on that cam every night and most of the night :sleepy:

When you posted your "better cam" video that and some "other info" im pretty darn sure i know just what your "orbs" are, however im going to give others a chance first and of course if im wrong my ego has no issues admitting it.

smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

• Haha 1

My opinion, dust & moisture. Even though you say no with there will still be some currents, the air will never be completely still. 

• Like 1

My last orb video. Nothing new to show you. Thank you everyone for helping find out what this may be.

Infrared camera outdoor temperature = 38 degrees F

Once again, no wind or precipitation

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, the13bats said:

Why its not paranormal :rolleyes:

I recall an episode of lol monsterquest its on youtube "skyfish" the believer was so sure paranormal was the only possible answer, so they get this video expert onboard his expertise was slow motion video so he sets up as suggested here 2 cameras one was on normal speed the other very slow well they proved beyond doubt comparing the 2 it was in their case bugs, however many different things caused the "skyfish" phenomenon.

Each week the 2 nights i work for 7 plus hours in my booth i have a monitor of the patio that has an auto cam in the months when its still light out i see it flip from normal to IR, i see your type stuff on that cam every night and most of the night :sleepy:

When you posted your "better cam" video that and some "other info" im pretty darn sure i know just what your "orbs" are, however im going to give others a chance first and of course if im wrong my ego has no issues admitting it.

smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

I don't believe in demons and spirits.  However as far as I know, Missouri has no bugs that fly around in sub freezing temperatures.

None of this is visible in normal lighting. I am curious to know what it may be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foul One said:

I don't believe in demons and spirits.  However as far as I know, Missouri has no bugs that fly around in sub freezing temperatures.

None of this is visible in normal lighting. I am curious to know what it may be.

Thats refreshing you dont believe in fantasy or made up explanations. I am rather OCD i tend to ramble on the bugs mention wasnt suggesting your video shows bugs it doesnt but we both already knew that.

Like i said i want to let others chime in as to what they think maybe someone will explain it perhaps ill even be wrong but i dont think i am, and heres another clue just because something might be weird, uncommon and unknown to one person doesnt mean the next wont know just what it is, heck you might just know what it is. :whistle:

Lets see what others have to say.

• Haha 1

Let me get this straight, so the choice is -

1. A trailer park chock full of ghosties that can be filmed at any given time, an absolute hotspot of paranormal activity the likes of which has never been seen anywhere before in all of history, or

2. A trailer park chock full of misidentified but completely normal particles in the air

I live in the real world, so I'll take door #2, Alex.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moonman said:

Let me get this straight, so the choice is -

1. A trailer park chock full of ghosties that can be filmed at any given time, an absolute hotspot of paranormal activity the likes of which has never been seen anywhere before in all of history, or

2. A trailer park chock full of misidentified but completely normal particles in the air

I live in the real world, so I'll take door #2, Alex.

Your off to a good start already. There are no trailers within view of my house.  Second, I never claimed they were paranormal. I only asked what they were.  I did notice that you have no information to add.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Foul One said:

There are no trailers within view of my house. 

Fooled me, sure looks like a trailer front and center in most of those. Regardless, that's not exactly the important part, is it.

Point is, you seem to want people to agree you live smack in the center of some magic unexplained phenomenon and handwave away every valid, normal explanation. You may find a few questionable minds around here that will agree it is something "otherworldly" being shown, but the vast majority of people understand that these videos show nothing of consequence. Nobody is going to be able to tell you with 100% certainty what these flecks are, just by these poor quality videos. Could be ash, snowflakes, ice crystals, fibers, water droplets, bits of feathers, dirt, pollutants - the list of possibilities is endless. Nobody on the internet can say what kind of stuff is in the air around your house at any given time. However, we can easily conclude that "unexplained ghosties" is the absolute LAST thing on the list.

You are asking a question that cannot be answered, but not because it is something "unexplained".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1