Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egg Shortages, Vaccines and 5G: Why Conspiracy Theories Are on the Rise

Grim Reaper 6

Conspiracy theories have always sparked our imaginations, from rumors that Elvis is still alive to the idea of alien spaceships being hidden in Area. Experts believe conspiracy theories may be on the rise in response to our increasingly complicated world. COVID alone has triggered the emergence of a number of conspiracy theories, including that COVID was manufactured in a lab as a bioweapon, and that the vaccine may be implanting chips into us or causing autism. I think it is easier to generate conspiracy theories because we have a greater volume of information available to us.

The world is complex and, at times, confusing, and conspiracy theories provide a satisfying narrative thread to tie together global events," Naomi Smith, a sociology lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia, told Newsweek. In an article posted to a blog named The DC Patriot, a writer using the pen name Howard Roark claimed a recent scientific paper showed that chicken egg yolk antibodies block the binding of COVID-19 spike proteins to proteins on the surface of human cells. "Chicken Egg Yolk Antibodies block the binding of multiple SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Variants to human ACE2. We're serious, and we've got the studies, links, and it's all from our own National Institute of Health right here in America," Roark wrote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/egg-shortages-vaccines-and-5g-why-conspiracy-theories-are-on-the-rise/ar-AA17f3sm?cvid=76a4f131386e4880afaa954a3c7b4bac

"You won't get covid and it prevents transmission if you get this vaccine" -GOV 

Elvis has left the building! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"You won't get covid and it prevents transmission if you get this vaccine" -GOV 

Elvis has left the building!

Well I must agree with that for certain, because I am fully vaccinated and I have caught Covid twice. However, in both cases it didn’t last for more than 3 days with symptoms equal to cold and no lasting symptoms so yes I can only attribute that to the vaccine!:tu:

• Like 1

Idk, people seem to need things to grasp at, cling to, most rational folks have given up on old fashioned things like bigfoot and ghosts election frauds and a flat earth but evil secret societies, fake viruses and anti vax type stuff along with alien invasions all fit in well for a more futuristic fantasy realm.

As long as people will eat such tripe cooks will serve it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Idk, people seem to need things to grasp at, cling to, most rational folks have given up on old fashioned things like bigfoot and ghosts election frauds and a flat earth but evil secret societies, fake viruses and anti vax type stuff along with alien invasions all fit in well for a more futuristic fantasy realm.

As long as people will eat such tripe cooks will serve it up.

Psychologists have been studying this more intently in recent years, what with the proliferation of idolatry in politics, the rise of groups like QAnon, the cult of personality and identity politics. 

What makes these people abandon or contort/conform their moral compass to suit their new, increasingly hateful and exclusionary ideology? It seems to evolve and twist into whatever new bizarre conspiracy they've convinced themselves of. 

• Like 3

There's a good reason for the recent quip:

"What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?  About six months" :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well I must agree with that for certain, because I am fully vaccinated and I have caught Covid twice. However, in both cases it didn’t last for more than 3 days with symptoms equal to cold and no lasting symptoms so yes I can only attribute that to the vaccine!:tu:

Of course, there can be no other reason you got over it other than the vaccine.  Our immune systems are not able to create antibodies without medical miracles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, acidhead said:

Of course, there can be no other reason you got over it other than the vaccine.  Our immune systems are not able to create antibodies without medical miracles.

Well that’s not true, they have discovered a global population that covers all countries where groups of individual’s are immune to Covid 19 and all coronavirus’s. They have been studying this groups of individuals and apparently they do get infected, however their T-Cells immediately attack the virus and destroy it before they ever have symptoms. There are millions of these people worldwide, and they are being studied for their unique immune response to the Virus. So, it appears that SARS-Cov-2 is not a Novel Virus at all, sometime in mankind’s past a human population was infected bY A MUTATION like SARS, MERS, OR SARS-Cov-2  and the reason these people are immune is genetic memory!

If you don’t believe me look it up! 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Psychologists have been studying this more intently in recent years, what with the proliferation of idolatry in politics, the rise of groups like QAnon, the cult of personality and identity politics. 

What makes these people abandon or contort/conform their moral compass to suit their new, increasingly hateful and exclusionary ideology? It seems to evolve and twist into whatever new bizarre conspiracy they've convinced themselves of. 

I guess i didnt really notice it much until 2016 and while in my life i saw politicians who people really loved i never saw one, such a flawed incompetent one bent kneed worshipped as BOM was, i soon realized it was a blind worship like is found with cult leaders, his huge fragile ego demnded it. i saw that BOM used the same tricks another person very much like him used in 1930s Germany.

