Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buffalo supermarket shooter attacked in court

susieice

I know there's a thread about this in here somewhere, but Payton Gendron, the white supremacist convicted of killing 10 people in a supermarket in Buffalo on May 14, was attacked by a man in the courtroom during his sentencing hearing. Family members of the victims were giving their impact statements at the time. Gendron pleaded guilty in November to murder and domestic terrorism charges. He was removed from the courtroom and was later sentenced to life. He still faces Federal charges which could carry the death penalty.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/erzin-turkey-earthquake-building-collapse-construction-codes-rcna70733

The white supremacist who killed 10 Black people in a Buffalo supermarket was taken out of a courtroom Wednesday after someone in the audience rushed at him and was restrained by a court officer. Payton Gendron was later sentenced to life in prison.

The charged moment came at the sentencing of Payton Gendron. Victims' relatives were addressing him about their anguish and loss.

Gendron pleaded guilty in November to charges including murder and domestic terrorism motivated by hate. The terrorism charge carries an automatic life sentence.

Gendron pleaded guilty in November to charges including murder and domestic terrorism motivated by hate. The terrorism charge carries an automatic life sentence.

Gendron, now 19, wore bullet-resistant armor and a helmet equipped with a livestreaming camera as he carried out the May 14 attack. He killed his victims with a semiautomatic rifle, purchased legally but then modified so he could load it with high-capacity ammunition magazines that are illegal in New York.

There were only three survivors after he shot 13 people, specifically seeking out Black shoppers and workers.

His victims at Tops Friendly Market included a church deacon, the grocery store's guard, a neighborhood activist, a man shopping for a birthday cake, a grandmother of nine and the mother of a former Buffalo fire commissioner. The victims ranged in age from 32 to 86.

In documents posted online, Gendron said he hoped the attack would help preserve white power in the U.S. He wrote that he picked the Tops grocery store, about a three-hour drive from his home in Conklin, New York, because it was in a predominantly Black neighborhood.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It seems he got the opposite reaction to his goal of preserving "white supremacy", which isn't even real to begin with.  I would love to see a 23 and Me list of his DNA.  He needs some big therapy.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He needs some big therapy.

He needs a bullet... but that's just my opinion.  His kind of evil needs to be exterminated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well, i do hope he doesnt get special care and is sent right into gen pop where he can play hard to get at the prison dance, he can discuss white supremacy with the fellows lined up to "dance" with him.

• Like 3

Some of the families' statements are in the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/buffalo-grocery-mass-shooter-gets-life-in-prison-during-tense-sentencing-hearing-for-racist-attack/ar-AA17wsUW

“You don’t know a damn thing about Black people. We’re human. We like our kids to go to good schools. We love our kids. We never go to no neighborhoods to take people out,” Barbara Massey told the gunman.

As she continued to address the shooter, a man in a gray jogging suit ran toward Gendron, who was rushed out of the courtroom. Authorities surrounded the unidentified man, leading to a short break.

Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said the man would not be charged, telling reporters at a Wednesday afternoon news conference that he understands emotions were high during the sentencing.

Erie County Judge Susan Eagan spoke about the tense moment after everyone returned to the courtroom.

“I am sure that you are all disturbed by the physicality that we've seen in the courtroom here today. I understand that emotion. And I understand that anger. But we cannot have that in the courtroom,” she said.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, susieice said:

I know there's a thread about this in here somewhere, but Payton Gendron, the white supremacist convicted of killing 10 people in a supermarket in Buffalo on May 14, was attacked by a man in the courtroom during his sentencing hearing. Family members of the victims were giving their impact statements at the time. Gendron pleaded guilty in November to murder and domestic terrorism charges. He was removed from the courtroom and was later sentenced to life. He still faces Federal charges which could carry the death penalty.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/erzin-turkey-earthquake-building-collapse-construction-codes-rcna70733

The white supremacist who killed 10 Black people in a Buffalo supermarket was taken out of a courtroom Wednesday after someone in the audience rushed at him and was restrained by a court officer. Payton Gendron was later sentenced to life in prison.

The charged moment came at the sentencing of Payton Gendron. Victims' relatives were addressing him about their anguish and loss.

Gendron, now 19, wore bullet-resistant armor and a helmet equipped with a livestreaming camera as he carried out the May 14 attack. He killed his victims with a semiautomatic rifle, purchased legally but then modified so he could load it with high-capacity ammunition magazines that are illegal in New York.

There were only three survivors after he shot 13 people, specifically seeking out Black shoppers and workers.

His victims at Tops Friendly Market included a church deacon, the grocery store's guard, a neighborhood activist, a man shopping for a birthday cake, a grandmother of nine and the mother of a former Buffalo fire commissioner. The victims ranged in age from 32 to 86.

In documents posted online, Gendron said he hoped the attack would help preserve white power in the U.S. He wrote that he picked the Tops grocery store, about a three-hour drive from his home in Conklin, New York, because it was in a predominantly Black neighborhood.

Susie, they need to just hand him over to the crowds and let them tear him to pieces. There is no reason to waste millions to try this individual the evidence is overwhelming and he is guilty, the trial is a waste of time nothing more.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Well, i do hope he doesnt get special care and is sent right into gen pop where he can play hard to get at the prison dance, he can discuss white supremacy with the fellows lined up to "dance" with him.

Bats I am with you brother, they first should give him a huge Black Cell Mate who is down for murder. Then give him a job where the majority are Black Prisoners. The problem with putting him in GENPOP is the fact that all prisons have White Supremest Gangs who will protect him and treat him like  hero. I think they should just tell the public he is being released and turn him over to Black Mob so they can deal with the b****** directly!:devil:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Bats I am with you brother, they first should give him a huge Black Cell Mate who is down for murder. Then give him a job where the majority are Black Prisoners. The problem with putting him in GENPOP is the fact that all prisons have White Supremest Gangs who will protect him and treat him like  hero. I think they should just tell the public he is being released and turn him over to Black Mob so they can deal with the b****** directly!:devil:

Im not dissing on anyone who is down and bad but this guy would likely be the top killer of any prison he is sent to but hes also likely not a bad ass, if the white gangs dont protect him he will be gone inside a month the killer would be a hero on the black side, so if hes not group protected he will get prison protection, his own cell etc at tax payer $$$ in fact i guess his victims families will be paying his rent.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, susieice said:

i hope they take into consideration what the killer did before punishing the guy who attacked him in court.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, and-then said:

He needs a bullet... but that's just my opinion.  His kind of evil needs to be exterminated.

Taking him out is easier on him than letting him suffer his consequences.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Myles said:

i hope they take into consideration what the killer did before punishing the guy who attacked him in court.  

They did and the guy will not be charged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Susie, they need to just hand him over to the crowds and let them tear him to pieces. There is no reason to waste millions to try this individual the evidence is overwhelming and he is guilty, the trial is a waste of time nothing more.

Everyone gets the protection of the law. Even scumbags. They stopped the attack. That's enough. That won't be enough in prison though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Everyone gets the protection of the law. Even scumbags. They stopped the attack. That's enough. That won't be enough in prison though.

You’re certainly right everyone caught committing crimes in America certainly is suppose to get the protection of law. But, in open and shut cases and depending upon the crime giving some the protection of law just seems to be too good for them. But, again your right without equal treatment for all its a mighty slippery slope, so as usual Susie your spot on!:tu:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Im not dissing on anyone who is down and bad but this guy would likely be the top killer of any prison he is sent to but hes also likely not a bad ass, if the white gangs dont protect him he will be gone inside a month the killer would be a hero on the black side, so if hes not group protected he will get prison protection, his own cell etc at tax payer $$$ in fact i guess his victims families will be paying his rent.

Paul, I think you could be right, I am just too violent these days!:tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Paul, I think you could be right, I am just too violent these days!:tu:

Its not you some people are finding new and worse ways to be inhuman to others and it effects those who still care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its not you some people are finding new and worse ways to be inhuman to others and it effects those who still care.

I think you spot on Paul, but I am just so hateful and violent! :lol: