Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God created man in His own image

Dejarma

I'd say without a doubt life/ intelligent sentient life exists out there. Why wouldn't it!?

I'm told humans were created in gods image....

If all the conspiracy theories are real & a small majority know for a fact highly intelligent beings exist
of which many suggest are far more advanced & been around a lot longer than humans:

who's responsible for creating their image?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I'd say without a doubt life/ intelligent sentient life exists out there. Why wouldn't it!?

If all the conspiracy theories are real & a small majority know for a fact highly intelligent beings exist
of which many suggest are far more advanced & been around a lot longer than humans:

I was taught in Catholic Bible study that god did create man in his own image, so with that in mind it’s interesting to note that GOD spelled backwards is Dog.:yes:

So based upon that, I think everyone should say hello to there master, oh and by the way GOD doesn’t bite :tu:

Peace Bro!

83B12C94-D070-464C-AC39-C9E5AEFBBC60.webp

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

If you want to subscribe to Christian/Jewish mythology as well as the popular UFO and conspiracy mythology there is always the interpretation that "in God's image" refers to their sapient minds rather than any physical description. 

Really it's the only interpretation that would make sense with official theology (the truth behind it is of course that the parts of the Bible were written during different times and are not internally consistent with each other)

Following this any sapient species is created "in God's image" 

This of course poses the question how many alien species out in the countless galaxies also experienced sinfall and whether "God" has to incarnate on each of their planets and go through the whole self-sacrifice stuff in order to "redeem" them. :-p

That's how I'd explain it if I believed in the Bible or Conspiracy theories. But the Internet 8s vast, and I'm sure if you look you can find someone whoclaims they're created by Satan or something. 

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

We are regularly mocked by those who believe in science, the Big Bang, and mankind's rise to the pinnacle without any need for a Creator.  I always get a little confused on their lack of answers for what was going on in the time prior to this "bang".  IMO, the biggest distinction between myself and those types is that I'm not bothered by their beliefs in the least.  No need for me to mock or to become angry.  Live and let live.  I sometimes get the impression they are desperately trying to shout faith down.  I'm just not sure why it matters so much to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

it’s interesting to note that GOD spelled backwards is Dog

also jesus said backwards sounds like sausage- sausage dog... do you think someone years ago was avin a laugh? :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

We are regularly mocked by those who believe in science

well those who believe mock the sciences .. both sides of the fence are a bunch of mockers it seems

HA, us humans tut tut ;)

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, and-then said:

We are regularly mocked by those who believe in science, the Big Bang, and mankind's rise to the pinnacle without any need for a Creator.  I always get a little confused on their lack of answers for what was going on in the time prior to this "bang". 

I think my reply just before yours was reasonably respectful. 

As to what happened before the Big Bang...I like the idea that there was another universe that, after expanding, crushed itself back into a dot and then "our" big bang happened. Though as I keep telli gyou I am not without faith. 

It doesn't answer the question of an ultimate origin, but neither does the Bible really since it doesn't explain where the origin of God lies or what "he" was doing before creation (I know the common answers to this, but in my opinion they are just as vague and say just as little as you view the BBT) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

As to what happened before the Big Bang...I like the idea that there was another universe that, after expanding, crushed itself back into a dot and then "our" big bang happened.

yep, exactly how i see it :tu:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

well those who believe mock the sciences

Only the totally uneducated.  I'm speaking in general terms.  I'm from one of the poorest, least enlightened states in the US but I don't know a single person of faith that mocks the reality of scientific progress.  The distinction is very clear.  They understand the important role of science in our modern era.  They simply refuse to worship at its altar as though it has or ever will have the answers to the human existence.  There is a clear record of scientific advance and the moral degradation that has accompanied it.  What I'm saying is that those whose rejection of faith is couched in their worship of science, will find themselves eventually admitting they were wrong.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

also jesus said backwards sounds like sausage- sausage dog... do you think someone years ago was avin a laugh? :lol:

Yes I do your right, because GOD is a very hot commodity today. So, no matter what anyone says GOD is  HOT DOG and that’s why Jesus performed so many miracles,:lol:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

but in my opinion they are just as vague and say just as little as you view the BBT) 

Ah... but I don't make any claim to know or to ever be able to know that answer apart from the will of God.  I'm pretty sure those kneeling before the science altar, firmly believe they will.  The part of this that baffles me most is the absolute intransigence against even the idea of a Creator.  They are no more able to disprove it than people of faith are to prove it.  Yet, it's those of faith who are generally seen as ignorant, even willfully so.  