These subjects seem to need a father figure someone to follow and think of as a beyond reproach messiah figure, they blame others for their failures which is where CT and make believe plays in so very well, the ideology is veneer thin, for example their sacrosanct god couldnt have lost an election so it had to be rigged, and no amount of proof to the contrary is considered.

If a person ever saw subjects of jim jones or other cult leaders interviewed the similarity between them their mindset and BOM subjects is uncanny. Enter the internet where those types can find kinship and it blows up but not without its fatal flaws 2020 showed us that not all of the American peoole were under the marmalaid messiahs spell and in turn those who couldnt except they were duped turn to new CT and make believe to avoid facing reality, its a vicious circle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

As a general FYI to all and sundry reading this (not you specifically GR6), The vaccine was to stop you dying from COVID, not to stop you catching it.

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

COVID alone has triggered the emergence of a number of conspiracy theories, including that COVID was manufactured in a lab as a bioweapon,

This theory was reinforced when in 2020 The Australian (a sober Australian Newspaper generally not known for its sensationalism) broke a story about how a CCP General had written a paper on Hybrid Warfare that addressed the idea of releasing a virus with high transmissibility and a low but substantial risk of death as a means of disrupting the global economy.

Edited by Alchopwn

20 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Unvaxed here. What about me? I had covid once. It took 2 years to get it and took living with it to catch it. My daughter caught it, then I got it 5 days later and then my wife the day after me. 3 days for each of us and only one considered a bad day although it wasn't too bad at all. My other daughter, a twin of the one that brought it home never caught it. We didn't mask up and isolate from eachother either.

What about the next time? Almost a year later my same daughter caught it again and my wife caught it soon after. Again, just a few days of nothing alarming. This time though, I didn't catch it and my other daughter again didn't catch it. She seems to be immune. What does my family attribute that to? 

It's almost a certainty that you really don't or can't have any idea one way or another if the vaccine had anything to do with how your experience went.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Unvaxed here. What about me? I had covid once. It took 2 years to get it and took living with it to catch it. My daughter caught it, then I got it 5 days later and then my wife the day after me. 3 days for each of us and only one considered a bad day although it wasn't too bad at all. My other daughter, a twin of the one that brought it home never caught it. We didn't mask up and isolate from eachother either.

I am very happy you and your family got through it so well. Here is the thing, different variants affect people differently. There can be numerous variants in a city or location at the same time but over a period of time one will become the primary variant and it will incorporate the others into itself as it eliminates the others, viruses of the same variety also attack each other and that’s how dominant mutations or variants occur. In 2021, it was discovered that genetic immunity to all coronaviruses exists, it was first discovered in nurses working in hospital wards that were treating Covid specifically. For some unknown reason there would be one health care worker who never caught the virus while all others did. At first they thought this was luck and nothing more, then a German immunologist started doin research on the subject and it was discovered that globally this was occurring.

Now, it’s excepted that genetic immunity exists and it may be the answer to this pandemic because if it can be duplicated it could change everything. During the research it was discovered that in cases like yours for some unknown reason a single family member would not get sick, so this genetic mutation was responsible. The genetics of how this works is centered on the individuals T-Cells and it is now believed that the mutation my be genetic memory. If this is correct Covid 19 is not a new or novel virus at all, it apparently has infected mankind in humanity’s past and according to research it may have occurred approximately 20,000 years ago. Your daughter may be one of the millions of individuals globally who is immune to all coronaviruses the only way to be certain is see your doctor and see if one of the global research projects is happening in your area. I hope she is one of them because that’s a gift, few share!:tu:

Are some people immune to COVID-19? https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/are-some-people-immune-cov

25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

What about the next time? Almost a year later my same daughter caught it again and my wife caught it soon after. Again, just a few days of nothing alarming. This time though, I didn't catch it and my other daughter again didn't catch it. She seems to be immune. What does my family attribute that to? 

It's almost a certainty that you really don't or can't have any idea one way or another if the vaccine had anything to do with how your experience went.

