Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Invasions': Congressman Addresses Speculation After UFOs Shot Down

Grim Reaper 6

Representative Jim Himes, a Connecticut Democrat, attempted to downplay concerns and talks of an "alien invasion" on Sunday in the wake of recent aerial objects being shot down by the United States. Himes represents Connecticut's 4th Congressional District and is the ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. On Sunday, he appeared on NBC News's Meet the Press where he was asked to weigh in on the recent reports that two unidentified aerial objects were shot down over American and Canadian airspace. While the nature of these objects has not been officially confirmed, they have nonetheless sparked semi-serious concerns online about possible contact by aliens.

'Alien Invasions': Congressman Addresses Speculation After UFOs Shot Down (msn.com)

• Like 1

This kinda thing fascinates me. Why do some immediately consider aliens as a possibility?

Could there be a psychological trait they all share?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Seems like this is a distraction from something else...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Mister No Name said:

Such as exotic non-American technology being deployed in American airspace? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Baffled pilots who shot down mystery object over Alaska say it 'interfered with sensors' 

The pilots of US Air Force F-35 fighters sent to intercept the mystery object over Alaska on Friday say that whatever it was had been “interfering with the sensors of their aircraft” before they shot it down.

Three unidentified objects have been spotted over North America in the past 10 days. The first, a giant airship “the size of three buses” is understood to have originated in China although the US and Chinese governments disagree about its exact purpose.

https://www.**************/news/world-news/baffled-pilots-who-shot-down-29198269

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

This kinda thing fascinates me. Why do some immediately consider aliens as a possibility?

I believe it’s a lack of information, the government sent jets to determine what the objects were before they shot them down. So they know what they were, yet by listing them as unknown they actually create the environment where Conspiracy Theories can grow! The question is why, and for that I have no answer. One, thing that’s a bit fascinating is the object they shot down today over Lake Huron was described as cylindrical in shape, but that doesn’t rule out the object being a balloon, so I just don’t know why they are doing this with the information.

JIMHO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I believe it’s a lack of information, the government sent jets to determine what the objects were before they shot them down. So they know what they were, yet by listing them as unknown they actually create the environment where Conspiracy Theories can grow! The question is why, and for that I have no answer. One, thing that’s a bit fascinating is the object they shot down today over Lake Huron was described as cylindrical in shape, but that doesn’t rule out the object being a balloon, so I just don’t know why they are doing this with the information.

JIMHO

The report I heard said it was octagonal. I still haven't heard when the Pentagon is going to give it's conference. I'm checking as the commercials come on during the Super Bowl. I can watch them on YouTube later.

The person interviewed absolutely talked about it's different shape and said it could have a different purpose. They're working on the recovery now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Mister No Name said:

I agree with you, it seems there is more to it than we are being told. I spent 23 years in the US Military 1978-2003, and then I fully retired from Government Contracting work in 2019. I currently live in South Korea with my Korean wife, at least here we are use to dealing with unidentified flying objects, because Kim Jong Um AKA Rocket Man keeps you on your toes!:lol:

Peace and thanks for your comments!:tu: 

New Video by VEVO and Sir Elton John!:tu:

• Like 1

Yes. It was octagonal. I also heard that the second one did have a payload. I guess we wait until recovery to find out.

https://news.yahoo.com/military-shoots-down-another-high-205600545.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGOjniC4VMJRG_but6dlHWekvQgT38eL2NTztbE3ObXhPuqXqd0KtixN496eihpFwFzQOdLikTAbFgLVB-H4LInYyx_ptKJ3h94rPr7KRYrXQi56kuAEmscoC94hTvVQETiFvfz2hq_W6UmhkAjQGJ1XyGGryvR8S-WNx1fRnDk9

This official said the object shot down was detected on radar over Montana on Saturday and was seen again on radar over Wisconsin and Michigan on Sunday.

The object was octagonal in structure, unmanned and traveling at about 20,000 feet, the official said. There is no indication of surveillance capabilities but the administration cannot rule that out.

A senior U.S. official said this object, like two others recently shot down, are not at all comparable to a suspected Chinese spy balloon that was first spotted in late January.

“There is no sense they are anything but meteorological balloons or some sort of weather balloon, not spy balloons," the official said. None appeared to have any payload, they are much smaller and such vessels are known to go off course.

Each is different and difficult to exactly identify, this official said.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

The report I heard said it was octagonal. I still haven't heard when the Pentagon is going to give it's conference. I'm checking as the commercials come on during the Super Bowl. I can watch them on YouTube later.

The person interviewed absolutely talked about it's different shape and said it could have a different purpose. They're working on the recovery now.

I thought I read cylindrical, but I could be having a Senior moment!:lol: But, hopefully we will have some better information soon, but I am not holding my breath, they still have not identified the information about the object in Alaska.:tu:

Peace Susie!:tu:

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I thought I read cylindrical, but I could be having a Senior moment!:lol: But, hopefully we will have some better information soon, but I am not holding my breath, they still have not identified the information about the object in Alaska.:tu:

Peace Susie!:tu:

I know they said the second and third ones were cylindrical. This stuck out to me because they mentioned the odd shape.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know they said the second and third ones were cylindrical. This stuck out to me because they mentioned the odd shape.

