Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another six-year-old boy brings gun to school in Virginia

Still Waters

The mother of a six-year-old boy has been arrested after he brought a gun to his primary school in Virginia - the latest such incident in the US state.

Police were called to Little Creek Elementary School in the city of Norfolk on Thursday afternoon, where staff gave them the handgun.

No-one was injured, but one mother says the boy threatened to shoot her daughter in class.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64685367

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Grooming?

In a gun culture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Piney said:

In a gun culture.

It’s an idolizing and celebrating criminal behavior culture. 

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Merry Christmas, Jesus loves you.  

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., posted a photo of his family posing with guns on his Twitter account.

I highly doubt these are the types who’s  6 year old brings a gun to school 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

It’s an idolizing and celebrating criminal behavior culture. 

Nobody wanted to listen to MLK when he said "close the ghettos and take the profit from poverty". So you have Latino and Black gangs. Like you had Italian, Irish and Jewish gangs when they lived in the ghetto.

Then you have mobsters and outlaw bikers being glorified on TV.

On the other side a firearm is a tool for a job and that's it. Not a toy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Nobody wanted to listen to MLK when he said "close the ghettos and take the profit from poverty". So you have Latino and Black gangs. Like you had Italian, Irish and Jewish gangs when they lived in the ghetto.

Then you have mobsters and outlaw bikers being glorified on TV.

On the other side a firearm is a tool for a job and that's it. Not a toy.

Yep. It’s all over the place. Hear any rap music lately?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Watch 'The Godfather', 'Sons of Anarchy' or 'Breaking Bad'? 

Not all rap is gangster rap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

Watch 'The Godfather', 'Sons of Anarchy' or 'Breaking Bad'? 

Not all rap is gangster rap. 

No not all. The other types of rap, if not about violence, is about glorifying the objectification of women, or about drugs, greed, and over indulgence. 

I agree all these forms of entertainment have contributed. I find it very odd you stand in defense of rap music. Very odd indeed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

A 6 year old brought a gun to school because of rap?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No not all. The other types of rap, if not about violence, is about glorifying the objectification of women, or about drugs, greed, and over indulgence. 

I agree all these forms of entertainment have contributed. I find it very odd you stand in defense of rap music. Very odd indeed. 

There is a form of Indian rap that is about powow traditions and rez problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

My God, it’s the 80s again. 
They’ll blame DnD next…

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Or because all of their role models carry firearms and listen to music about using them to show you're a real G.

Seriously, its a culture that promotes murder and irresponsible use of firearms. Not something seen in families that teach responsible use, like the family photos above 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My God, it’s the 80s again. 
They’ll blame DnD next…

Rap is just a symptom of culture. The culture of irresponsible gun use. 

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

In part, probably. Why do people not want to face the fact some in this country are born into horrific cultures? 

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Because?

Because they look like law abiding parents who, though they posed for a tasteless picture, most likely put those guns under lock and key. 

Several of those guns are for hunting. One is a serious fully auto oozy looking weapon. Not something the average person can get down at the gun shop. Most likely at least one member of that family is military with special clearance. 

Did you get 6 year old taking a hand gun to school vibe from that picture?

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Because they look like law abiding parents who, though they posed for a tasteless picture, most likely put those guns under lock and key. 

The parents of the six year old kids who took guns to school looked law abiding too.  If we track past discussions, many law abiding gun owners resist the idea of locking their guns up.   Since the Colorado representative and her husband have been detained by police on more than one occasion, law abiding may not be in her resume.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

In part, probably. Why do people not want to face the fact some in this country are born into horrific cultures? 

So I've actually worked with a couple kiddos who brought guns to school (sadly seems more common than it ends up on the news. I'm not sure why some events make national news while others don't) . Be it's either at school, to the bus, or in their locker. 

And each time the main factors seemed to be 1) perceiving that they were bullied and wanting the bullies to stop. And 2) having access to guns at home.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

So I've actually worked with a couple kiddos who brought guns to school (sadly seems more common than it ends up on the news. I'm not sure why some events make national news while others don't) . Be it's either at school, to the bus, or in their locker. 

And each time the main factors seemed to be 1) perceiving that they were bullied and wanting the bullies to stop. And 2) having access to guns at home.

Yeah I could see that. In this case though he was threatening to shoot people before he ever pulled out the gun. A girl no less. Sounds like he was trying to be a thug 

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The parents of the six year old kids who took guns to school looked law abiding too.  If we track past discussions, many law abiding gun owners resist the idea of locking their guns up.   Since the Colorado representative and her husband have been detained by police on more than one occasion, law abiding may not be in her resume.

Being detained by police doesn’t mean they have committed a crime. In fact people get detained all the time for exorcising constitutional rights. 

I haven’t seen a pic of the parents. They obviously at least don’t take gun ownership very responsibly. 

Edited by preacherman76