Its very possible they have a partial genetic immunity to the virus. Now I have caught the virus twice myself, first in September of 2022 and then again in late January 2023. It was like I had a cold for approximately 2-3 days no symptoms except fever and mild coughing and in both cases my body cleared the virus completely (I tested negative) in 6-7 days. Now I am more than fully vaccinated and I attributed it to that, but hey maybe I also have some immunity it’s impossible to say without further testing, which I may do in the future. As far as not knowing if the vaccine was responsible or if I have some level of genetic immunity doesn’t matter, because few have genetic immunity and for those people not being vaccinated can mean life or death. I am not pushing vaccination I frankly don’t care what anyone chooses to do, it’s their life and they should have the right to choose in my opinion.

I am not the average poster to these threads, I have degrees in biology and chemistry and during my military career my military occupational specialty was Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare. So, I have studied the science behind this pandemic and SARS, MERS, and SARS-Cov-2 since the pandemic began. I have confidence in what I am saying although I stopped posting to Covid threads a year ago because of the BS promoted by some who have no idea what they are talking about and who only offer opinions not based in any facts. If someone seriously asks me questions I will respond like I have done here. Everything I have said can be verified by simple online searches, but those searches must be into excepted medical sources not the media.

I hope I have been helpful and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me!:tu:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Here is the thing, different variants affect people differently.

No offense snipping the rest, it all sounds reasonable to me but the part I just quoted you on has always been my view. In the same house when 3 of us had it we all had different symptoms. 

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

No offense snipping the rest, it all sounds reasonable to me but the part I just quoted you on has always been my view. In the same house when 3 of us had it we all had different symptoms. 

It’s all do to each person’s immune system, even people from the same family are not the same that is all it is!

You can think I am full of BS that’s fine, but I gave you information today I bet you did not know!:tu:

26 minutes ago, F3SS said:

However you must be aware of the many far more severe cases. 

Don't they all illustrate that you got lucky? Could be your location, genetic pretty much any random factor that gave you higher than normal protection. But fact is many people went to hospital and many died. 

21 hours ago, and-then said:

There's a good reason for the recent quip:

"What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?  About six months" :yes:

Well, it's been over a year now and that lady the Ohio state house invited to tell us about how vaccines made her magnetic is still an idiot :innocent:

• Like 1

It’s all do to each person’s immune system, even people from the same family are not the same that is all it is!

You can think I am full of BS that’s fine, but I gave you information today I bet you did not know!:tu:

Why are you so ready to fight? I said what you said was reasonable. I had no arguments. 

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

However you must be aware of the many far more severe cases. 

Don't they all illustrate that you got lucky? Could be your location, genetic pretty much any random factor that gave you higher than normal protection. But fact is many people went to hospital and many died. 

I don't discount the severity of it early on. It seemed to be a random chance of fate that could strike anyone without prejudice. I see it as the ones, the healthier younger ones, who died or caught a severe case were unlucky rather than most people being lucky. The rest of us simply got sick and statistically that's all that was ever likely to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I don't discount the severity of it early on. It seemed to be a random chance of fate that could strike anyone without prejudice. I see it as the ones, the healthier younger ones, who died or caught a severe case were unlucky rather than most people being lucky. The rest of us simply got sick and statistically that's all that was ever likely to happen. 

That's exactly the case. It strikes without prejudice. 

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the official position here is all. 

To my knowledge it was always reported as a 1 to 2% chance of a very serious case and those with underlying conditions and the elderly were always the highest risk group. Which is why vaccination became a community responsibility. 98-99% of people were always expected to make a full recovery.  Those that didn't though suffered the most grave of consequences.

I've only heard anti vaxers say different to that. Example second post - acidhead repeats that which I've only heard on Anti vax sites. Yet he claims it's government advice. I know my government didn't say that. 

To me, the short period of vaccine discomfort was far better than an actual case. Eventually I got Covid and it smashed me for a week. My own fault, vaccination was late and I went to a concert. Never again. 

The severity did cause a lot of working downtime. I personally saw that as motivation to get vaccinated as well. I just can't afford the time off. Work just piles up in my absence.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Why are you so ready to fight? I said what you said was reasonable. I had no arguments.

Wow, I just reread my comments, I see what you mean but that is certainly not what I was thinking!!!!!:( I sincerely apologize that's not how I wanted it to come off at all, sincerely sorry!:tu:

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

I watched my wife nephew take his last breaths at Samsung Hospital in Seoul. He was 24 years old, never smoked, didn't drink and he was a Soccer Player on a semi-professional team.:( There is no explanation for his death except the fact he wasn't vaccinated, because this occurred October 05, 2020, because the vaccines were not out yet.