Maybe that’s where I got it from thanks Susie!:tu:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Same could be said for skeptics.

• Like 1

Here's the transcript from the Defense Department on today's object. I put the conference on the other thread. This is their website.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3296111/statement-on-todays-actions-by-north-american-aerospace-defense-command/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Here's the transcript from the Defense Department on today's object. I put the conference on the other thread. This is their website.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3296111/statement-on-todays-actions-by-north-american-aerospace-defense-command/

Susie you may enjoy this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Susie you may enjoy this.

Ok. It's halftime. My Eagles are up 24-14. Mahome hurt his ankle again and hobbled off the field but he was standing on the sideline. Hope he's ok. He wasn't walking right when they came on the field at the beginning of the game. Had a hard time with it 2 weeks ago in the Championship game. Ok...watching video.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gumball said:

Last couple of years has been pretty fascinating for the UFO subject.

Yes there has been more information released than ever before. The question is why, is it really unknown objects, or something to distract us from something else that’s occurring. I suppose in time the questions will be answered until then speculation only produces conspiracy theories which serve no purpose at all.

JIMHO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Ok. It's halftime. My Eagles are up 24-14. Mahome hurt his ankle again and hobbled off the field but he was standing on the sideline. Hope he's ok. He wasn't walking right when they came on the field at the beginning of the game. Had a hard time with it 2 weeks ago in the Championship game. Ok...watching video.

I hope he’s alright, and your team wins. Even, here in Korea the Koreans are watching the Super Bowl it’s really become a international sport!:tu:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes there has been more information released than ever before. The question is why, is it really unknown objects, or something to distract us from something else that’s occurring. I suppose in time the questions will be answered until then speculation only produces conspiracy theories which serve no purpose at all.

JIMHO

Either way it doesn't really matter.  There seems to be a growing acceptance that there are new ways things are staying in the air.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I hope he’s alright, and your team wins. Even, here in Korea the Koreans are watching the Super Bowl it’s really become a international sport!:tu:

The announcers said he'll get pain meds and heat treatment over half time. I just hope he doesn't push it too hard. The Chief's second touchdown was because the Eagles fumbled the ball. Now their up by 10. Mahome just wasn't walking right when he came in to the game and the last tackle reinjured it.

That guy makes a lot of interesting points. The reporter is the same one I was watching last night. I'm going to listen to it again.

• Like 1

So they have recovered debris from the second object. Some pilots said it tampered with their sensors and others said it didn't.

I can believe the speed the jets were traveling would have not given them a lot of time to look as they buzzed by. The second interviewee thinks it had to have some method of propulsion. I know pilots said the second had a payload but they probably went by this so fast, it could be hard to tell. Some pilots think they saw it while others didn't. A jet can't just slow down and take a look and I don't know if we have helicopters that can fly that high. We're going to have to look at it, and it sounds like what they got of the second one so far is going to Quantico too, and really see what it is. Even weather balloons carry equipment to record the atmospheric conditions and anything else the meteorologist is looking for. That guy said he knows of numerous times radar couldn't identify what they were seeing for quite a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Either way it doesn't really matter.  There seems to be a growing acceptance that there are new ways things are staying in the air.

I certainly don’t disagree and I believe there are intelligent species in our Galaxy and across the Universe. However, based upon a lot of thought and research into the subject I don’t believe we are currently being visited by extraterrestrials. If, you consider that the Universe is approximately 13.7 billion years old and our Solar System is approximately 4.5 billion years old and that the first life formed on Earth Approximately 3.8 billion years ago we are a young species and our Solar System is young. I believe if extraterrestrials traveled through our Solar System they most likely did so when the first life was emerging from our Oceans.

I mean, I believe life is plentiful in our Universe so what, even now do we have to offer a extraterrestrial species not much, if you consider the Universe is filled with life, some more advanced and some less advanced than we are. Our planet has nothing to offer that can’t be found in billions of other places, so why would they come here to this small fly spec of a Solar System to visit or study us. All carbon based life has the same characteristics, with the only major difference being design based upon environment. I believe one day in our future we will encounter another intelligent species that is as curious as we are, I just don’t think that day has come yet!

JIMHO

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, susieice said:

The announcers said he'll get pain meds and heat treatment over half time. I just hope he doesn't push it too hard. The Chief's second touchdown was because the Eagles fumbled the ball. Now their up by 10. Mahome just wasn't walking right when he came in to the game and the last tackle reinjured it.

That guy makes a lot of interesting points. The reporter is the same one I was watching last night. I'm going to listen to it again.

Wait, we went from potential UFOs or China to talking about a group of grown men chasing around a ball ??
okay ……….

• Haha 5