Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some of George Santos' constituents come to Capitol Hill to demand his expulsion

Grim Reaper 6

About 45 constituents of Republican Rep. George Santos traveled from New York's 3rd Congressional District to Capitol Hill Tuesday to demand Congress vote to expel him. We are here because Speaker McCarthy apparently cannot hear us when we speak from Long Island," said Jody Kass. Kass is the coordinator of Concerned Citizens of NY-03, a nonpartisan group who want to see Santos ousted from office. "Speaker McCarthy, if the GOP is so concerned about election integrity, how about doing something about the con man who lied his way into the House and perpetrated the greatest fraud on the electorate in American history?" she said 

The constituents were also joined by Reps. Daniel Goldman and Ritchie Torres, the New York Democrats who recently filed a complaint with the House Ethics Committee where the investigative process has started. McCarthy told reporters Tuesday the committee is "moving through" the complaint and suggested the House would take action if the committee found wrongdoing. But the time has come to end the tragedy and the comedy that is George Santos. You should no longer be deprived of the representation that you deserve," he continued to cheers from the crowd.

"Congressman Torres and I filed a complaint with the House Ethics Committee a couple of weeks ago as one of the first things that we did as part of this Congress because we saw the unbelievable and unprecedented amounts of fraud, deception, and lies that a single person has brought to what should be the hallowed halls of the Capitol," Goldman said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-santos-constituents-capitol-hill-demand-expulsion/story?id=96954096

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3

I heard on the news that Mitt Romney left him have it last night before the State of the Union speech.

• Like 7

The same George Santos that wa sa producer on Spider-man Turn off the Dark?

Star player of the Baruch volleyball team George Santos?

The very same George Santos who's Brazilian granbdparents surived the Holocaust half a world away George Santos? 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

The same George Santos that wa sa producer on Spider-man Turn off the Dark?

Star player of the Baruch volleyball team George Santos?

The very same George Santos who's Brazilian granbdparents surived the Holocaust half a world away George Santos? 

Yes indeed, how could they be mad at the first man to walk on the Moon?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Yes indeed, how could they be mad at the first man to walk on the Moon?

Why, if he hadn't repelled the British, we wouldn't even have a country!

• Like 6

It's almost as if he related to a previous pathological liar that got into office with admiration, and thought - well if he can do it I can do it and get into office too. And so Santos did it. :lol: It reminds me of criminals copying each other doing the same crimes if they see someone else get away with it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It requires a supermajority of House members to remove a sitting congressman from the body.  Assuming all Dems voted to remove, it will require 75 Republicans to also vote to remove him.  It should be interesting to watch.  Senators have no vote.  One certainty is that if he were a Dem, it would NEVER HAPPEN.  I don't care either way.  He's apparently psychotic and an embarrassment but that never stopped Dems from covering for one of theirs.  Yes, it will be interesting.  My guess is the media will browbeat long and hard and the Rs will roll over as they usually do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

About 45 constituents of Republican Rep. George Santos traveled from New York's 3rd Congressional District to Capitol Hill Tuesday to demand Congress vote to expel him. We are here because Speaker McCarthy apparently cannot hear us when we speak from Long Island," said Jody Kass. Kass is the coordinator of Concerned Citizens of NY-03, a nonpartisan group who want to see Santos ousted from office. "Speaker McCarthy, if the GOP is so concerned about election integrity, how about doing something about the con man who lied his way into the House and perpetrated the greatest fraud on the electorate in American history?" she said 

The constituents were also joined by Reps. Daniel Goldman and Ritchie Torres, the New York Democrats who recently filed a complaint with the House Ethics Committee where the investigative process has started. McCarthy told reporters Tuesday the committee is "moving through" the complaint and suggested the House would take action if the committee found wrongdoing. But the time has come to end the tragedy and the comedy that is George Santos. You should no longer be deprived of the representation that you deserve," he continued to cheers from the crowd.

"Congressman Torres and I filed a complaint with the House Ethics Committee a couple of weeks ago as one of the first things that we did as part of this Congress because we saw the unbelievable and unprecedented amounts of fraud, deception, and lies that a single person has brought to what should be the hallowed halls of the Capitol," Goldman said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-santos-constituents-capitol-hill-demand-expulsion/story?id=96954096

I feel badly for the GOP first they are still dealing with the damage that bumbling life costing incompetent bom caused now another albatross around their necks, anyone who loves this country would want these humiliations out, bom learned that 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and-then said:

It requires a supermajority of House members to remove a sitting congressman from the body.  Assuming all Dems voted to remove, it will require 75 Republicans to also vote to remove him.  It should be interesting to watch.  Senators have no vote.  One certainty is that if he were a Dem, it would NEVER HAPPEN.

That’s a very interesting and comical statement to make, in conversation we call that Whataboutism which is used to change the direction a conversation is headed in. Instead of openly saying that the guy is a criminal and a scumbag like the majority of Republican Representatives are saying bits as if you defending this guy. I mean when someone’s constituents ( our fellow Republicans) travel across the country to tell him to step down and he will not even face them. When, the Speaker of the House thinks it’s more important to keep a National Security threat in a seat than to start the proceedings to oust him that’s dam embarrassing to me as a Republican. Those same constituents that came to see Santos also wanted to speak with McCarthy who also did not meet with them. All, I can say the next time those people vote will they even vote Republican?

10 hours ago, and-then said:

I don't care either way.  He's apparently psychotic and an embarrassment but that never stopped Dems from covering for one of theirs.  Yes, it will be interesting.  My guess is the media will browbeat long and hard and the Rs will roll over as they usually do.

Obviously you care more than you say, what I don’t understand is why you can’t just admit the guy needs to be removed and stop with the whataboutism, it really doesn’t suit you!:no:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

I feel badly for the GOP first they are still dealing with the damage that bumbling life costing incompetent bom caused now another albatross around their necks, anyone who loves this country would want these humiliations out, bom learned that 2020.

Crap like this makes me embarrassed to be a Republican, whats worst than all the lies Santos told is the Speaker of The House McCarthy is covering for this guy. There only seems to be only one reason that Santos is still around and that is Trumps wishes, you see Trump supported Santos during his campaign. I sincerely wish my political party would pull its collective  head out of its butt. This scumbag needs to go and right now the Speaker Of the House is the only person preventing that from happening and he needs to man up and do his freakin job!!:td:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

30 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That’s a very interesting and comical statement to make, in conversation we call that Whataboutism which is used to change the direction a conversation is headed in. Instead of openly saying that the guy is a criminal and a scumbag like the majority of Republican Representatives are saying bits as if you defending this guy. I mean when someone’s constituents ( our fellow Republicans) travel across the country to tell him to step down and he will not even face them. When, the Speaker of the House thinks it’s more important to keep a National Security threat in a seat than to start the proceedings to oust him that’s dam embarrassing to me as a Republican. Those same constituents that came to see Santos also wanted to speak with McCarthy who also did not meet with them. All, I can say the next time those people vote will they even vote Republican?

Obviously you care more than you say, what I don’t understand is why you can’t just admit the guy needs to be removed and stop with the whataboutism, it really doesn’t suit you!:no:

Just lies what this guy sais, and I don't mean Santos.

Al Franken resigned because of a tastles joke. Now we have a pathological lier, a groomer, a former call girl, a proven jewish space laser anti semit......led by a traitor, but that is all fine with the good christian maga crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, odas said:

Al Franken resigned because of a tastles joke. Now we have a pathological lier, a groomer, a former call girl, a proven jewish space laser anti semit......led by a traitor, but that is all fine with the good christian maga crowd.

I am a Republican and this crap is embarrassing, I really don’t understand how any republican can make light of this situation!:no:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am a Republican and this crap is embarrassing, I really don’t understand how any republican can make light of this situation!:no:

It is always dangerous when a minority has the apsolute power. The majority of reps are decent people, especially Mit Romney. Hope they will find a way to remove maga idiots.

Obviously, we talked about DeSantis. I do not like him, I do not stand for anything he sais. But, he is the only one who can make an end to Trump, maga and Qannon. Trump knows it that is why he is all over him. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

• Like 3

I know y'all aren't seriously trying to tell me that Santos DIDN'T cross the Delaware with the Continental Army on Dec 25, 1776.  Woke media trying to erase history again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, odas said:

Yay jaysus and pew pews

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Parties change over time.  I started out Republican, mainly because of my father.  He led an honorable and kind life and it sat well with his Republicanism.  I can't see that today.

I am sorry but when I look at Republicans today, I don't see the party of family values. I see a cabal that wants to stay in power at any cost and cannot do it through the popular vote.

I see a party obsessed with using changing societal values to cover their efforts to destroy the middle class and turn the United States into a sh**hole country of the powerful few  controlling the desperate majority.  Fat cats and their minions.

In their own terms, they don't want to end the "plantation", most of them know they will never be plantation owners but suck up to elites enough to secure a position as an overseer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSlim said:

I know y'all aren't seriously trying to tell me that Santos DIDN'T cross the Delaware with the Continental Army on Dec 25, 1776.  Woke media trying to erase history again. 

He was there when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor too.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He was there when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor too.

Well yeah, he caught half of those MIGs barehanded.  I hear the military awarded him with the coveted Mauve Heart.

Edited by HSlim
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Parties change over time.  I started out Republican, mainly because of my father.  He led an honorable and kind life and it sat well with his Republicanism.  I can't see that today.

My father was also a Conservative Republican, so like you I was raised in a Republican environment. However, I have always been a moderate. 

I am sorry but when I look at Republicans today, I don't see the party of family values. I see a cabal that wants to stay in power at any cost and cannot do it through the popular vote.

I certainly agree with you and there lays the Dilemma, and it is complicated. The problem I see is with the Perry leadership, because the majority of the party is not made up of the RightWing extreme Conservatives we see in the news every day. Although, the problem lays with the fact that the Majority is allowing the Minority to plan the party’s path. This didn’t start with Trump, this started years earlier, Trump was the result of the problem. Everyday, we watch the news all we see are the crazies, and the most recent proof the the parties RightWing is in charge was the election of new Speaker of The House Republican Kevin McCarthy. Now, this morning on the news it says McCarthy is going to allow Santos to attend classified intelligence briefings WTF. Santos should not be allowed to participate in any classified briefing, hell the freak has so many Aliases no one is completely certain who he is.:td:

I see a party obsessed with using changing societal values to cover their efforts to destroy the middle class and turn the United States into a sh**hole country of the powerful few  controlling the desperate majority.  Fat cats and their minions.

I agree that they are certainly trying to change the fabric of our society. The biggest problem I see is the divisions they trying make permanent, which is RightWing Religious Nationalism. Currently the Leadership of the Republican Party is using the technique Trump used, to divide and conquer by using hatred of immigrants, LGBTQ, Minorities, and hatred between our Nations Political Parties. These issues are what divides our Middle Class and this crap needs to stop, and i certainly agree that their goal is like you say to put a minority in total control of a majority.

In their own terms, they don't want to end the "plantation", most of them know they will never be plantation owners but suck up to elites enough to secure a position as an overseer.

They are certainly trying to rebuild the Planation society we once had, and like you say they will never all be plantation owners, but they are willing to settle for being overseers. It’s dam sad that we are able to see and speak about this, and our government will not approach the issue.

Great post Tate, and I certainly agree with you thanks for the conversation!:tu:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, susieice said:

I heard on the news that Mitt Romney left him have it last night before the State of the Union speech.

Yea Mitt Romney, cut Santos off at the knees and this is what the rest of the Republican Party needs to do. But, just this morning the Speaker of the House McCarthy says he is going to allow Santos to be present for Classified Intelligence Briefings. I am at a loss for words, I really don’t know what’s wrong with these people!:td:

17 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

But, just this morning the Speaker of the House McCarthy says he is going to allow Santos to be present for Classified Intelligence Briefings.

I normally just let your hyperbole slide but this one is too, too much.  Ever heard of a guy named Swalwell who was banging a CHINESE INTEL  AGENT?  Nancy was aware of Fang Fang and didn't remove that punk from his spot on the committee.  You can make up whatever motives you like based on what I say, Manny... but it doesn't mean you are correct.  It's the Dems who kept blatant anti-Semites on committees and as for this psycho punk Santos, you should write your "Republican" :w00t: representative and demand he/she vote to remove.  As I said, members of the House CAN be ejected, but it takes a supermajority, just like the number of Senators it takes to remove a President.  

I think the lot of you are base hypocrites to be honest.  But allow me to make it clear.  I DON'T GIVE A DAMN what happens to the lying SOS.  

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

I normally just let your hyperbole slide but this one is too, too much.  Ever heard of a guy named Swalwell who was banging a CHINESE INTEL  AGENT?  Nancy was aware of Fang Fang and didn't remove that punk from his spot on the committee.

I am well aware of it, and it was F-Up, so are you saying that because of that this it is ok, that you support McCarthys decision?

Unlike you I don’t believe this should be a Tit for Tat situation, Nancy Pelosi is an idiot but that has no bearing on this situation and to add it to the conversation is Whataboutism. 

You can make up whatever motives you like based on what I say, Manny... but it doesn't mean you are correct.  It's the Dems who kept blatant anti-Semites on committees and as for this psycho punk Santos, you should write your "Republican" :w00t: representative and demand he/she vote to remove.

Who are those Anti-Semites, I am not exactly aware of who you’re talking about?

But, it’s comical you bring that subject up, so I will add the following. I understand your position on Israel and I agree with your opinion and views. But, answer this question, when President Trump took officer he brought a blatant Anti-Semite into our government and gave him a very important job. Trump made Steve Bannon the White House Chief Strategist, and correct me if I am wrong but I don’t recall you calling him out as a Blatant Anti-Semite did you?

JVP ON CHOICE OF WHITE SUPREMACIST, ANTI-SEMITIC, ISLAMOPHOBE STEPHEN BANNON AS CHIEF STRATEGIST:  https://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/2016/11/jvp-appointment-white-supremacist-anti-semitic-islamophobe-stephen-bannon/

As I said, members of the House CAN be ejected, but it takes a supermajority, just like the number of Senators it takes to remove a President. I think the lot of you are base hypocrites to be honest.  But allow me to make it clear.  I DON'T GIVE A DAMN what happens to the lying SOS.  

Well, as of this morning, YOUR Speaker of the House said he was going to allow Santos to attend Classified Intelligence Briefings. I don’t disagree that many of us come off as hypocrites at times, no one is perfect. If you say you don’t care what happens to the guy, I will take you at your word. But, keep in mind you can’t have it both ways because this effects the credibility of the Republican Party which means it also effects us.:yes:

• Like 3