As of February 15, 2023, 6,841,640 deaths worldwide have been reported this makes this Pandemic the worst viral outbreak in known human history and more than million died in the United States. I personally think the figures are higher because in third world countries in many cases autopsy's were never performed. I personally think we dodged a bullet with Covid, SARS and MERS were both worst because they had a fatality rate between 15 to 25% of those infected but because of the high mortality rate and short incubation period SARS burned out because of Quarantine procedures and while MERS still exists the disease carrying mammal was identified which is the camel. I think people should realize the next pandemic could be right around the corner. Below is why!

1. SARS erupted out of nowhere in February 2003;

2. MERS erupted out of nowhere in early 2012;

3. SARS-Cov-2 erupted out of nowhere in 2019.

4. Next Coronavirus Pandemic to be determined _____________

It obvious that the time frame between these Viral outbreaks is happening approximately every 8 years. If this trend continues somewhere between 2026 and 2029 the next Pandemic should occur (hopefully Not). 

Again, I am truly sorry the misunderstanding occurred; it was not my intention hope you can overlook it my friend!!!!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I just reread my comments, I see what you mean but that is certainly not what I was thinking!!!!!:( I sincerely apologize that's not how I wanted it to come off at all, sincerely sorry!:tu:

I watched my wife nephew take his last breaths at Samsung Hospital in Seoul. He was 24 years old, never smoked, didn't drink and he was a Soccer Player on a semi-professional team.:( There is no explanation for his death except the fact he wasn't vaccinated, because this occurred October 05, 2020, because the vaccines were not out yet.

As of February 15, 2023, 6,841,640 deaths worldwide have been reported this makes this Pandemic the worst viral outbreak in known human history and more than million died in the United States. I personally think the figures are higher because in third world countries in many cases autopsy's were never performed. I personally think we dodged a bullet with Covid, SARS and MERS were both worst because they had a fatality rate between 15 to 25% of those infected but because of the high mortality rate and short incubation period SARS burned out because of Quarantine procedures and while MERS still exists the disease carrying mammal was identified which is the camel. I think people should realize the next pandemic could be right around the corner. Below is why!

1. SARS erupted out of nowhere in February 2003;

2. MERS erupted out of nowhere in early 2012;

3. SARS-Cov-2 erupted out of nowhere in 2019.

4. Next Coronavirus Pandemic to be determined _____________

It obvious that the time frame between these Viral outbreaks is happening approximately every 8 years. If this trend continues somewhere between 2026 and 2029 the next Pandemic should occur (hopefully Not). 

Again, I am truly sorry the misunderstanding occurred; it was not my intention hope you can overlook it my friend!!!!:tu:

In those early days of covid people dying who were in far better shape than me i really figured it would get me, i wasnt scared i didnt like the idea either but its my same mindset over things like hurricanes i cant do a thing about it.

Well that wasnt entirely true i could take precautions and when it came out get vaxxed which of course my OCD questioned but i was still in my mindset covid would likely take me out, that 1st time i got it i dont think i could have taken it being a bit worse yet it sure wasnt as bad as a lot of peoples cases.

To me the fact that it became a political weapon and a certain orange fellow caused countless extra deads should be the biggest lesson but its not.

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

In those early days of covid people dying who were in far better shape than me i really figured it would get me, i wasnt scared i didnt like the idea either but its my same mindset over things like hurricanes i cant do a thing about it.

I was also a bit scared even more so that fighting in a foreign country because in combat good planning gives you moderate control. But with this Virus it was Russian Roulette you just had no control over the out come because it was luck of the draw!

Well that wasnt entirely true i could take precautions and when it came out get vaxxed which of course my OCD questioned but i was still in my mindset covid would likely take me out, that 1st time i got it i dont think i could have taken it being a bit worse yet it sure wasnt as bad as a lot of peoples cases.

My Brother I also felt so fortunate that I survived, back in September 2022, so when I caught it again in late February I just had no fear because I survived it once. So my only concern was that my wife would be ok, which of course she was, because she is two years older than me 66 and it was her first infection! But, the virus was so mild except for a fever and a slight cough it could not really be considered as bad as the Flu. We have also been lucky because we have no after effects like so many people do, from loss of taste, smell , Brian fog, and many others.

To me the fact that it became a political weapon and a certain orange fellow caused countless extra deads should be the biggest lesson but its not.

I totally agree and over 1 million deaths in America prove what your saying is true. Especially when you consider, that there were approximately 6+ million deaths worldwide!

I am going to send you a private message.

Peace my brother!:tu: