Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Train Derailments

F3SS

What does any this have to do with Greta? 

You people are weird tbh

• Like 6

I think the correlation is that she's an infamous environmentalist when in reality she's a paid actress that's only supposed to promote carbon taxes. Actual, imminent human rights violations (cobalt mining) and environmental hazards are not really important to her or at least to her handlers.

And that is the implied hypocritical contrast being drawn by those bringing her into the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I think the correlation is that she's an infamous environmentalist when in reality she's a paid actress that's only supposed to promote carbon taxes. Actual, imminent human rights violations (cobalt mining) and environmental hazards are not really important to her or at least to her handlers.

And that is the implied hypocritical contrast being drawn by those bringing her into the conversation. 

Sorry.  What is the implied hypocritical contrast here?  I just don't see any connection with her.  It seems like a diversion away from those really to blame, railroads that want to cut costs at the expense of safety and the DOT in administration after administration that wants to collect the donations and go along with the program.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Sorry.  What is the implied hypocritical contrast here?  I just don't see any connection with her.  It seems like a diversion away from those really to blame, railroads that want to cut costs at the expense of safety and the DOT in administration after administration that wants to collect the donations and go along with the program.

Well first of all I think I outlined it pretty well. Secondly, I'm not too interested in her beyond a meme. I started this thread and my interest lies in the topic at hand.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Well first of all I think I outlined it pretty well. Secondly, I'm not too interested in her beyond a meme. I started this thread and my interest lies in the topic at hand.

OK, so it wasn't a diversion away from who to blame.  I shared my thoughts, do you have any insights?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

She truly hurt their egos when she insulted incel king Andrew Tate. It's just the typical hivemind, that's all. Sometimes people genuinely seem to want to be clueless idiots. You're talking about people that respond in tweets that aren't even theirs, not exactly intellectual giants. 

Its bad when a girl kicks your butt far worse when shes way smarter too.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

OK, so it wasn't a diversion away from who to blame.  I shared my thoughts, do you have any insights?

Ha, about what in particular? Thought I've posted quite a few.

• Like 1

This does get me thinking about what exactly he role of the government is in all of this.  People always say they want the government out of their lives, that less regulations is a good thing, and that businesses and people should be responsible for their actions.

But then something like this happens and I see blame being put on Buttigieg and Trump.  Isn't it the fault of the railroad company?  The issue was mechanical and the responsibility of the company.  The entirety of the clean-up and taking care of the town should be their responsibility. 

Having lived through stuff like Union Carbide, Exxon Valdez, the gulf oil spill, etc.  I know that nothing will become of the company that did this and the local people will most likely suffer and die.

We always talk about how we don't want big government- until we do.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

This does get me thinking about what exactly he role of the government is in all of this.  People always say they want the government out of their lives, that less regulations is a good thing, and that businesses and people should be responsible for their actions.

But then something like this happens and I see blame being put on Buttigieg and Trump.  Isn't it the fault of the railroad company?  The issue was mechanical and the responsibility of the company.  The entirety of the clean-up and taking care of the town should be their responsibility. 

Having lived through stuff like Union Carbide, Exxon Valdez, the gulf oil spill, etc.  I know that nothing will become of the company that did this and the local people will most likely suffer and die.

We always talk about how we don't want big government- until we do.  

Are you trying to illustrate hypocrisy? This doesn't need big government. This falls under general welfare. We don't want them to do anything extraordinary. Just helped the people who are displaced and light a fire (no pun) up Norfolk's ass, hold them accountable and make them do something about this. It's simple crisis management. Instead they're all driven by political agendas and corporate donations. Our EPA is lying it seems. Actually, are they the ones who conducted the contamination tests? If yes, they're wrong. If not, how come? Our transportation secretary is a product of social equity. Just a feel good figure head who apparently isn't fit for the job and he's a wimp who can never address the people with honesty and integrity. It'd be nice if these people acted like they give a f. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovUGoQA9xS/?igshid=NmE0MzVhZDY=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Are you trying to illustrate hypocrisy? This doesn't need big government. This falls under general welfare. We don't want them to do anything extraordinary. Just helped the people who are displaced and light a fire (no pun) up Norfolk's ass, hold them accountable and make them do something about this. It's simple crisis management. Instead they're all driven by political agendas and corporate donations. Our EPA is lying it seems. Actually, are they the ones who conducted the contamination tests? If yes, they're wrong. If not, how come? Our transportation secretary is a product of social equity. Just a feel good figure head who apparently isn't fit for the job and he's a wimp who can never address the people with honesty and integrity. It'd be nice if these people acted like they give a f. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovUGoQA9xS/?igshid=NmE0MzVhZDY=

