Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the French deal with protestors using superglue

pellinore

THIS^ type of mentality of protesters is typical in the youth of today.  They seem convinced that while they are being "righteous" - and causing major problems for society - no one else would DARE cause THEM discomfort.  I doubt the guy was in as much pain as he claimed but if he was, chances are pretty good he'll find better ways to peacefully protest than to inconvenience thousands of his neighbors or even cause real harm by blocking emergency responders.

• Like 4

Someone else just dug up a bit of the road, left it attached to their hands and spot fixed the road with quick setting rubber. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Someone else just dug up a bit of the road, left it attached to their hands and spot fixed the road with quick setting rubber. 

Whatever it takes to teach them that causing potential dangers for others isn't the way to protest.  Trashing works of art is annoying but causing literal gridlock can lead to life threatening consequences for others.  There has to be a better way to get their point across.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, and-then said:

THIS^ type of mentality of protesters is typical in the youth of today.  They seem convinced that while they are being "righteous" - and causing major problems for society - no one else would DARE cause THEM discomfort.  I doubt the guy was in as much pain as he claimed but if he was, chances are pretty good he'll find better ways to peacefully protest than to inconvenience thousands of his neighbors or even cause real harm by blocking emergency responders.

I think theatrically he deserves an Oscar. Mentally he should stop sniffing the glue

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, and-then said:

Whatever it takes to teach them that causing potential dangers for others isn't the way to protest.  Trashing works of art is annoying but causing literal gridlock can lead to life threatening consequences for others.  There has to be a better way to get their point across.

Educating people with newsletters and round tables.

I've been active in environmental causes since I was in grade school and thought protests were always stupid and gave my sisters a raft and **** about them since the beginning.

But I did have a bad experience with Vietnam protesters as a child so that's what probably turned me off. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Educating people with newsletters and round tables.

I've been active in environmental causes since I was in grade school and thought protests were always stupid and gave my sisters a raft and **** about them since the beginning.

But I did have a bad experience with Vietnam protesters as a child so that's what probably turned me off. 

Exactly, you never convince someone to change their mind through protest, only inconvenience them to the point of exasperation and “fine, whatever you want… just shut up!”. And these climate protestors are not irritating enough, often enough for that “whatever…” effect to happen.

• Thanks 1

We need a wide, open, concrete, protestor plaza.

For all protestors making a nuisance of themselves, take them there and bolt them to the ground. Provide food and water, a bucket for the toilet, and for colder months warm clothes. Have hydrants around the outside to hose them down when they get smelly, and a drainage system for the filthy water to drain away in. We dont want them to die, we want to humilate them!!!

First offence punishment should be one year bolted to protestor plaza. Double it for every further offence 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. Then once a year make it legal for people to come and chuck tomato soup at them.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, pellinore said:

That's how I would deal with them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Exactly, you never convince someone to change their mind through protest, only inconvenience them to the point of exasperation and “fine, whatever you want… just shut up!”. And these climate protestors are not irritating enough, often enough for that “whatever…” effect to happen.

They aren't even really concerned with the environment, glueing themselves to trees and roads and throwing the glue containers in the sewer or on the  road or what ever, they don't care, they just want the attention  OR someone is paying them to disrupt society.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's how I would deal with them.

The protestors want to confront traffic. The police should just remove the mobile protestors, ask the glued ones if they want to be pulled off the road or stay, and then just wave the traffic through. Job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pellinore said:

The protestors want to confront traffic. The police should just remove the mobile protestors, ask the glued ones if they want to be pulled off the road or stay, and then just wave the traffic through. Job done.

No, leaving it to the motorists to decide what to do with the road glued people is wrong, the police need to clear them out as quickly as possible.