Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zelensky addresses UK Parliament in person

L.A.T.1961

Walking on stage shortly after 1pm local time on Wednesday (8 February), President Zelensky was greeted by rapturous applause and cheers from members of the House of Commons and the House of Lords.

He ended his speech joking about British tea, and saying "Long, long live the King, Slava Ukraini", before raising his fingers in a V for victory gesture as he received a standing ovation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-64568478

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He did well. He's the only politician I admire atm. By chance,I was in Bovington today, if I known he was visiting there I'd have stayed to say hello to him.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

He did well. He's the only politician I admire atm. By chance,I was in Bovington today, if I known he was visiting there I'd have stayed to say hello to him.

I agree with you he is also one of the few I also admire, he has had one hell of job since 2019 when he was elected and his leadership skills have shown through all the dark clouds in his path!:tu:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you he is also one of the few I also admire, he has had one hell of job since 2019 when he was elected and his leadership skills have shown through all the dark clouds in his path!:tu:

Who would have thought we would witness another European war, trenches, genocide, torture, lives thrown away in suicidal attacks? Only the Russians would consider it. And the stupid barbarians will pay the price. A few months ago, NATO tanks were off the table, now they are getting Challengers and Abrams (I heard the Challengers firing on the Bovington ranges today, btw). Jet fighters next.

Then when the war is over, perhaps Russia can be persuaded to join the 21st Century.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Who would have thought we would witness another European war, trenches, genocide, torture, lives thrown away in suicidal attacks? Only the Russians would consider it. And the stupid barbarians will pay the price.

I have seen it coming for the last 28 years. Vladimir Putin has made it clear that since the collapse of the Soviet Union that he felt that the Russian Leadership sold Russia and the Russian people out. In the 1990s when the United States and NATO had to intervene in the Bosnian - Herzegovina conflict with Operation Deliberate Force it became clear that the entire conflict was a Russian Proxy War. This was the very beginning of Vladimir Putin move to restore the former Soviet Union and while it was never publicized it was obvious to the US Military. I wasn’t involved on the ground during that conflict but I was in a support position in the United States. Next in 2008, Vladimir Putin invades  Georgia, then in 2014 Vladimir Putin invades the Crimea and he send Russian Mercenaries to invade and entrench themselves in the Ukraine. So basically Putins goal is to restore the Soviet Union at any cost including a World War.

39 minutes ago, pellinore said:

A few months ago, NATO tanks were off the table, now they are getting Challengers and Abrams (I heard the Challengers firing on the Bovington ranges today, btw). Jet fighters next.

Then when the war is over, perhaps Russia can be persuaded to join the 21st Century.

My Friend NATO and the United States see Vladimir Putins plans and they realize he must be stopped at all cost. No, matter what some believe the United States will not fold due to pressure and NATO and the United States will support the Ukraine until the Crimea is part of the Ukraine again and until Russian forces have been expelled.

Take Care my Fr:tu:iend 

• Like 1