Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman declared dead at NY care centre found breathing at funeral home

pellinore

An investigation has been launched after an 82-year-old woman was pronounced dead at a New York nursing home - only to be found breathing three hours later at a funeral home.

The woman was said to be dead at Water's Edge Rehab and Nursing Centre at Port Jefferson on Long Island at 11.15am on Saturday.

It comes just weeks after a care home in Iowa was fined $10,000 (£8,300) over a similar episode.

Woman declared dead at New York care centre found breathing at funeral home | US News | Sky News

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Inflation shares some of the blame.  Add to that the Feds cutting reimbursements to doctors and this is the inevitable result.  In another decade Americans will be seeing NPs and PAs exclusively.  

• Like 1

Okay it has to be done as it’s the law for someone of a certain age demographic like myself.

• Haha 1

Reminds me of my old gran, her pulse was hard to find all her life. She said when she dies I should drive a stake through her heart, seriously. She passed at 94 and as I helped carry her coffin I had one ear out for life. I think she was a vampire.:cry:.

• Haha 1