Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Train Derailments

F3SS

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The guy tweeted Greta first being a first class entitled macho ass. She owned his ass with her reply. Fark around, find out. Boy, did he find out.

Are you defending this guy, Midge?

For real. Tates is literally jail at the moment while Romania continues it's investigation into human trafficking. 

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7196611/is-andrew-tate-still-prison/

But hey, let's make fun of Greta for telling us we should feel bad for polluting 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, el midgetron said:

So, if I understand correctly, the local authority’s ultimately set these Chemicals on fire? I’d say it their mess, And with maintenance issues, the railroad company.

They did a slow burn release to get rid of it and prevent a large explosion.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The guy tweeted Greta first being a first class entitled macho ass. She owned his ass with her reply. Fark around, find out. Boy, did he find out.

Are you defending this guy, Midge?

Nope. I’m defending people who don’t like Greta and also Twitter users. 

The reality of the situation is that fans of Greta see her tweet as a win for Greta. While not fans of Greta see it as Greta never wins. I do still wonder why her email address being that, would increase Greta’s appeal to people?

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

They did a slow burn release to get rid of it and prevent a large explosion.

If they end up killing thousands of people, would their good intentions matter? “We meant well” doesn’t always guarantee there are no legal consequences. 

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

For real. Tates is literally jail at the moment while Romania continues it's investigation into human trafficking. 

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7196611/is-andrew-tate-still-prison/

But hey, let's make fun of Greta for telling us we should feel bad for polluting 

She had the absolute temerity to give Trump the stink eye in public. That's a hangin offense to Magats.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

She had the absolute temerity to give Trump the stink eye in public. That's a hangin offense to Magats.

How dare you, 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That's interesting. So they are testing homes. 

If I lived in that area, I'd still get my home independently tested. After Trump gutted the EPA, and installed his toadies, they can't be trusted. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 6:20 PM, F3SS said:

Apparently Norfolk Southern is willing to help the residents to the tune of $5 per person

Yeah... I think they SHOULD pinch their pennies on this one.  This could be like Chernobyl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/14/2023 at 4:07 PM, spartan max2 said:

How true that actually is idk.

My guess is they're stalling to get a better picture of just how big a catastrophe this is going to be.  :(   Can you imagine having to remove that amount of soil and dispose of it safely?  Not to mention the toxic materials that may come down in the rain.  The pollution of the waterways will be the worst.  I have an old friend in Ambridge, PA.  I hope her family isn't going to be too harmed by this.  What a MESS... :( 

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

So, if I understand correctly, the local authority’s ultimately set these Chemicals on fire? I’d say it their mess, And with maintenance issues, the railroad company.

If it had to be done then who else? Maybe the RR company shouldn't be cleaning up themselves but they should be paying for the whole thing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

If it had to be done then who else? Maybe the RR company shouldn't be cleaning up themselves but they should be paying for the whole thing.

And the politicians who lined their pockets from this will get off Scott free.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 10:45 PM, el midgetron said:

WTF? I imagined this wreck being pretty catastrophic. Apparently, there is a different worse case scenario. 

It sounds like the railroad and the local and even federal government is scrambling to keep a lid on just how bad this could get.  I can understand needing to be circumspect in the beginning because panicking the population could cause more harm than necessary but after so long a time, it begins to smell of cover-up.  I saw a YT vid title that claimed this could be an American Chernobyl and just rolled my eyes.  If tens of millions of Americans begin needing a new water source to take the place of a major river then maybe that comparison isn't so crazy :(  

Buttigieg is a disgrace and I think the media will have a hard sell to reinvent him as a candidate for '24 after this level of obvious incompetence.  You'd think that after the airline debacle at the Holidays, the Transportation administration would have put a decent deputy in place to help the guy.  It's obvious he's way out of his depth.  Of course, the same can be said of Republican Gov. Mike DeWine, apparently.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Did it have to be done? What I read was the temp of one car was getting warmer. Does that guarantee a specific outcome? I have no doubt the people who made the decision and carried out the act all acted with the best intentions. 

• Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 10:17 PM, el midgetron said:

Hopefully just a coincidence. I find it reassuring that as of yet I haven’t seen other reports of small animals suddenly dying within that 10 mile stretch of Ohio, 

Hopefully this is coincidence.  Unless her animals died after drinking contaminate water, that would indicate the airborne particulate matter was causing deaths.  If that were the case then I think humans would also be suffering serious symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, Myles said:

She is living the high life.

I'm glad this happened well East of me.   No worries for me but I expect this to end up a super fund site for years to come.  

That's IF the Feds are willing to admit the extent of the damage.  Imagine living in the shadow of this and being unable to relocate.  There is a body of water about 10 minutes drive from me that was used as a dump site for a paper mill for over 20 years.  They always denied they were causing damage until some independent scientists found proof.  THEN they told the courts that it had taken 20 years to create the problem and they'd need that long to fix it, as well. :angry:

The shore area had dozens of high value homes that ALL lost very significant value as a result.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Did it have to be done? What I read was the temp of one car was getting warmer. Does that guarantee a specific outcome? I have no doubt the people who made the decision and carried out the act all acted with the best intentions. 

Or they wanted to burn it off to get the line back in operation sooner.  Its a 55 billion dollar railroad.  I bet  tens of millions of freight dollars pass through Palestine every day.  I also bet the DOT calculated supply chains and possible people out of work or manufacturing dollars lost  as a big part of their agreement to this strategy second only to the bad publicity from loss of life that RR and DOT  would get.  Safety and long term damage to soil and water are lower on the list.  Modern brakes required for cars carrying hazardous materials , last.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You drive on a highway but you can't blame Pete because you get a flat and spill a can of paint in your pick-up

Seriously?  No one is making the case that Pete is responsible for the derailment.  He IS responsible for managing a crisis like this when it involve millions of Americans.  Did I miss his presser where he explained what steps are going to be taken to mitigate this disaster?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

She always look like that. Her name is Greta, 

The amusing part of this rhetoric is that they seem to imply that Trump was somehow bested or bothered by an autistic shill of the Left.  They aren't real tuned in to self awareness.  The fact that a few here are blaming Orange Man Bad just verifies their obsessions.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, F3SS said:

If this thing turns out to be even close to jeopardizing the drinking water of 30 million Americans, I don't think any railroad would be capable of defraying such costs.  This will become a mess for DC to clean up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

If this thing turns out to be even close to jeopardizing the drinking water of 30 million Americans, I don't think any railroad would be capable of defraying such costs.  This will become a mess for DC to clean up.  

Who knows maybe Obama will go there, take a sip of water and claim a little poison never hurt anybody. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, and-then said:

That's IF the Feds are willing to admit the extent of the damage.  Imagine living in the shadow of this and being unable to relocate.  There is a body of water about 10 minutes drive from me that was used as a dump site for a paper mill for over 20 years.  They always denied they were causing damage until some independent scientists found proof.  THEN they told the courts that it had taken 20 years to create the problem and they'd need that long to fix it, as well. :angry:

The shore area had dozens of high value homes that ALL lost very significant value as a result.

Anyone near this is in bad shape.   Can't sell your house and move away.  Their property values are in the toilet now.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1