I don't see how it has to do with Buttigieg.  He may be transportation secretary but he's in charge of the roads and railways and not necessarily the vehicles on them.  You drive on a highway but you can't blame Pete because you get a flat and spill a can of paint in your pick-up.

The EPA is indeed testing homes and water: Site Profile - East Palestine Train Derailment - EPA OSC Response

But you realize their standards of what is "Safe" have been going up or down based on who controls the government.  The less regulation crowd lowers the standards and the more regulation crowd raises it.  The standards for water was lowered again in 2019: Trump finalizes repeal of Obama-era clean water rule (cnbc.com)

It might not be safe in your opinion, but legally by the standards the elected officials have to use, it is safe. 

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't see how it has to do with Buttigieg.  He may be transportation secretary but he's in charge of the roads and railways and not necessarily the vehicles on them.  You drive on a highway but you can't blame Pete because you get a flat and spill a can of paint in your pick-up.

The EPA is indeed testing homes and water: Site Profile - East Palestine Train Derailment - EPA OSC Response

But you realize their standards of what is "Safe" have been going up or down based on who controls the government.  The less regulation crowd lowers the standards and the more regulation crowd raises it.  The standards for water was lowered again in 2019: Trump finalizes repeal of Obama-era clean water rule (cnbc.com)

It might not be safe in your opinion, but legally by the standards the elected officials have to use, it is safe. 

This is a little more than a traffic incident and a gallon of paint. All Pete needs to do because this is under his territory is address the issue, talk about what went wrong and why and offer some solutions to prevent further incidents. Basically, pretend to give hoot and not play politics. Not "but Trump" the situation. He has a role to play and if that's not it then what exactly does he do besides run a social agenda and try to guilt me for swinging a hammer in a black neighborhood? 

How come they can't level with us? Say look, legally this is acceptable but we wouldn't recommend staying here. Any official in charge if any of this should be offered a few free nights in East Palestine. You'll know how safe it is by how they react to that.

The government has done a sht job of convincing me about what is and isn't safe for about 3 years now and I'm less convinced every day that they have your health in mind.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

This is a little more than a traffic incident and a gallon of paint. All Pete needs to do because this is under his territory is address the issue, talk about what went wrong and why and offer some solutions to prevent further incidents. Basically, pretend to give hoot and not play politics. Not "but Trump" the situation. He has a role to play and if that's not it then what exactly does he do besides run a social agenda and try to guilt me for swinging a hammer in a black neighborhood? 

How come they can't level with us? Say look, legally this is acceptable but we wouldn't recommend staying here. Any official in charge if any of this should be offered a few free nights in East Palestine. You'll know how safe it is by how they react to that.

The government has done a sht job of convincing me about what is and isn't safe for about 3 years now and I'm less convinced every day that they have your health in mind.

I don't disagree that their actions seem lacking.  But like I said, I lived though previous crisises and don't have any expectations at all.

I'm pretty sure I know why noone wants to step up on the issue outside of their very specific areas.  They don't want to be the ones to take responsibility for the disaster or the lingering effects.  It's a hot potato that people are just going to ignore and leave sitting on the ground.  Whoever steps up is going to be the one dealing with the issue 20 years from now when kids start dying from cancer and what not.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't disagree that their actions seem lacking.  But like I said, I lived though previous crisises and don't have any expectations at all.

I'm pretty sure I know why noone wants to step up on the issue outside of their very specific areas.  They don't want to be the ones to take responsibility for the disaster or the lingering effects.  It's a hot potato that people are just going to ignore and leave sitting on the ground.  Whoever steps up is going to be the one dealing with the issue 20 years from now when kids start dying from cancer and what not.