It doesn't seem to occur to them, as a group, that the discoveries that are made by the scientific method, might just someday point them to that Creator.  I find it totally likely that when the ultimate mysteries of our kind are revealed, it will be as much by the scientific method as by the will of the Creator.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

Only the totally uneducated.  I'm speaking in general terms.  I'm from one of the poorest, least enlightened states in the US but I don't know a single person of faith that mocks the reality of scientific progress.  The distinction is very clear.  They understand the important role of science in our modern era.  They simply refuse to worship at its altar as though it has or ever will have the answers to the human existence.  There is a clear record of scientific advance and the moral degradation that has accompanied it.  What I'm saying is that those whose rejection of faith is couched in their worship of science, will find themselves eventually admitting they were wrong.  

Do you honestly believe any Organized or Non-Organized actually explains man’s existence better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

What I'm saying is that those whose rejection of faith is couched in their worship of science, will find themselves eventually admitting they were wrong.  

you're confusing me... do you believe in gods creation or not?

either evolution or god created everything  are the only 2 options, or are they?- are you suggesting there might be another option hence your statement?

11 minutes ago, and-then said:

Well then you’re a party of one. I myself HAVE seen exactly that in certain areas and as to your being from one of the poorest states I’m from southern West Virginia so apparently there’s a lot you haven’t seen. 

cormac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you're confusing me... do you believe in gods creation or not?

either evolution or god created everything  are the only 2 options, or are they?- are you suggesting there might be another option hence your statement?

Not really. 

cormac

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, and-then said:

We are regularly mocked by those who believe in science, the Big Bang, and mankind's rise to the pinnacle without any need for a Creator.  I always get a little confused on their lack of answers for what was going on in the time prior to this "bang".  IMO, the biggest distinction between myself and those types is that I'm not bothered by their beliefs in the least.  No need for me to mock or to become angry.  Live and let live.  I sometimes get the impression they are desperately trying to shout faith down.  I'm just not sure why it matters so much to them.

What lack of answer? Let me try.

Can you imagine nothing? Not even empty space. Most people can't, and I sometimes struggle myself. But before TBB there was absolutely nothing.
Then a quantum fluctuation occured (they have been produced in labs, so they're real). A quantum fluctuation is a burst of energy that comes from nothing. Literally.
That burst of energy suddenly expanded rapidly. That expansion was TTB.

Just ask if you'd like me to elaborate something.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I can’t say I have ever met anyone that worships science with a religious zeal and from what I have seen here in the forum most don’t mock believers that are good people with a personal belief. Those that are more extreme in their beliefs do generally put themselves in a difficult position as they cannot validate their claims.

Personally I think man created god in man’s image.

I would go slightly different and say if there is a god, a Creator by whatever definition, it exists so far outside our 4-dimensional (3 + time) existence and understanding as to render us completely and forever in the dark in regards to knowing anything meaningful about it. 

cormac

• Like 5

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

I would go slightly different and say if there is a god, a Creator by whatever definition, it exists so far outside our 4-dimensional (3 + time) existence and understanding as to render us completely and forever in the dark in regards to knowing anything meaningful about it. 

cormac

Hi Cormac

Agreed and yet man still describes god with qualities of man which is something I reject.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cormac

Agreed and yet man still describes god with qualities of man which is something I reject.

All the easier to accept Him if He’s just like one of the guys. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Even if such an entity could somehow be proven to exist, the question still remains "Where did God come from?". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Even if such an entity could somehow be proven to exist, the question still remains "Where did God come from?". 

If we could never understand something that exists beyond 4D would it even matter as we could never have a meaningful frame of reference? 

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

If we could never understand something that exists beyond 4D would it even matter as we could never have a meaningful frame of reference? 

cormac

I don't think it matters anyway. All of this feels like a merry-go-round to me. Some think god is personal, impersonal, doesn't exist, can/n't be prove to exist. Even if something is 10th dimensional, with reality warping powers, it wouldn't matter really. People even put almost religious faith in science. God is just a place holder for something unknown or even unknowable. It's meaningless. It's a lot like asking "Why?", a question that only creates more questions. 

• Like 3