Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist proposes conventional explanation for sightings of Bigfoot

UM-Bot

14 hours ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

There's avoiding human detection, and then there's living among humans in populated areas enough to be supposedly witnessed almost weekly and yet never being captured, confirmed or detected. 

If we're getting into the realms of the supernatural then we might as well just claim that every single story we've ever heard about basically any myth might be possibly true, which would be an odd way of going about things. 

I do believe Bigfoot is real and has abilities to avoid detection that we would classify as paranormal.]

Other cryptids I judge on a case-by-case basis.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

What we're seeing on the footage of the PGF is a blown up copy of a copy of a copy... Etc. I honestly don't see anything that cannot and has not been explained away. 

While some people see muscles, I see a set of buttocks that resemble a huge diaper that doesn't move or jiggle or remotely move fluidly with the glutes like you'd expect from any bipedal creature. What I see is more indicative of a suit. 

I thought the same for years. You can see the muscle on the leg and how the feet are placed. It just couldn't be a human under a suit due to the proportions, leg and torso length. It was very hard for me to accept what I think now about it but I respect other's conclusions either way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

I thought the same for years. You can see the muscle on the leg and how the feet are placed. It just couldn't be a human under a suit due to the proportions, leg and torso length. It was very hard for me to accept what I think now about it but I respect other's conclusions either way.

You could look at Stan Winston's work and conclude that his suits couldn't possibly contain a human for the same reasons. That's what suits do. The only trouble guys like Winston had was that their suits fell under closer scrutiny as they were seen up close and personal from every angle. Patty was seen under amateurish conditions from a distance on a shaky camera for 30 seconds. Would the suit hold up if it was seen from every angle, up close and personal on clear film? 

Next time you watch it, take a look at that butt and ask yourself why it's not connected to the glutes. Why don't those big ole cheeks move in conjunction with those things? That's a glaring issue for a supposedly massive natural biped. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I've heard enough over the years to conclude the majority scientific opinion is that the film holds up very well. But you will only give credit to what you want to hear.

As for me, if the majority of expert opinions was 'suit' I'd believe 'suit' is most likely.

Can you name those scientists?

Would it be the unnamed animators from Walt Disney studios? Or the Russian yeti believer who has spent the last ten years travelling around Russia with a retired boxer being hoaxed by children? 

I'm unaware of these scientists... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I do believe Bigfoot is real and has abilities to avoid detection that we would classify as paranormal.]

Other cryptids I judge on a case-by-case basis.

That's one possibility, I suppose. 

Other possibilities are that they can turn themselves into trees, can achieve flight, disguise themselves as moose, morph into Gary Oldman, etc. 

While these are all possiblities... They're all incredibly improbable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

That's one possibility, I suppose. 

Other possibilities are that they can turn themselves into trees, can achieve flight, disguise themselves as moose, morph into Gary Oldman, etc. 

While these are all possiblities... They're all incredibly improbable. 

I call cloaking more probable than Gary Oldham.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

You could look at Stan Winston's work and conclude that his suits couldn't possibly contain a human for the same reasons. That's what suits do. The only trouble guys like Winston had was that their suits fell under closer scrutiny as they were seen up close and personal from every angle. Patty was seen under amateurish conditions from a distance on a shaky camera for 30 seconds. Would the suit hold up if it was seen from every angle, up close and personal on clear film? 

Next time you watch it, take a look at that butt and ask yourself why it's not connected to the glutes. Why don't those big ole cheeks move in conjunction with those things? That's a glaring issue for a supposedly massive natural biped. 

But you have to admit Nicki Minaj's butt seems to have a mind of its own also.:lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I call cloaking more probable than Gary Oldham.

Gary Oldman actually exists, though, so he's definitely more probable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

But you have to admit Nicki Minaj's butt seems to have a mind of its own also.:lol:

It's the kind of mind that I'd like to get to know on a personal level. 

• Haha 1

Ok, since some want to say this mythical beast is real I have a few questions. Maybe someone will attempt to answer them this time and engage in redirection of the conversation.

What is the viable population size for breeding? It likely would have to be in the the tens of thousands to account for the widespread (geography wise) alleged sightings. 

Do they maintain a social structure where they live in groups? If so how large?

If the viable breeding population size is a lower number, does that mean the creature, as described, is migratory? If so, how is it that such a large animal  has not been observed in its migratory pattern?

What is the preferred diet of the creature, as described? Is a carnivore, herbivore or omnivore?

What would be the likely daily caloric intake of such a massive animal?

Why is there zero evidence in the N American fossil record of any such creature ever existing (to include predecessors)?

Careful how you answer these, I have several follow on questions based on your answers.

So Footie believers, let's hear what you have.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Trelane said:

What is the viable population size for breeding?

If they are anything like the people in my current town I'd say 2.

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Do they maintain a social structure where they live in groups? If so how large?

Only in breeding season, 2 again.

13 minutes ago, Trelane said:

If the viable breeding population size is a lower number, does that mean the creature, as described, is migratory? If so, how is it that such a large animal  has not been observed in its migratory pattern?

They hitch rides on freight trains.

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

What would be the likely daily caloric intake of such a massive animal?

Six meat pies and a carton of beer.

15 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Why is there zero evidence in the N American fossil record of any such creature ever existing (to include predecessors)?

They eat their dead, including bones.

16 minutes ago, Trelane said:

What is the preferred diet of the creature, as described? Is a carnivore, herbivore or omnivore?

As above. they eat anything

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

If they are anything like the people in my current town I'd say 2.

Only in breeding season, 2 again.

They hitch rides on freight trains.

Six meat pies and a carton of beer.

They eat their dead, including bones.

As above. they eat anything

What?? No interdimensional trolleys??? No space-time vortex kayaks????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Trelane said:

Lol, they were all good questions Trelane that pretty well prove this creature can't exist. Even the enthusiasts have a smirk when they talk about it but I did see something and the story of BF keeps people alert in the wilderness which is always a good thing.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:44 AM, Trelane said:

Saiyan Great Apes disappear into a Hyperbolic Time Chamber to do stuff they don't want humans to see.

• Like 1

Black bears and hermits living out in the wilderness.

Explanation solved. Move along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1