Their lack action/reaction is unacceptable. For the initial call to light a fire, I'd like to believe that was the best thing to do as an explosion would've been worse locally but probably resulting in the same thing abroad. They should've told a much wider radius to leave though and not been in such a hurry to tell them to return. 

We aren't dumb though. I should say not unreasonable. If these people in charge of whatever they're in charge of would actually hold Norfolk's feet to the fire they'd come off as professionals in their field and the focus would remain on the railroad company. My question is of they're so afraid to address the people they work for when shtf then what the hell are they doing taking these jobs. Elected representatives and appointed public servants aren't supposed to be kush jobs. I swear they're there just for the money and fame.

Edited by F3SS
  • Thanks 1

According to NPR, Norfolk skipped East Palestine townhall yesterday. Basically said it was too dangerous for their staff. 

The company released a statement announcing it would not attend due to a perceived physical threat "stemming from the increasing likelihood of the participation of outside parties."

https://www.axios.com/2023/02/16/norfolk-southern-east-palestine-town-hall

Disgraceful.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

According to NPR, Norfolk skipped East Palestine townhall yesterday. Basically said it was too dangerous for their staff. 

https://www.axios.com/2023/02/16/norfolk-southern-east-palestine-town-hall

Disgraceful.

As awful as they seem to be, I'm having hard time imagining a scenario where they're not in danger in that town. They could've done a zoom call at least.

• Like 4

On 2/15/2023 at 5:37 PM, HandsomeGorilla said:

She truly hurt their egos when she insulted incel king Andrew Tate. It's just the typical hivemind, that's all. Sometimes people genuinely seem to want to be clueless idiots. You're talking about people that respond in tweets that aren't even theirs, not exactly intellectual giants. 

Is this the insult you are referring to?

6 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Is this the insult you are referring to?

Yup, and Andy is in prison now for sex related crimes. Not to mention most of his cars have now been seized. It was his stupid post to Greta that alerted the authorities to his location. The schadenfreude is delicious.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yup, and Andy is in prison now for sex related crimes. Not to mention most of his cars have now been seized. It was his stupid post to Greta that alerted the authorities to his location. The schadenfreude is delicious.

Greta saying that was her email address seemed like a fail to me. I’m surprised there are corners of the internet that believe she came away from that with a win. She made a meme out of herself. 

“Thunberg then replied to this with a, “Yes, please do enlighten me”.  Email me at smalldickenergy@getalife.com.”  Since then, without a doubt, #smalldickenergy is now trending with plenty of memes on it and people are calling it the tweet of the year.”

https://www.latestly.com/socially/social-viral/smalldickenergy-trending-after-greta-thunberg-ratioed-andrew-tate-with-tweet-of-the-year-netizens-share-funny-memes-and-jokes-4645955.html

Thats what supposedly hurt “people’s” egos? Those “people” the best I can tell is everyone who doesn’t like Greta? I don’t know much about Andrew Tate but I hear people insulting him pretty consistently. I had no idea the devastating effect it was perceived to have on people who post Tweets. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Greta saying that was her email address seemed like a fail to me. I’m surprised there are corners of the internet that believe she came away from that with a win. She made a meme out of herself. 

“Thunberg then replied to this with a, “Yes, please do enlighten me”.  Email me at smalldickenergy@getalife.com.”  Since then, without a doubt, #smalldickenergy is now trending with plenty of memes on it and people are calling it the tweet of the year.”

https://www.latestly.com/socially/social-viral/smalldickenergy-trending-after-greta-thunberg-ratioed-andrew-tate-with-tweet-of-the-year-netizens-share-funny-memes-and-jokes-4645955.html

Thats what supposedly hurt “people’s” egos? Those “people” the best I can tell is everyone who doesn’t like Greta? I don’t know much about Andrew Tate but I hear people insulting him pretty consistently. I had no idea the devastating effect it was perceived to have on people who post Tweets. 

The guy tweeted Greta first being a first class entitled macho ass. She owned his ass with her reply. Fark around, find out. Boy, did he find out.

Are you defending this guy, Midge?

Edited by Hankenhunter
Punctuation
  • Like 3

So, if I understand correctly, the local authority’s ultimately set these Chemicals on fire? I’d say it their mess, And with maintenance issues, the railroad company.

• Like 1